• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 Now Out!!

Originally posted by ak47+Oct 31 2005, 12:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Oct 31 2005, 12:16 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NZL fan
@Oct 30 2005, 08:38 AM
- now I play of standard "broadcast" camera.
Fill me in NZL of this camera

on the demo i found my passes to the phantom map dot, would rarely find the mark

I use the default camera, but changed the panning angle to #2

how does the broadcast benefit this situation? [/b]
It just means that you are not too far away (ie. wide view), or too close (detrimental to passing in this version)......it moves across with the action from a slightly elevated outlook, maybe with just over a quarter of the field able to be viewed at any one time.........Broadcast 1 I think, the other 2 x Broadcast views "zoom in" giving severe belts of dizziness and on field frustration.........

Makes finding those "runners" so much easier for thru balls, and crisp, accurate passing a whole lot more likely........

Game set match PES5. When my Playstation 2 problem is fixed, I will be getting this for sure.

Someone should really make a rugby game using the basic game engine of pro evo

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Oct 31 2005, 09:33 PM
Game set match PES5. When my Playstation 2 problem is fixed, I will be getting this for sure.
Keep you recept of PES5, just incase you come to your senses!
<
(dig at PES5)

Originally posted by Sarries_fan@Oct 31 2005, 01:37 PM
Much easier said than done.

Originally posted by gjohn85+Nov 1 2005, 03:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gjohn85 @ Nov 1 2005, 03:02 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Oct 31 2005, 09:33 PM
Keep you recept of PES5, just incase you come to your senses!
<
(dig at PES5) [/b]
Once again then...........

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928...lution%20soccer

Pro evolution soccer 5: Media review average = 92%, user review average = 88%

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/927...p?q=fifa%202006

Fifa 06: Media review average = 80%, user review average = 66%

In gaming terms that is actually quite an ass kicking............

Unfortunately many people who slate FIFA are PES fanboys, whop will say anything to big up 'their game' and vice versa. Much the same as the the Xbox and PS2 fanboys.

Both games have their own merits and shortcomings (waits for a fanboy comment) and the profesionals reviews should be better respected than avaerage user ratings.

Personally, I prefer FIFA whereas other people prefer PES, that doesn't mean either is 'shite' like some people are starting to say. If you want a shite football game, you look to TIF.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Nov 1 2005, 08:33 AM
Unfortunately many people who slate FIFA are PES fanboys, whop will say anything to big up 'their game' and vice versa. Much the same as the the Xbox and PS2 fanboys.

Both games have their own merits and shortcomings (waits for a fanboy comment) and the profesionals reviews should be better respected than avaerage user ratings.

Personally, I prefer FIFA whereas other people prefer PES, that doesn't mean either is 'shite' like some people are starting to say. If you want a shite football game, you look to TIF.
No ones saying FIFA 06 is total ********, in fact most (including myself) are saying it is a huge step up from previous versions and highly playable.............just pointing out that in terms of football realism and long term playability it isn't a patch on PES5.

The FIFA series has as many "fanboys", if not more, then the PES series. In my experiences FIFA fanboys tend to be generalized as more interested in licenses/visuals over gameplay, and prefer a game with easier access to special individual player moves and goals (hence those old 15-10 scorelines in previous FIFA versions that used to bore the **** out of me)...........

FIFA 06 isn't "shite", but it isn't as addictive/realistic/intelligent as PES 5, and perhaps with the resources/money/time EA sports spent creating the game it should/could be a hell of a lot better.........
<

Defending in a FIFA game??? (whats that??
<
)

Just extremely easy to attack, and many "hot spots" for undefendable goals.........

Touchee!! It's true, the hotspots were a pain in the arse, but FIFA games havn't had them for a few years now.

had a go at the broadcast veiw NZL

its doesnt do much for me (just my opinion).........was liking it for a little while but shooting on goal became hard coz of the lower angle on the horizontal.

the game looks better at that angle as it feels like TV...but i had troubleshooting problems (pun intended)

anyways i still dont have this game.....only the demo

i now have 3 free kicks slotted from a distance.........last night Henry from 28m out, curved and dipped over some mini chelsea defender (looks like mugsy bogues he is so short) on the wall, and hit the upright and cross bar (where they meet), and then ricochet off the keeper back into the net...........crowd went nuts.....man the atmosphere is electric.

lovin the free kicks......seems more room for error, as the curve and dip, is more potent, thus you can initially spray a kick, but correct its limits, and sometimes with a good kicker, the correction proves enough!!!!!!

beckham bends it like no other.........had a kick and aimed way outside the posts, bent it back to kingdom kum, and the keeper took a regulatory catch on his chest.........it would have curved nearly 5-10m.
<
<

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Nov 1 2005, 10:41 AM
Touchee!! It's true, the hotspots were a pain in the arse, but FIFA games havn't had them for a few years now.
Was a little while ago now..........
<

Ak: Free kicks are now far more realistic, players with good free kick ability really go close (if not in) more times than not........and why havn't you got this game yet?? - a little unlike you.........

........as for crowd chants, played with Argentina against Brazil and loved the huge "Argentina, Argentina" chants that lasted throughout the whole game
<

Originally posted by NZL fan@Nov 1 2005, 01:10 PM
and why havn't you got this game yet?? - a little unlike you.........
coz their some industrial striking going on around the docks!!!
<

bloody bludgers
<

was going to order from dvdcrave, but EB have my paid in full pre-order, and didnt want to subject myself to the market with 2 orders...even tho i can cancel @ EB, i weighed up my options

on annual leave in 2 weeks, so the later it comes the fresher the game will be to play in my annual leave.

either today or tomorrow its meant to arrive...........melbourne cup today, so i am getting ****** in the arvo...........

although, from now on i am never getting EB games...........my orders will be imported from the UK, coz our retail and distribution in australia is so lame!!!
<

Originally posted by Sarries_fan@Nov 1 2005, 02:37 AM
Dear God No.

Whats this facsicnation with using Soccer Engines for Rugby Games?

NCAA if anything would be the best Engine to use, like Kafkta said elsewhere, it already has the running with ball in hand sorted out (as well breaking tackles), proper tackles (none of this sliding at the knees like pussy tripe), Goal Kicking and Punting (Just needs a little modification so it can be done in general play), and Passing (The Lateral/Option Offence).

YES YES YES

PRO EVOS HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVIN IT!!!!!!!!!!

PES5 - GODS GIFT TO GAMING!!!!!!!!!!!

CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call me LEVI...............I am finishing work @ 501...........no later
<

GOD CAME, SAW, TOLD AND CONQUERED, AND GAVE ME A GIFT, THAT ONLY GOD CAN GIVE
<
<
<

Originally posted by ak47@Nov 2 2005, 02:05 PM
YES YES YES

LOVIN IT!!!!!!!!!!

<

<
<
<
You will enjoy my friend..............in attack just keep your finger off the R1 button 90% of the time and you will conquer all..............

Originally posted by NZL fan+Nov 2 2005, 02:21 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NZL fan @ Nov 2 2005, 02:21 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Nov 2 2005, 02:05 PM
YES YES YES

LOVIN IT!!!!!!!!!!

<

<

<

<
You will enjoy my friend..............in attack just keep your finger off the R1 button 90% of the time and you will conquer all.............. [/b]
on the demo i played 4 games on 4 star

1st game i was 1-0 - till the 88th minute, then henry dropped a bomb from 25m+ = 1-1
2nd game - i was punished 3-0
3rd game - 1-1 draw, after a comeback from 1-0 down
4th game - finally got my 1st 4 star victory....header from Owen, and held them out for 70mins whilst leading.

GOD ITS GOOD
<

ok i think i am the master on this game

six stars i was spurs and beat man utd 5-1

in a ten minute match

Originally posted by loratadine@Nov 2 2005, 07:47 PM
ok i think i am the master on this game

six stars i was spurs and beat man utd 5-1

in a ten minute match
You're not the master until you start beating people online. That's where the biggest challenge lies...

Latest posts