• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Rd 19

This will be impressive if they deny Sarries anything.

Head on head then kicks it - result is Sarries scrum?
Wut

Edit: Finally clocked it

Need Raffi to find some form and get back in the England mix. I don't rate JvP.
Gus War GIF by Sale Sharks Rugby

We're now no longer the only side I've seen pinged for time wasting at the lineout haha

Whilst there was legitimate grievance with the refereeing, there was some poor discipline and naievety.

Amazed though that Sale escaped without a yellow towards the end (think advantage was given 3 times before Sarries took too long to form the line out) with a penalty count of 13 v 9 for Sarries.

Hopefully there won't be as many volatile decisions come the playoffs.

Whilst there was legitimate grievance with the refereeing, there was some poor discipline and naievety.

Amazed though that Sale escaped without a yellow towards the end (think advantage was given 3 times before Sarries took too long to form the line out) with a penalty count of 13 v 9 for Sarries.

Hopefully there won't be as many volatile decisions come the playoffs.
Yeah Sale seemed to avoid yellows for repeated infringements but then both Sarries cards came from foul play so they are not really comparable, you'd probably back either at home it's probably that close, bet Alex Sanderson is pleased to finally get that allusive win against Sarries and it will for sure give them confidence should they end up playing against each other in the latter stages, be interesting to see how they go both fully loaded. Who were Sale missing of note due to internationals, Fords a funny one because he is a class act but is he better than Rob who has been immense with Warr for a while now, you'd certainly lose a lot of physically swapping him with Ford.

We had two penalties for offside in that period of play, that's not enough to warrant a card - especially when one of those could've easily gone the other way for dummying at the base of the ruck

Only Ben Curry and Ford missing for internationals,
Otherwise unavailable that would've been involved: Akker, Tom Curry, Dan du Preez, Manu

The point isn't around the yellow/red for Sarries but that in that specific period of play I think the ref put his hand out for two offsides and a high tackle. Factor in the number of penalties conceded already up to that point there ought to have been a warning and then a card shown.

Looking back at the Hislop/Carpenter incident, ignoring for a second that Carpenter led with his fist and elbow at neck/head level, Carpenter didn't even go off for a HIA.

The level of inconsistency when it comes to disciplary procedures and player welfare is not positive for the sport. They need to use the telematic data from the players and the ball to mitigate some of these issues.

Looking back at the Hislop/Carpenter incident, ignoring for a second that Carpenter led with his fist and elbow at neck/head level

Yep. I watched the game as a recording, fast forwarding through all the breaks in play so I didn't listen to the discussions / watch all the replays. I knew someone was going to be in trouble but I really wasn't sure who until I saw the card come out. Watching in real time my first instinct was to wonder what colour card Carpenter was in for.

As for the forward pass. Seriously?

Latest posts