• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro Evolution Soccer 5 Now Out!!

I agree, but what I like about it is that it really does reward skillful play and practice - a skillful player could make you look very poor indeed. It is probably the game that I have come back to the most, despite having bought a few others since. Just a shame Japan didn't get the RWC or Konami might have turned their attention to rugby...

What I like about it is that you have to work very, very hard for every single goal.

i find it hard to enjoy the game against Computer opposition. Multi player it's excellent.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jan 17 2006, 04:55 AM
What I like about it is that you have to work very, very hard for every single goal.
Once you crack it though you can play sublime footy that no other footy game can match..........

Remember HOLDING/CONTROLLING POSSESSION IS EVERYTHING in this version.

1. Holding back a little more on defense (don't rush in with the X button as you will concede lots of fouls), not getting out of field position (ie. keep your defensive shape) and looking for loose balls to intercept. Generally in defense its about picking the right moment to tackle, and the right moment to just shadow your opponent. Bigger defenders can quite often just push your opponent off the ball with no buttons pushed.

2. On attack - holding the ball up more/turning your back on the opposition, especially with the better teams, a supporting player WILL eventually run into a passable position.

3. Vary your play more then previous PES versions. Having trouble busting the midfield? - go down the wing - remember that the "long ball" is far more effective in this version as well, thus a real option if you are struggling to break the opposition down.

4. Can't just "ping" the ball around in this version - more often then not you will turn over possession. Make sure passes are directed properly (slow down and face the person you are passing to) with correct amount of weight (perfect holding down of the relevant button).
Take your finger off the R1 button just prior to passing/shooting for much better results

5. Vary your running speed more (R1 to R2 and vice versa), and run more often then not without using the R1/R2 buttons at all..............

Hope these help somewhat.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Jan 17 2006, 04:11 AM
It sometimes gets very, very frustrating!
I'm sad to say i broke two controllers in one afternoon playing this game on-line.

My temper really got the better of me...........twice
<

Originally posted by bman2112+Jan 18 2006, 12:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bman2112 @ Jan 18 2006, 12:32 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Jan 17 2006, 04:11 AM
It sometimes gets very, very frustrating!
I'm sad to say i broke two controllers in one afternoon playing this game on-line.

My temper really got the better of me...........twice
<
[/b]
<
I'm not on Xbox Live... but nearly broke 2 of my mates last night...

dudes, I've created a player in PES 5 with awesome stats, named Wendell Sailor. When I see him available in Master League Mode, he's a different age and his stats aren't that good, yet he's very expensive. Can anyone explain this?

Originally posted by TheDell@Jan 24 2006, 01:11 PM
dudes, I've created a player in PES 5 with awesome stats, named Wendell Sailor. When I see him available in Master League Mode, he's a different age and his stats aren't that good, yet he's very expensive. Can anyone explain this?
Dell

Do what i did, look up the thread with hypnotised advice

I got it working.

I think in ur case u gotto make him 17, 18 or 19 yrs of age, in the create-a-player menu, and u get his proper stats in master league

i think if u make him 30 in create-a-player, he wont max out on those stats until he is 30 in master league

making him young in create-a-player menu, means when he debuts in ML, he debuts with those young stats

thanks for that.

Oh and kaftka, I've just realised the unintentional humour of my post. ROTFL

Originally posted by TheDell@Jan 24 2006, 02:28 PM
thanks for that.

Oh and kaftka, I've just realised the unintentional humour of my post. ROTFL
granted its from 2005

he's much better in sky blue, and we all know that...just look at Lote n Rogers

never played better, than in a NSW jumper
<

Latest posts