• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 Now Out!!

Well............... "and then there were four"

Saintsfan24/7, Gay-Guy, gjohn85, Teh Mite.

I know this is unfair of me to say this because I have not yet sampled PES5 yet but............................

............I have been going to bed dreaming about my experience last wekend with Fifa2006.
<

I really hope PES5 is all that people are talking about and better than Fifa2006. Because if it is then I will be in heaven. That is because Fifa2006 (and I am a union/league gamer) is the first game since Jonah Lomu Rugby and Goldeneye (yes I just said that) that hass had my mouth watering over after I have taken it back to the video store. All I can think about now is going back to hire it again except that I am clean broke. I am gonna get component fittings for my PS2 (when I get a job) and get a ps2 ethernet cable to play Fifa2006 online.........that is how good this game is. Therefore if PES5 is better as people are saying then I will be having orgasms playing it.................as I honestly cannot see a better Soccer game at the moment than Fifa2006.

Teh Mite............one touch is good indeed while calling in a second player is old news on most footie games but what you really need to try is the R2 button (player pace control). This honestly is THE most significant development in Fifa2006!. Honestly this slowing the pace down and checking options button has totally made Fifa2006 a very realistic game with player dynamics, especially when you mix up this button with the analogue sticks....there are so many little skill moves that ACTUALLY work in both ai and human games! The main thing you will notice is that know you have more TIME to make a decision, even if you are playing a human who rushes you hardcore with both himself and an AI. Give it a go Teh and you will fall in love with the game seriously. You can finally bring out the little flair things in every player.......the difference between junior schoolboy footie and International level..........this is very apparent when 2 human players play as you can tell immediately whether someone is good because they will be doing all the fine touches that pro layers do everytime they get the ball.....while the other human will just be passing and turboing/jogging.

Well I also hope that PES5 has improved on their camera angles (like I really HOPE so!). This too is a very important thing that I take into consideration when choosing a sports game. I was very disappointed with PES4 and its camera angles as Fifa2004, 2005, 2006 had great angles.....(can't say much about the earlier Fifa versions as I wrote them off during the '90s while playing the PES series). I hope they have fixed this problem in PES5 as we all know (remember the camera angles debates on every rugby game and sjrl as well?) that cameras in a sports game are very important.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Oct 25 2005, 05:22 PM
Well............... "and then there were four"

*Ahem*
<

-------

I haven't played Pro Evo 5 either, but am regularly playing Fifa 06, and it is great. There are quite a few issues though, but what game doesn't have them.

I'm loving the manager mode as well, but it is staring to get a tad tedious after a while. Might change team at the end of this season, Blackburn are now too good
<

...As are the somewhere or rather Young Boys.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Oct 25 2005, 05:31 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Oct 25 2005, 05:31 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@Oct 25 2005, 05:22 PM
Well...............  "and then there were four"

*Ahem*
<

-------

I haven't played Pro Evo 5 either, but am regularly playing Fifa 06, and it is great. There are quite a few issues though, but what game doesn't have them.

I'm loving the manager mode as well, but it is staring to get a tad tedious after a while. Might change team at the end of this season, Blackburn are now too good
<

...As are the somewhere or rather Young Boys. [/b]
<
<

Ok I'll put you in..........

.and then there were five "Saintsfan24/7, Gay-Guy, gjohn85, Teh Mite, Kaftka"

You sound like a fanatic Kaf...................Have you played a human yet?
People I played on Fifa2006 were seriously getting stumped with all my little trickery things a player can do.....more so than the ai does.

Are you gonna hire out PES5 in the next fortnight?

I am unsure of what angles you are after in PES5 GG, but from what I saw in the dmeo options there are angles i have never seen before

Granted I only play on default wide-cam and adjust the panning/angle as the play goes downfield, i like it panning more so than default

I saw 3 options of telecast camera, which i havent seen before - remember i am so hooked up in the gameplay i never think to change things

If someone with more knowledge can confirm for GG if the new PES has more camera angles.

U got me thinking GG, as i am part of the religous backing of JLR and 007, ..........maybe i gotto play FIFA06, coz from what i saw, I cannot comprehend your thoughts, yet when u mention JLR and 007 in the same sentence.....that is credibility!!

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Oct 25 2005, 05:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 25 2005, 05:46 PM)</div>
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Oct 25 2005, 05:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
Well...............  "and then there were four"

*Ahem*
<

-------

<

<
<

People I played on Fifa2006 were seriously getting stumped with all my little trickery things a player can do.....more so than the ai does.

Are you gonna hire out PES5 in the next fortnight? [/b]
Yeah I have, and it's class. All sports games are better multiplayer, but I haven't played too much to be honest. One friend who I cannot beat, and one little brother who I cannot beat by less than 5 goals.

Originally posted by ak47@Oct 25 2005, 05:46 PM
I am unsure of what angles you are after in PES5 GG, but from what I saw in the dmeo options there are angles i have never seen before

Granted I only play on default wide-cam and adjust the panning/angle as the play goes downfield, i like it panning more so than default

I saw 3 options of telecast camera, which i havent seen before - remember i am so hooked up in the gameplay i never think to change things

If someone with more knowledge can confirm for GG if the new PES has more camera angles.

U got me thinking GG, as i am part of the religous backing of JLR and 007, ..........maybe i gotto play FIFA06, coz from what i saw, I cannot comprehend your thoughts, yet when u mention JLR and 007 in the same sentence.....that is credibility!!
Man..i am gettin orgasms just reading this...................

Wow..it very much sounds like you may be playing the camera angles I like on the PES5 game.

Can't wait to give it a go as I trust most of the members thoughts with soccer games. If you guys say Fifa2006 suck and that PES5 leaves it behind then I will wet myself as I honestly have found Fifa2006 stimulating my old bones into an excitement that I have not felt for a game for a long time...............and that is considering that I do not get excited over games the way I used to.............(its an old thing)

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Oct 25 2005, 06:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ Oct 25 2005, 06:06 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Oct 25 2005, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Oct 25 2005, 05:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
Well...............   "and then there were four"

*Ahem*
<

-------

<

<
<

Are you gonna hire out PES5 in the next fortnight?
Yeah I have, and it's class. All sports games are better multiplayer, but I haven't played too much to be honest. One friend who I cannot beat, and one little brother who I cannot beat by less than 5 goals. [/b]
Yeah I loved playing a person on Fifa2006 but funny thing is I liked playing the ai on Fifa2006 as well! Now that is unusual for me to actually not mind playing the computer. Do you do all the little skill tricks you can now do on Fifa2006 when playing against someone? Far out I was caught up in just holding possession forever and doing those showoff things than actually scoring goals
<
..I really started to **** people off as the game really brings out the showboating
<
. After a while in fact................thats all I was doing!
<
<
<
I can't even jog normally from a to b without doing a step over or a fancy ball control thing!
<
<
Even when I am standing still (and this is the coolest) I am doing little jinks and feints and fake passes
<
my mates were cooking seriously trying to figure out where I was going!
<
The best thing about it is that the system created to bring out the skill moves is the best system I have come across with skill moves in ANY sports game (including...yes....madden and nba). And it was so cool that the 2 analogues, turbo, and pace buttons worked either alone or in combination to bring out more and more skills. I don't think I had "discoverd" when I returned the game all the skill moves yet.
<

Can't wait to go online and showboat all around the world! Pity that it seems that the PES5 online setup looks a bit shady.......however it is only early days with PES5.

just online

personally i still havn't experienced a pes game yet. played fifa alot in the weekend at my mates place. 2 on 2 on the projector it was wicked. All games were close. Out of the four of us i am the only hardcore sports gamer but the others picked it up easily. We used to play 2005 alot but none of them had played 2006 b4 this night and they all enjoyed it. i don't think any of them have played the pes series at all.

though after about an hour we got bored and put on rpic then they all sucked at that so we changed to 4 player halo2 that was fun
<

Originally posted by ak47@Oct 25 2005, 05:46 PM

I haven't noticed any new camera angles in the demo, the broadcasting views were all in PES4, and as far as I can see they're all the same as their previous version counterparts.

Originally posted by ak47@Oct 26 2005, 11:29 AM
http://www.gpstore.co.nz/News/Archive/2316.html

you boys @ ENZED - you lucky ********!!!!!!!!!

p.s is GPstore got physical outlets or is it online only
If I remember correctly I think I saw one in Mt Eden....................

I better start dropping the hints to the local video store "Have you got PES5? Man that is the game everyone wants to hire!"
<
<

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Oct 26 2005, 03:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 26 2005, 03:52 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Oct 26 2005, 11:29 AM

I better start dropping the hints to the local video store "Have you got PES5? Man that is the game everyone wants to hire!"
<
<
[/b]
<

My version is about to hit the projector screen (fresh from gp store pick-up).....they also have league for november 11......if this turns out to be untrue again, I will burn HEs studios and sidhe to the ground.
<

PES5 looks the goods.....ah what a month...

don't even get me started on CCC (out on the 28th)...I can't even say what it is, I mustn't miss my copy....
<

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Oct 26 2005, 02:52 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Oct 26 2005, 02:52 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47

<
<
[/b]
seriously man 9/10 video stores have 10 copies of FIFA and TIF2003, and ZERO PES games

I have pondered the thought, establishing a franchise purely renting games on xbox and ps2

With each generation of consoles, and the mass increase of users year in year out, i dont see why it would not work in the future

small shop
heaps of games
cost $60-$100 each
only 10-20 rentals, and ur making $$$]

even if EB maybe did it.....have rental copies.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Oct 26 2005, 03:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Oct 26 2005, 03:09 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Oct 26 2005, 03:52 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47

<
<
<

My version is about to hit the projector screen (fresh from gp store pick-up).....they also have league for november 11......if this turns out to be untrue again, I will burn HEs studios and sidhe to the ground.
<

don't even get me started on CCC (out on the 28th)...I can't even say what it is, I mustn't miss my copy....
<
[/b]
ok LOS

as it stands in oz, we wont be seeing any light till friday...u lucky kiwis

i am holding you too a review
<

components, projector, pes5 - roll out the goodies!!!

Originally posted by ak47+Oct 26 2005, 04:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Oct 26 2005, 04:26 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Los Lover@Oct 26 2005, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Oct 26 2005, 03:52 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47

<
<

<

<

<
ok LOS

as it stands in oz, we wont be seeing any light till friday...u lucky kiwis

i am holding you too a review
<

components, projector, pes5 - roll out the goodies!!! [/b]
Will I need to change all the names etc?

Originally posted by ak47@Oct 26 2005, 11:29 AM

Thanks Ak, just ordered online just this minute!!

There is always the FIFA vrs PES debate around this time of year, however this time FIFA has improved a lot...............

....as i mentioned it really depends what you are after in a footy game........

FIFA: Easy to "pick up and play", average depth (does wear a bit thin after a while, especially after scoring the same way for the hundreth time), excellent visually, all the "bells and whistles (ie. licenses), not overly challaging/rewarding (ie. able to easily do multiple "tricks" etc), plays quicker than real life and usually provides more goals then real life - more arcade.

PES: Hard to pick up and play well for most users, excellent depth (you'll see something you've never seen before a year after playing it), getting more licenses but requires a lot of editing to make more "official", very challenging/rewarding - goals feel like they are "earnt", plays like real life and quite often games will end up as hard earned, low scoring draws (however still somehow satisfying) - closer to a simulation.

here's a copy of an email between our PES gang, that I sent his morning...John is my mate, ans we play this puppy to the death...it was Johns 1st taste of PES5 (albiet a demo)

Well some concerning developments for john occurred in PES5 last night

v Kulch (ak47) - Was a great tussle, going for 80 mins with only 6 shots on goal the whole match until Kulch unleashes at a very tight angle and sneaks one past the keeper, and hold onto a hard earned vicotry 1-0

Now its time for John v AI

John v AI - match was going back and fourth, with both sides looking dangerous, especially as john was unlucky a few times not to slot a boomer into the net.
in the 77th minute the AI has a penalty kick from 35m.................BOOM BOOM BOOMERANG.....................GOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, THE AI SHOOTS ONE OFF AROUND THE WALL, AND BENDS IT BACK, SNEAKING PAST THE KEEPER, JUST BY THE POST, AN SLOTS A 35M ROCKET FROM A PENALTY.

NOW JOHN U HAVE FELT THE WRATH OF THE NEW ELEMENTS/PHYSICS OF THE PRO EVO BOOM BOOM BOOMERANG

THATS NOW 2 GOALS FROM THE AI I HAVE SEEN LONGER THAN 30M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEND IT LIKE KONAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U should have seen Johns face when the AI did that.....
<

The penalties in the this game are 100 times better - the ball moves better, it swings more, and u can pop that miracle boomer from anywhere on the park
<

Originally posted by Los Lover@Oct 26 2005, 03:09 PM
<

<
Los unless gp store have some really good info then you will be unhappy as nov 11 is not looking likely. Mid-november -early December seems to be the date most are picking for rugby league 2.

pes5 by all accounts etc seems to be the soccer game to get this year. the ai seems to really have picked up going by what ak 47 has been saying

Originally posted by ak47@Oct 26 2005, 06:14 PM
here's a copy of an email between our PES gang, that I sent his morning...John is my mate, ans we play this puppy to the death...it was Johns 1st taste of PES5 (albiet a demo)

Well some concerning developments for john occurred in PES5 last night

v Kulch (ak47) - Was a great tussle, going for 80 mins with only 6 shots on goal the whole match until Kulch unleashes at a very tight angle and sneaks one past the keeper, and hold onto a hard earned vicotry 1-0

Now its time for John v AI

John v AI - match was going back and fourth, with both sides looking dangerous, especially as john was unlucky a few times not to slot a boomer into the net.
in the 77th minute the AI has a penalty kick from 35m.................BOOM BOOM BOOMERANG.....................GOAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL, THE AI SHOOTS ONE OFF AROUND THE WALL, AND BENDS IT BACK, SNEAKING PAST THE KEEPER, JUST BY THE POST, AN SLOTS A 35M ROCKET FROM A PENALTY.

NOW JOHN U HAVE FELT THE WRATH OF THE NEW ELEMENTS/PHYSICS OF THE PRO EVO BOOM BOOM BOOMERANG

THATS NOW 2 GOALS FROM THE AI I HAVE SEEN LONGER THAN 30M!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEND IT LIKE KONAMI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U should have seen Johns face when the AI did that.....
<

The penalties in the this game are 100 times better - the ball moves better, it swings more, and u can pop that miracle boomer from anywhere on the park
<
You mean free kicks?

<

Latest posts