• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pride Jersey Controversy

It's sad cause hockey was the first American sport to really embrace pride. Players were showing up to pride parade and the you can play project was started by nhl front office members.

Players have voiced their frustration. The player base is split between Eastern European, nordics, and then suburban and rural North Americans. Some players come from areas where lgbt+ acceptance is not popular.

Basically a few stars refused to participate in pride nights and everything fell apart. Lots of players still support "you can play" and pride nights but the league taking away their expression when they had no issue with players backing out of pride nights is going to sting.
This is my first season watching in quite some time. So this is a real shame.

Anywhere I can read which players to especially take a disliking to?

The names got leaked by local reporters during the Pride Nights last year. This article has a list those that got named. The Flyers happened first so our front office got a lot of heat for not scratching Provorov and then Torts defending him.

This is my first season watching in quite some time. So this is a real shame.

Anywhere I can read which players to especially take a disliking to?
Matthew Tkachuk, no real reason than he played for Calgary Flames and now Florida Panthers. As an Oilers fan i hated him than most when at Calgary.

Matthew Tkachuk, no real reason than he played for Calgary Flames and now Florida Panthers. As an Oilers fan i hated him than most when at Calgary.
I see the Staal's were involved but luckily Jordan didn't say anything and is also no longer a Penguin.

Latest posts