• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 2

First try scorer in the Wasps vs Bears game relegates the other team to be being the only team in the league to not cross the whitewash

I'd go with the above too, although as a Bath fan it gets very frustrating watch the number of times we simply don't turn up to games, but because we may finish within a reasonable score the "almost there" is treated as good enough.

If we can cut out the stupid unforced errors i fancy our chances down at Bath....

Winners in bold:
Gloucester v Leicester
Bath v Newcastle - can see Falcons sneaking this ala last year
Exeter v Northampton
Harlequins v Worcester
Wasps v Bristol - Bristol were very poor against Saracens
London Irish v Sale - Sale should win but they are not the same away from Salford

Gloucester 17-37 Leicester Tigers (hoping Hastings can improve Gloucester and make them compact defensively, though Tigers will punish them with their attack)
Bath 29-19 Newcastle Falcons (I believe this will be close but Newcastle will cough up penalties, which will be costly. Oh and Scot, Josh Bayliss will score :p)
Exeter 21-21 Northampton Saints (Stuart Hogg will rescue Chiefs with a drop goal at the death)
Harlequins 35-7 Worcester (Quins attack will be too much for Worcester, though I do see them take an early lead via Duhan van der Merwe individual brilliance)
Wasps 15-24 Bristol Bears (I fully believe Bears will be much better this week and, add in the fact that this is Wasps first game of the season, I reckon they'll be rusty)
London Irish 20-32 Sale (There is always entertainment and tries galore when Irish play hence why I say this score lol, I reckon McGuigan scores 2 and Quirke one to show their respective International managers what their capable of. I think Blair Cowan departure could really affect Irish this season as he was excellent last season, especially defensively)

Here is the Mystic Shaun predictions for next weekend so feel free to criticise me (though go easy lol) or praise me, whatever you see fit :) :).

YAY WE GET TO PLAY! Just gonna put it out there, the bye week kinda sucks. Feels like no one wants to play with you haha.

Winners in bold:
Gloucester v Leicester - Too powerful for Glaws. Look like a strong contender for top 4 run with Ford unlikely to get called away. I will say, if Heyes & Genge aren't about, i'm not 100% Tigers have the front row. Leicester to win by 14+
Bath v Newcastle - close game but Bath to nick it at death. Fearns to ruin someones day. - Both teams below 20
Exeter v Northampton - Kick up the arse post last week and back to winning ways at home. - Exeter to score 4 in 1st half and both teams 20+
Harlequins v Worcester - Quins to beat Wuss but high scoring affair, both teams over 30 points.
Wasps v Bristol - Bristol were very poor against Saracens - high scoring but have a feeling we nick it. Wasps by 3
London Irish v Sale - Sale to win but close again. Irish didn't look great but Sale always little rusty away from home at start of season and missing a few big players. Sale by 7

Think Chiefs will be better this weekend but if we have no one back then it will be tough.

Quite fancy a good season for Wasps, maybe being first game will tell this week, think Hougaard will be a great signing the drop off when Robson is absent is so obvious to see, hopefully he can fill that gap.

IMO Gloucester will win.
First home game of the season in front of a full Kingsholm

Don't underestimate Home advantage especially after the last year

My money all home wins bar Wasps v Bristol and Irish v Sale

E_9s3VPWQAAB8Sx

May drops out, and a 6-2 bench

Should be a good game, I reckon Tigers will pump them

Yeah. Odd back row set up for Gloucester. I'd have thought that Tigers will own the breakdown and the lineout which is going to make it difficult for Gloucester to get any kind of foothold.

This is why i have beef with Eggchasers podcast... they said they think Wasps will lose to Brizzle but also mentioned they thought we would finish below Gloucester!!.

The cheek of it...

26.09.21_LondonIrish_Away_TeamNews_Newsletter.jpg

Minimal changes:
AJ back, Oosthuizen and Solomona onto the bench

Would've liked to have seen Langdon involved - wonder if Axe is going to use Sarries old strategy of switching players around every two games

SATURDAY 25 SEPTEMBER; 3.00
The Recreation Ground
Ref: Craig Maxwell-Keys
TJs: Dean Richards and John Meredith
TMO: David Rose

Bath:
15 Tom de Glanville*
14 Semesa Rokoduguni(*)
13 Jonathan Joseph
12 Max Ojomoh*
11 Will Muir(*)
10 Orlando Bailey*
9 Ollie Fox*

1 Juan Schoeman
2 Tom Dunn*
3 Johannes Jonker
4 Mike Williams
5 Charlie Ewels* (c)
6 Miles Reid*
7 Sam Underhill
8 Josh Bayliss*

16 Jacques du Toit, 17 Beno Obano*, 18 D'Arcy Rae, 19 Tom Ellis*, 20 Jaco Coetzee
21 Max Green, 22 Will Butt*, 23 Max Clark*

Newcastle:
15 Tom Penny
14 Adam Radwan
13 Ben Stevenson
12 Pete Lucock
11 Iwan Stephens
10 Will Haydon-Wood
9 Louis Schreuder

1 Adam Brocklebank
2 George McGuigan
3 Richard Palframan
4 Greg Peterson
5 Sean Robinson
6 Philip van der Walt
7 Will Welch (c)
8 Carl Fearns
Replacements

16 Jamie Blamire, 17 Kyle Cooper, 18 Mark Tampin, 19 Marco Fuser, 20 Gary Graham
21 Cameron Nordli-Kelemeti, 22 Brett Connon, 23 George Wacokecoke

Seems a bit mean to make Deano run touch...
* denotes Bath academy products; (*) denotes first senior professional XVs contract for Bath.
6 first choice starters
5 second choice starters
4 third choice starters
1.87th choice starting XV

Last edited:

Latest posts