• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro 12 Semi Finals

I've said this before and I'll say it again, Kevin McLaughlins defence is shockingly poor for a flanker!

C'mon Glasgow. They deserve to win this imo. Playing some superb stuff, just haven't quite been able to finish off a lot of their chances. Leinster are on the ropes.

What was the final penalty for in the scrum? Was it for Collapsing, or for the scrum half going around offside?

Last edited:
Did well to hold out there very scrappy performance overall. Glasgo are a superb team unlucky to not be there.

Thought that was one of the worst defensive performances i've ever seen from Leinster

C'mon Glasgow. They deserve to win this imo. Playing some superb stuff, just haven't quite been able to finish off a lot of their chances. Leinster are on the ropes.

What was the final penalty for in the scrum? Was it for Collapsing, or for the scrum half going around offside?

Should have been a penalty to Glasgow for the collapse. But I couldn't see the referee giving it ... if he wanted to get out of Dublin alive.

Ref was really guessing what was happing in the scrum after a certain point awarding penalties both ways randomly.

Ref was really guessing what was happing in the scrum after a certain point awarding penalties both ways randomly.

Yup agree. Looked like he bottled it with the final scrum and didn't ref the collapse at all. I think the penalty he gave was for Pyrgos venturing offside, and if I'm right that's a really cowardly decision from the ref on the final play. I know chances were that Leinster would win the ball and finish the game, but not even giving Glasgow an opportunity to pressurise the Leinster scrum is a little sucky.

He wasn't bad in other aspects of the game though to be fair. Maybe one of two forward passes missed, and one or two given incorrectly, but when Glasgow throw offloads 10 times every phase, that's to be expected.

Can't believe Glasgow missed the conversion which would have drawn the game. It wasn't a difficult one by any means, who took the kick?

It was a great game of rugby, thoroughly enjoyed it. Glasgow really do play a great brand of attacking rugby, and it almost paid off. I thought they may have struggled once reaching the play-offs, but they proved me wrong, and I will look forward to watching them next season.

Hogg took the kick but it was into a serious wind so him missing it dosen't surprise me and on the last scrum I believe the penalty was for scrum-half offside despite the fronts rows being down should have at least been a reset.

Hogg took the kick but it was into a serious wind so him missing it dosen't surprise me and on the last scrum I believe the penalty was for scrum-half offside despite the fronts rows being down should have at least been a reset.

Hadn't realised the wind was quite that bad, although it does explain some of the clearance kicks from both sides in that second half.

Yeah thought that was the case with the final scrum. The front rows were down for a lengthy amount of time and the ref just let it go. I understand ref's doing that in any other period of a game, but with it being the only opportunity for Glasgow to re-gain possession to push for a win, just ignoring it leaves a slightly sour taste in my mouth.

It should really be an Ulster v Glasgow final but I won't complain. Glasgow were the better team and should have won by 7-10 points. Gregor Townsend is doing a fantastic job there.

Ticketing for the final is being split 50:50 between the two sets of fans. I think Leinster will sneak it in the final game for Schmidt, Sexton, Nacewa and Conway.

Feel sorry for Glasgow, the ground the made through the contact area was superb. A Glasgow V Ulster final would have been more fitting given the performances of both teams throughout the season.

Having said that, this is knock out rugby and the only objective is winning.

Some people on twitter are talking about a possible citing for Healy. Did anyone see what happened? I was watching the match but must have missed it.

Some people on twitter are talking about a possible citing for Healy. Did anyone see what happened? I was watching the match but must have missed it.

Was it the repeated punching in a ruck? I thought I saw something, but wasn't 100% sure, and was hoping for a replay, but it didn't come.

Latest posts