• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 3

Being non biased we shouldn't have so not sure on that.

Job done.
But the standard of officiating is shocking in rugby
Oh I was being sarcastic, but a win is a win.

The reffing makes no sense, Bath get 2 players in the bin for what we done many times today. Then at the end you have a shoulder to head let go, confuses me

OMG the end of the Budgies game! Absolute scenes!

Umaga doing Umaga things - dropping a pass, kicking it into a Falcons player, and then the opposition going 80m and scoring

Three wins from three. Considering 2 seasons ago Leicester only won 6 games total and 7 the season before that this is a dream start. 2BPs as well which has been one of Leicester's issues in recent years. Good solid start, let's see if we can keep it up.

Nice to see Falcons playing well.
All those young players, playing with confidence.

On Tigers Chessum IMO was our MotM impressive if work man performance at lock.

Nice to see Falcons playing well.
All those young players, playing with confidence.

On Tigers Chessum IMO was our MotM impressive if work man performance at lock.
Agreed. I thought he was good too.

Liebenberg was everywhere though - a really top performance. I rate him as one of the best 6/8s in the league now.

Tom Penny sent off for blatant eye gouging....I just don't understand stupidity like that....

Huge ban coming.....deservedly
I haven't seen it, but judging your description of it being 'blatant', it was a bad one … really surprised and disappointed in Penny, not to mention Dean Richards for not only dismissing it, but actively blaming Gopperth and the ref.

How this was missed by the tmo or ref I have no idea, leciester should count themselves super lucky and saries fans should be suitably ****** off.

Funny how fickle supporters groups can be,
Dolly playing really well for tigers and there's guys on the sale Facebook group saying they're glad he's gone cause his lineout is poor (has he lost one this season?) and he doesn't do anything outside of the setpiece

I'd swap him for Akker in a heartbeat: much better value for money plus EQP and academy credit

I think it's more some people just don't like to say their club made a mistake (I do it knowingly others it's just built into them)

Dolly has been brilliant a 22 year old who played against a lion and pretty much lasted the whole 80. Dude does what Borthwick wants.

Today Dolly had
10 tackles 0 missed
22 line outs won 1 lost

What else would you want from him

I think it's more some people just don't like to say their club made a mistake (I do it knowingly others it's just built into them)

Dolly has been brilliant a 22 year old who played against a lion and pretty much lasted the whole 80. Dude does what Borthwick wants.

Today Dolly had
10 tackles 0 missed
22 line outs won 1 lost

What else would you want from him
Yeah, agree with that
I was ****** when we let him go because he looked the best of our academy hookers, was just unlucky that his contract ran out during COVID season

Luckily Langdon and Ashman both look great now, but I've always hated people putting down rivals to make their players seem better
Like I'm not gonna start saying JvP is crap cause he's Quirkes England rival
More than one player can be good at once

Personally I'm really happy he's playing well - he's a good lad and a great player who through no real fault of his own found himself clubless, and worked his way back to the top flight

Tigers have a lot of cases like that in previous years a lot of very good leavers, some right calls others not, Although I still stand by my Thacker wasn't going to ever be the right hooker for us imo mcguigan was a bigger loss.

COVID messed up a lot of talented youngsters.

Looking at it that COVID mess at Tigers whilst brutal was prob the best thing to happen too us.

Also you couldn't compare JVP to quirke away would be like comparing Coke to dirty water that got put into a sodastream (JVP being the coke).

Also you couldn't compare JVP to quirke away would be like comparing Coke to dirty water that got put into a sodastream (JVP being the coke).
He's coke in the way that he's just poison with a fancy label
Quirke is pond water in that with a bit of refining he'll be the nectar of life

Just seen the Penny gouge and while it was definitely reckless, it's not the 'blatant' and deliberate act it was portrayed as.

Stupid and needless to keep pushing Gopperth in the face, but not a vicious act of thuggery and I don't believe there was any intent to make contact with the eye area.

Yeah, the single-club pages seem to be split fairly evenly between fans who don't want to admit their club did a bad thing; fans who don't want to admit that their club did a good thing, and those who think there's a mix and good and bad.
In theory, it should be about 80% in the latter group, with the first 2 chipping in occasionally; but in reality it seems that those groups have a fairly even split, and most of the conversations are the first 2 groups shouting at each other, whilst the last group get tired of fighting and stick to the occasional intervention.

COVID messed up a lot of talented youngsters.
Also quoted for truth. the last 2 years have seen no action for the A-league, and minimal time available out on loan to the championship. So the 19-22 year olds haven't had the game time they usually would to develop their game out of the public eye.

And now we're back with a reduced salary cap, and reduced squads, and those same kids are 2nd or 3rd choice, and too close to the match day 23 to risk going out on loan. For example at Bath, with 1 injury at each of 9, 10 and 12; and our 9-10-12 axis are all under 22, and have less than a dozen appearances between them

Last edited:

Latest posts