• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 Now Out!!

I'd say they've come on a bit, along with the AI in general. One thing I have noticed is that they are capable of having a second grab at a shot after they've gone to ground - eg. if you've chipped them as they dived at your feet they can fling their arms back up to stop it, likewise with deflections. Certainly a nice touch. It does seem harder to score but not sure if that's down to improved defense, keeping or just my unfamiliarity with the game - will keep you posted

Although I was impressed with PE3, PE4 has lost my interest in the Pro Evo series, I'm more of a Fifa fan, with 2006 looking like the best football game ever. I'm more of a simulation gamer not a Arcade gamer, apart from Burnout, I prefer simulation.

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Oct 22 2005, 10:24 PM
Although I was impressed with PE3, PE4 has lost my interest in the Pro Evo series, I'm more of a Fifa fan, with 2006 looking like the best football game ever. I'm more of a simulation gamer not a Arcade gamer, apart from Burnout, I prefer simulation.
I would say PES5 is far more realistic than fifa 06... and I do like fifa 06 so that's not a biased blind statement. Some of the things the AI does in fifa are plain ridiculous, and the ball physics are not a patch on Pro Evo. I admit that PES4 was a bit too slick as I've mentioned earlier, but PES 5 is as real as it gets

I disagree but I respect your opinion.

I haven't played either but I know which one I will be playing first.

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Oct 22 2005, 11:24 AM
Are you kidding?
<

Pro Evo 5 is THE most realistic football game ever released.

FIFA has always been an arcade style football game, but in recent outings have tried to go down the Pro Evo route of realism.

Konami are the football kings, no other game comes close to replicating football on the level they do.

ok - the pes series are the simulation and fifa has always been arcadey - dont let all the licenses decieve you from the fact that fifa has stuped arcadey gimmicks like fixed bannana shots, pes is not arcadey in the slightest, the interface may be, but as for the gameplay it is nothing short of lifelike.

Wow................saints fan its good to see for once i am not alone in this pes/fifa debate.

With all the fuss I will hire out Pes5 asap. Gotta give it a go to see if I like it. However I have just tried out Fifa2006 and I must say it is the best Fifa so far for sure. i love all the little tricks that the players can do to add style to their movements....so flash like those professional players in real life.

If PES5 can't emulate a players trickery and skill with the ball the way Fifa2006 then I may pass on it after playing it for a weekend.

The 4 different speeds for the Fifa player really makes a difference. So much better with ball control. I hope PES5 has something similar to emulate changes in pace.

I get the feeling PES5 may surpass Fifa2006 with graphics. If this is the case o how times have changes.

Unlike PES4 are the camera angles on PES5 adjustable and varied? The broadcast or tele cam on PES4 just was not happening which made me give up on it (had enough of space invader soccer). The Fifa2006 Broadcast cam with zoom at 60% after putting the settings to WIDESCREEN really make this look like a televised match whilst still being very playable. If you dont have a 32" or bigger widescreen then you really dont know what you are missing.

So I will look at PES5 when it comes to NZ and tell you whether I think it takes my liking. Keep in mind that I was an original ISS fan and would mock anyone playing Fifaas if they were mentally deranged.

i've played the demo on ps2 all weekend

this pes is again the greatest

its worth trading in pes4 - the whole movement is even more simulated than ever before

i couldnt win a game on 3 star - in pes4, i could win on 5 star

the old pes challenge is back

Have played the recent FIFA, and yes it has improved a long way recently, but again it still feels "scripted", and the easy goals and "guaranteed" goals are there.......would be an good solid game if there wasn't another, better, football gaming option.

.........hard to explain but it's sometimes the "little" things that make a good game. The way the ball moves in PES, the way players react to the ball/other players, how each player feels remarkably different when you control them (even if 2 players have almost identical stats), goals that feel more earnt then pre decided.........

Originally posted by NZL fan@Oct 24 2005, 11:53 AM
.........hard to explain but it's sometimes the "little" things that make a good game. The way the ball moves in PES, the way players react to the ball/other players, how each player feels remarkably different when you control them (even if 2 players have almost identical stats), goals that feel more earnt then pre decided.........
hard to explain but pes5 telegraphs these little things more than any other pes edition

the balls movement is improved - SOMEHOW, its look more life like, the passing is for more sensitive to how long u hold the button down.

corners and free kicks get approx 10% to 20% more curve than previous pes games - this feels alot more life like.

player movement - when u have the ball u cant turn on a dime, and cut and weave thru the defense - BRILLIANT, now u gotto use ur teammates runs, or use 1-2 passes, and try and create an overlap, or await the man for the thru pass (thru balls now look like TV)

I always thought a good challenge on pes4 was winning the World Cup with England on 5 stars............I did it a fair bit and it was tough.
Beating the AI on anything less than 5 stars was the norm in pes4

Now I have had approx 20games on this pes5 demo
15 on 3 stars
5 on 2 stars
I havent won on 3 stars - only muster up a draw
The only reason i have played 2 stars, so i can feel what its like to win
PES2 was the hardest challenge of them all
PES3 - let the gaurd down, and the AI was too easy
PES4 - introduced a 6th star, but was basically the 5th star from PES3
PES5 - From my take of the demo, will have the hardest AI of them all............I cant win on 3 stars with Real Madrid.................just imagine the default master league gurus in Baroja and Costello, going hammer and tong in 3 stars.....just managing a few draws in the 1st season, its going to be a war of attrition!!!

Oh.........I nearly forgot............the AI..........Theirry bloody Henry...........runs down the flank..........stopped, fakes a cross, then slams this looping bomb from like 5m outside the corner of the box to the far top bin..........my keeper was left watching as this thing boomeranged into the top bin

I have owned pes since black'n'white tv
Now I cant win on 3 stars and see the AI drop Alien like UFO's from koo-wee
can it get any better - look to next gen, coz i doubt it, on these consoles

It's brilliant - but what did we expect!

I did really buy this for the on-line option to be honest.

My one big annoyance though............

No headset compatibility!! - why on earth can't you speak to the person you're playing against on-line? - all you get is some crappy text you can choose from (although you can edit this).

Another thing.......... no leagues or on-line cups. Just 1 v 1 games. Hoping Konomi will sort this. I'm sure they can?

Anyone heard anything about headsets or cup games on-line?

My bro pro evo 5, & I played & its Rubbish!

Stick to Fifa 06.

I felt that pro evo 5 is slow & boring (much like Liverpools attack recently)

I don't know what they have done, but there no fun in the game. At least with fifa, its more fasr paced & enjoyable. Yes, I have now stopped playing on pro evo2, thanks to fifa 06.

Originally posted by gjohn85@Oct 25 2005, 05:10 AM

Stick to Fifa 06.

I don't know what they have done, but there no fun in the game. At least with fifa, its more fasr paced & enjoyable. Yes, I have now stopped playing on pro evo2, thanks to fifa 06.
I have to admit that since I've got used to the one-touch system and learnt how to call in second defenders, Fifa '06 has improved 10 fold.

Plus I thought Pro Evo 4 sucked balls.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Oct 24 2005, 07:29 PM
Plus I thought Pro Evo 4 sucked balls.
Wasn't absolutely perfect, and I now prefer Pro Evo 5, but when it was released, number 4 was head and shoulders above any other football ***le around.

I'd still play it now above any of the FIFA ***les, it just feels so much more realistic than any EA can offer.

Pro Evo 4 was excellent, save some **** poor goalkeeping AI and decision making.

Pro Evo 4 was very good (although slightly too fast), and it's only having played Pro Evo 5 that you spot the small errors in it... because they have all been corrected

PES4 was awesome but the challenge of the AI on 5 star was left to be desired.
You know the AI has issues when u have to revert to a b-grade team for a challenge on the hardest setting - like most rugby games

BUT PES5 is different - its like the old pes - (#'s 1 and 2), coz now I feel that u will need a team of superstars to win on 5 stars.

Played about 6 matches last night on the demo on 3 star, and still havent won a match - all draw and a loss, and i was Real v Valencia

but attacking is alot harder and is brilliant - the game cant get any better and the problem with that is that this demo i have is not the final build, so this friday the real beast will be out of the bag, with more animations, better collision control, and a session at training camp to get my penalty shots back up to todays standard

last night i got zidane hit a rocket from just outside the box, and slammed in the top right bin..............man u shouldve heard the crowd

and i figured out the greatest touch of any game

READ READ
when big players like ronaldo or owen get the ball the crowd cheers, as their favourite player is about to do something good - kinda like when minichello with roosters, bowen for cowboys or with rockocko for the AB's, as the crowd knows something special could very well happen - AND IT DID AS ZIDANE GOT THE BALL THE CROWD ROARED, AND THEN DOUBLE ROARD WHEN I BACKED UP AND SLAMMED IN THE ROCKET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - i thought i was at montevideo and recoba just scored - my room went into virtual stadium - and i cant change the audio settings yet - OH MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
<

Originally posted by gjohn85@Oct 25 2005, 05:10 AM

Stick to Fifa 06.

All new PES games need more than a "session" to show their true class to some players.....................however if a quick to learn/play, end to end
unrealistic romp is all you crave then FIFA 06 is your game.........

Latest posts