• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Premiership Rugby 23/24 - Rd 8

If Hill had any aspirations of playing for England again irs gone woth this game in front of SB.

England could have a dilemma.. Lawrence v Joseph for the 13 spot.

Marcus Smith motm. Maybe it's time to just give him the 6n...not at 15.

SB has a lot of young English players putting their hand up.
On that form I can see CCS getting an A game spot...he was athletic, physical AND lineout option. Playing 6 tonight but if he chooses 8...6'4 and with a game style like he has...he could be the long term 8 option.

Sounds like the scrum has gone well but everything else garbage

Something really wrong with our mindset/intensity this season - did we think we could cruise to a final because we made it last year? Was Forshaw the driving force?

Something really wrong with our mindset/intensity this season - did we think we could cruise to a final because we made it last year? Was Forshaw the driving force?
Since the young prop came on even Marler was monstered at the scrum. Young lad looks good and Marler even said in the offfield interview how good he looks to be. Looks powerful in openfield too tbh sort of like Theo Dan.

The young prop did a crazy sidestep the other week when he came on. If he can scrummage like that and do a bit in open play...then suddenly things are looking up for England. Add in Brantingham and Baxter at LH..and that Jubliu looks good the 20 year old quins prop...

Actually there's kids all over the park starting to come through...Next few years could be good.

I wouldn't read into it too much was one of those games where all the 50/50s went Quins way, I don't even mean reffing more the way the ball seemed to bounce in Quins favour almost every time, Sale just couldn't get very much going at all. Quinns did produce some magic but it was the turnovers Quinn's seemed to make at will that shaped the game.

I hope you're right but we barely mustered a whimper vs Exeter too, and even in our wins never look comfortable

I know it won't be a popular opinion, I'm not saying it was Fords fault by any means but Sale rarely seem at their best when he's on IMO, let's not forget how good Sale were last season and Ford was injured for most of it, Warr and the back 3 had a pretty dire game compared to their usual standards.

Yeah, we've definitely played our best rugby with SJ at 13 and RdP at 10 so far

Bristol 51 Gloucester 26, I thought Gloucester would keep it close. :confused: Ugh...

Is Itoje captain today? That would be an interesting development in light of Farrell taking a break.

Yes he was captain.

Disappointed by the result, Saints played very well and took their chances.

Would like to see again the Sarries attack in the first half where it looked like a deliberate knock on, but sometimes you don't get everything going your way. Liked how the lads focused on attacking line outs rather than go for the points.

Also so cold in north London, noticed from pics from a few of the grounds today looking a bit empty.

Really odd results this weekend, especially in terms of score lines, few would have called them.

Latest posts