• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 22/23 - Rd 21

Not really Borthwick's play style, either, is it?
A lot of Tigers' winning season was built around their dominance in the maul
Risk averse are very much the Borthwick bywords.

Forgive the soccer parlance, but he reminds me of one of the "safe pair of hands" managers that you get in to avoid relegation. No frills, four-four-*******-two hoofball merchants that will get you out of trouble by making you hard to score against but not much else.

Trouble with them is they're so used to having a certain type of player that when they have access to better players with more to their game, they have no idea how to utilise them.

Surprisingly good at 15,
I had concerns as on the wing he looked fast but not particularly nuanced but he's taken to it very well
Just looked and was surprised to see he's still only 24. Feels like he's been around for a while now.

Have always liked him though. Absolutely rapid and deceptively strong.

Big brain move at the death from Saints,
Chasing the try BP and kick through with no chasers so Irish can just kick dead

Irish in fine form atm - could be a dark horse in the playoffs, bit like Bristol the other year where they'll go out there throw caution to the wind and try and get as many tries as possible and see what happens

Play heads up rugby, so much more excitement.

Wish England could play like that.
They probably could if they played Saints every week. Defence has leaked over 100 points more than everyone else at something like 32 points per game. Scored more tries than anyone else and conceded more than anyone else for a net try difference of -13.

Pearson's going to give Borthwick a big headache. Arundell won't make that mistake again.

I've been beating the Loader drum for a while

Imo Watsons natural successor
Yeah I can see that

Always thought he was the weakest of the three LI youngsters (Loader, Parton, OHC) but OHC...I dunno, I'm a big fan, and he definitely has some big games but then he also goes missing a lot (Irish rampant at times today but I barely noticed him) and Parton plagued by injury
Loader progressing nicely, especially as a fullback

They probably could if they played Saints every week. Defence has leaked over 100 points more than everyone else at something like 32 points per game. Scored more tries than anyone else and conceded more than anyone else for a net try difference of -13.

Pearson's going to give Borthwick a big headache. Arundell won't make that mistake again.
Person is an absolute work horse who happens to big a good carrier too and physical defender.

How did Arundell go? Apart from his mistake.

What does it say about the league that the team in 3rd has leaked 100 more points and anyone else.

Latest posts