• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 19

If he'd kicked that quick they could have aimed for the draw/win?

Must have recieved a message that everyone is knackered

If he'd kicked that quick they could have aimed for the draw/win?

Must have recieved a message that everyone is knackered
I mean based on the previous 79mins only one side was gonna score if the game restarted

Doesn't matter how low players are or how low tall tacklers can get, if you smash someone in the head you smash them in the head.

Given force, degree of danger, outcome surely you start at the top and look for mitigation? You see "harmless" (no negative outcome, no HIA, etc) upright tacklers being shown red fairly frequently. Disgraceful decision regarding that specific tackle there IMO.
This is where the laws have changed. Players were getting penalised for tackling correctly, but still making head contact, especially when players ducked or fell into contact. It's a contact sport and while trying to reduce head injuries is important, you are never going to eliminate them unless you remove contact completely. Therefore they changed the rules so that if a player is bent at the hips and making a legal tackle, then he's doing the right thing and the head contact is considered a rugby incident. Neild ducked into contact, so short of going even lower, there was not much Kirsten could do.

The charge down into an offside team mate so you give away a penalty is a pretty obscure laws interaction. I vaguely remembered something about you can't be offside after a charge down, but it turns out upon looking that its' only an opponent charging the ball down can play you onside. Offside law 10.8

That might've been what caused the confusion from the bloke on the ground thinking he could play the ball, since people often interpret a charge down as 'everyone's onside'. But really it shows that you probably shouldn't call it a charge down when the person knocking on is that far from the kicker. It leads to weird ****.

Uhhh what was he waiting for?
Didn't understand that either. Would have thought taking a restart would give them a chance of a win. .Not sure a BP will help them much
Like I said beforehand SAle needed a win to realistically finish top 4.

Anyway Chiefs win puts them 11 pts above bottom 6 so all is good.

So glad for that win but given we had 3 tries by half time then not getting that BP is huges given our run in.

Wuss Tigers Bath Sarries Bristol Quins. We should beat Bath Wuss and Bristol on current form but having all 3 of the top 3 to play between now and the end of the season is tough.

Love watching Northampton. They always seem to be in a cracking game even if they do inevitably lose most of them. Alex Mitchell should be in the England squad IMO.

Elsewhere I was very disappointed with Sale letting the north down @TRF_Olyy and the less said about Newcastle the better.

Very tempted to head down to Northampton to watch Wasps on Sunday.

BT sport was literally bringing out the lube today when talking about Sarries. The amount of times they talked about Sarries missing players despite Tigers not fielding 11 regular starters the first what 50 minutes or so.
Let alone the mental gymnastics you are using to justify a hit that the player didn't even try to go lower. It's laughable that you think that Murimurivalu is a red and not the head hit.

Mind I don't expect much different from a club that has to use the jerry springer book of showbiz to try generate crowd noise. (A bit uncalled for but Loz commentating Tigers winds me up so damn much)
Care and Dallaglio being biased towards Saracens? Okay…

A lot of teams are missing players (injury, international duty…) but I suspect the point the commentators were making was quality over quantity, e.g. Itoje.

If you had watched the game, you'd actually know that it was the commentary team (Care, Dallaglio and Eykyn) who were the ones that referenced the Murimurivalu and Green hits as being acts that ought to be stamped out of the game, not me. Care & Dallaglio even went to the effort of outlining the difference between why Davies received a yellow and Naulago a red, but what does that matter when clearly anonymous LeinsterMan knows more about rugby than Care & Dallaglio with their combined 800 appearances for Harlequins, Wasps, England and the Lions.

Latest posts