• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 21/22 - Rd 5

I thought that Quins over thought it

They should have just gone full on loopey doopey

Harsh, but the weak link by the end of the year may be Care. Last week he was poo
r in decision making and this week he was a bit off the pace

Definitely thought the officials had a poor game and got quite a bit wrong. How can you not give a penalty when you are told that 19 is in front, you then shout at him to stop and then he makes a tackle? That's just poor.
Yeah, they were **** both ways so at least it evened out - just seen a clip from the kickoff they scored from and Northmore was a good metre or two inside our half before Smith kicked it

there is an issue here about offences which are never called up and then result in a score compared to spurious calls when no-one truly has a clue as to what is going on

There was a scrum in the first half where Marler totally destroyed his opponent who was injured, but it was ignored for a technical offence on the other side of the scrum that only arose because of the destruction opposite

Not a problem with the ref on the pitch but the TMO rarely seems up to the job

it was ignored for a technical offence on the other side of the scrum that only arose because of the destruction opposite
Wasn't it the other way round? I thought the scrum went down on the otherside causing it to collapse in that way so Marlers drive went across the scrum lifting Schoenert over the hooker?
Lifting the opposition player off the floor in the scrum is a penalty, anyway (Healy got it wrong saying it should be a penalty to Quins for Marler lifting him)

Scrums are terrible these days, though - just flip a coin most of the time

After all the slavering over Dombrandt last week ,he was invisible last night. Not sure what EJ will make of that.
Now watch BV have a blinder tomorrow.

To be fair, that's kind of how it goes with Dombrandt. He has games where he's massively influential and some where it passes him by a little. His quieter games are rarely outright poor, but he does need to find a way to get himself in to those games - even if it's just through sheer work rate. 10 tackles in that sort of game is on the low side for example.

I also think the quins pack struggled against that sale pack. Difficult to showcase your skills like last week when your under the cosh.

But that's when he has to show his adaptability...roll his sleeves up and be influential in the tight.

I'd still like to see him start behind behind England pack.

Yep. Totally agree.

No shame in being beaten by a brutal Sale pack. We certainly won't be the last to be second best in the physicality department.

Many sides will leave Sale beaten or at least beaten up...

It's springbok esque, for obvious reasons.

Jones will be watching how Dombrandt copes in those situations.

For now he has to start in the Ais...as the next options....are Willis or Chick. Not sure either of those are ready for starting the Ais against Australia or South Africa....

And Mercer is away...

Or Simmonds?

I really rate Willis and while he doesn't have the highlight reel of Dombrandt or Simmonds, I think he's a better all round Number 8.

I also like Chick, I just don't think he's as good as the other four (including Mercer).

Or Simmonds?

I really rate Willis and while he doesn't have the highlight reel of Dombrandt or Simmonds, I think he's a better all round Number 8.

I also like Chick, I just don't think he's as good as the other four (including Mercer).
I think Willis, Dombrandt and Simmonds are all pretty distinct in their styles and I think the argument over which we should go for hinges on the gameplan and the synergy with the rest of the team.

Simmonds - Best choice if we expect a fast, high scoring open game.
Willis - Best choice for a south african style bruising encounter
Dombrandt - I'd say a middle ground between the 2, probably more suited to games against the likes of Wales or Ireland.

I rate Tom Willis very highly, just think they're not quite ready.

Simmonds, ah, you need to build a team round him...or play him at flanker where you have Ben Earl, a similar type.

If Dombrandt isn't able to do the hard yacker that Jones demands, then Simmonds defo can't.

Worcester with some of the worst tackling I have ever seen v Potter who scores another try he really shouldn't have scored

The speed difference between Simmonds and Nowell is pretty comical

In another life Simmonds has 50+ caps as a centre

How many tackles did Shields break??
Ludicrous, he must have coated himself in vaseline before the game, no one could get hold of him

That Dan Frost has been some signing at hooker for Wasps mind. Looks the complete package, set piece and in the loose ....

Falcons 7 -0 up...

Not great considering so many Bristol mainstays missing

Latest posts