• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 22

Seeing it again, I'm not so sure that 2nd try shold have been allowed. 2-3 chiefs dive straight over the top to seal it off, preventing Clark from challenging for the ball (and he's actively told to get out of there by Barnes).

Never mind
I'm also wondering about the 4th try. First I think Barnes blows his whistle for held up before the second movement and then I'm not sure about the second movement. Anyone remember what was discussed at the time and why it was allowed?

Also interesting that Wasps went for the 3 points again. They missed out on European qualification earlier in the season by not going for the BP and they really needed the BP here to give themselves the best chance of finishing 4th. I think they would have missed out anyway, but their conservative play is not going to win them anything big.

Can we all apprciate the absolute gas of the Chiefs prop Schickerling! About 01:55 in!

Also very happy with the comeback.

Schickerling seems to be a very handy player. Williams and Street might have a hard time getting back in to the side.

Also interesting that Wasps went for the 3 points again. They missed out on European qualification earlier in the season by not going for the BP and they really needed the BP here to give themselves the best chance of finishing 4th. I think they would have missed out anyway, but their conservative play is not going to win them anything big.
So its an interesting one because we made the same mistake the week before except we went for it and then didn't get it. First time we went for it and failed, second time we took 3. I will say it did force Glaws have to go for the 7ptr because we were 6 pts ahead rather than take the 3 and draw.

So its an interesting one because we made the same mistake the week before except we went for it and then didn't get it. First time we went for it and failed, second time we took 3. I will say it did force Glaws have to go for the 7ptr because we were 6 pts ahead rather than take the 3 and draw.
Yeah, hindsight is always wonderful. They definitely made the wrong choice in Europe.

Guess it depends on what the aim is. Just finish as high as possible or try for play offs. If you go for play offs then you have to take risks.

Yeah, hindsight is always wonderful. They definitely made the wrong choice in Europe.

Guess it depends on what the aim is. Just finish as high as possible or try for play offs. If you go for play offs then you have to take risks.
100%. I have a feeling that Blackett may have written this season off a little bit and wants to secure Champions Cup and go from there. Go into next season with a fully fit squad.

Also not sure if anyone saw Matt Carley binning both hookers in the wasps game (Oghre and Singleton) for standing up in the scrum. Understand its the rules but did seem a little silly haha. Also we nearly saw Barbeary stand in at hooker.

Latest posts