• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PRM 2005

U

umosay

Pro Rugby Manager 2005 Announced

lib10927.jpg

The hard hitting, try scoring, goal kicking phenomenon that is Pro Rugby Manager returns to PC CDROM in 2005 bigger than ever before. With over 100 clubs and national teams, lead your squad to victory in national championships, the Super-12, Tri Nations, Six Nations, European Cups and the ultimate prize, the World Cup.

Pro Rugby Manager 2005 features 30 incredibly authentic 3D stadiums and photo realistic players. Manage your players with a whole new training system and search for the future hopes of the game with an improved scouting engine. Shout instructions from the touchline with more conviction than ever with a mass of new offensive moves and suffocating defensive tactics. Pro Rugby Manager 2005 takes everything that made the original game a smash hit to a new level of realism and depth that all rugby fans will relish.

Features

Fully updated rosters for the 2004 – 2005 season

Participate in all the major competitions from the 10 National championships to the Super-12, Tri-Nations, Six Nations, European Cups and The World Cup.

Choose from over 100 Clubs and 50 National teams (France, UK, Italy, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia, and many more).

Authentic Stadiums: Experience more than 30 authentic 3D stadiums, including each of the 12 Zurich premiership teams.

Graphics – New photo-realistic player modelling with accurate player builds. New spectators that change clothes according to weather conditions. Instant replay on tries and drop goals.

In Depth Management: Feel the intense real-life pressures of a manager with key decisions such as the hiring and firing of players to improve the status of your team.

New training system, based on fitness and earning of attribute points. The system takes into account fitness, morale and physical condition of player.

Improved injury management. New injury system with appearance of recurrent injuries and pains that prevent the rugby player from taking part in a match.

More than 400 lines of commentary during matches.

New animations: 400 Motion captured scenes upon entering the stadium and after scores.

Improved interface – easier to read, more links and better ergonomics.

Brand new text mode: View the matches in 2D and text messages.

Take on the world online or challenge your friends and workmates over LAN.

Minimum System Requirements

Pentium III 500Mhz, 128 MB RAM, 16mb graphics card, DirectX 9.0 compatible (Nvidia Geforce or ATI Radeon chipsets), DirectX 9.0 compatible Sound card, Windows 98/2000/ME/XP, 1.2GB free disk space

http://www.digitaljesters.com/index.php?tx...=product&ref=17

Sounds pretty good.
I haven't played the first one because the whole manage side of things haven't really appealed to me. The licencing sounds good though.

The graphics look pretty promising for a management based game:
lib10925.jpg

The first game was good, just a little flawed in places. Looking forward to a new version though.

Haha my comp wont run this i got most of the minimum specs but i reckon it will struggle to run this
<

The only thing I don't have is the right graphics card, as this is the work computer.
I'll have to clear some space on the laptop then.
<

When is it expected to come out?

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Sep 8 2004, 08:33 PM
The only thing I don't have is the right graphics card, as this is the work computer.
I'll have to clear some space on the laptop then.
<

When is it expected to come out?
feb 05

The things that disapointed me was,

*Too Inconsistant scorelines (1st game I won = 91 - 10, after that it lost every match, then drawn 2 games
<
)

* Player Search feature - but alot of players didn't have the real names, so when you searched for a player, it wouldn't find him

* The Layout of the game was too complex

If they could improved on what I mentioned, then it could be a good sequal

When I saw the first game I laughed and saw no way that some budget looking rugby managing game could be good. Is this next one going to be worth buying and will it come close to competing with Championship Manager (aka Football Manager 2005 now.)

Originally posted by gjohn85@Sep 9 2004, 09:59 AM
The things that disapointed me was,

*Too Inconsistant scorelines (1st game I won = 91 - 10, after that it lost every match, then drawn 2 games
<
)

* Player Search feature - but alot of players didn't have the real names, so when you searched for a player, it wouldn't find him

* The Layout of the game was too complex

If they could improved on what I mentioned, then it could be a good sequal
Did ya patch it? because that should have fixed the names up. I must say the layout is a bit difficult , although it was my second management game after international cricket captain 2002 so i dont have a lot of experience with them. The next game should be good. Theyve got some fans doing some extensive testing so there should be a lot less bugs on release.

The good thing about it is that it will have online multiplayer (well the last one did aswell but anyway), I hope this time there is a little bit more input from the player though.

Originally posted by Serge@Sep 10 2004, 11:31 AM
Did ya patch it? because that should have fixed the names up.
Geez...it didn't think about patching it
<

Oh well, I might give it another go, 'patched' this time & see if that helps!
<

Originally posted by gjohn85+Sep 10 2004, 09:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85 @ Sep 10 2004, 09:52 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Serge
@Sep 10 2004, 11:31 AM
Did ya patch it? because that should have fixed the names up.
Geez...it didn't think about patching it
<

Oh well, I might give it another go, 'patched' this time & see if that helps!
<
[/b]
Go here:

http://dhost.info/prmworld/databases.html

And download the 'real names database'.

And then copy and paste it to the database folder in PRM and load it when you start the game up.

Digital Jesters should try and get Sports Interactive involved. That would definately give a boost to the stats side of the game.

Latest posts