• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro Rugby Manager 15

i was thinking about waiting until i see the reviews but i don't know if i can

took the plunge.

early days but i don't like the fact they have Duncan Weir rated 5 stars :eek:

Oh my god who's downloaded it? Is it any good??? I have no broadband and must wait.

Last edited:
Knowing that it was likely that at some point I'd want to play it for about an hour then remember I don't really like games anymore, I paid £22.50 just before go live, rather than waiting for reviews as planned. Now mid-download and already slightly dreading it! Not a dream start but I'll try to post some initial impressions. I'm hoping the lack of anyone commenting 56 minutes since it became available means they are too engrossed to types...! Like Ruckyou said, lack of international and southern hemisphere might make dream team building a bit depressing!

edit: anyone know how to edit a signature? I should probably point out my old one was written in 2005 or whenever PRM 1 and 2 came out! Unless they are still using those kits and that db....

Last edited:
i haven't really got into it yet but some of the ratings and player positions are bit off, that's just at Glasgow though so i can't speak for anywhere else

Some players attributes don't really make sense, Brad Barritt has 88 pace :huh: Also you have wierd messages from players, so far Hayden Smith is going through divorce and Goode had his car stolen :lol:

the southern hemisphere players and teams are in the game but the names are not real

Pierre Spys (spies) plays for pretoria 15 but his attributes are shockingly bad

Enjoying the game, wish there was a way to add players faces and of course a way of editing stats.

However this game is very enjoyable in the first 30 mins I have played.

Last edited:
pretty much went a whole year signing players etc then the game crashed on me without saving it.... pretty enjoyable though. its the same as other PRM's unlicenced players, names r just slightly tweekd.

Initial thoughts:

Music very annoying. Off.

Select Bath, budget is one of the lowest in the Prem. Bruce Craig must have left!

All scouts at each level are the same price. No chance for finding a gem!

Sam Burgess is a Lock. Scrum, Will, and Tackling only stats above 70 (upto 73), everything else well below. Bath have wasted £1,500,000 there it would seem!

I decided to try a transfer. Offer Fofana a 2 year contract for £2,000 more than he currently earns. He signed, great! 'The transfer fee is £1,897,800.' ... that hadn't been mentioned previously!? Oh wait, in value, but no chance to confirm. Ok, I'll be in debt shortly. It'll be fine, I have Sam Burgess at Lock! (and Ollie Devoto at Scrum Half).

Searching for players is quite enjoyable. Southern Hem players are there.

A youth player has been offered a contract by another team. I'm not sure if the stats next to his name with + are how much he will gain or has gained. No idea if he's any good. Hover on stat doesn't reveal any more.

All 'facilities' are 3*, I guess every club starts on this?

They have world rankings for (non-clickable) countries, along with played, won, lost etc. Guess that means they are in there?

Other than Fofana (£57k) My highest earning player, Attwood, earns £48,400. Francois Louw earns £24650. He must be gutted. Generally I'm pretty sure these are lower than rugby player earnings!

To the first game! 3d match. Pleasant looking little match engine..

Have to call a move on defensive lineout, not sure why. Call move on attacking scrum, they don't run it..

Tuilagi runs through, a couple of players walk (literally) in his direction.. abit frustrating that it didn't even look like they tried. Atleast convince me he wasn't guaranteed to score when he caught it! Shortly after Mulipola races through my defence from the 22. I score what seems like a great try but tackling was most likely identical to the other two which seemed very dodgy. As I was wondering who ran in this 40m beaut it turned out to be Louw. Fofana then did something similar which felt a bit more likely.

Lost 23-20 to 2 late Youngs penalties, and also got 3 yellow cards to their 0. I really like the match engine and would happily play a game with it (reminds of the old WC95 game on the megadrive!) but I have no idea of the point of my input in the match..ie ran possibly 1 out of 5 moves I suggested. Match ratings seem pretty arbitrary.

Game 2 - 2d match. It retains your playing style from the previous game. This seems to be the identical match engine to a Rugby League management game from the 90s where the ball comes towards the screen when there's a kick. I get another yellow after 14 mins, couldn't say why! Then in an attacking maul Fofana got yellowed. Again, no idea. Both centres in the bin.. dreamy! Fofana stays off for 25 mins as ball doesn't go out. They score another good try through Ashton, 0-17.

First bug - trying to bring Faosiliva on for Houston it says 'the selected player cannot come back on the field'. He's not been on the field. Try to put Fearns on for Houston 'this substitution is not allowed'. It says this for every sub now, except I'm allowed to take a winger off. Not being able to make any subs could make things tricky! Final score 6-20.

Third match, Simulate, jumps to end and lost 22-18. Another 2 yellow cards, for both props. Dave Attwood got a 2.5 so must have really upset someone. Fourth match, simulate, Webber gets a red card for 'unsporting behaviour'. Beat Newcastle 27-21.

You have the option to 'withdraw' from a match. I'm not sure why this would ever be an option unless no players left!

Right, I'm done. I can't imagine I'll play the game again (without a pretty big db update atleast), particularly given lack of personal game playing anymore but I'm happy to support Cyanide in their endeavours based on my youthful involvement with them! Match engine seems good to me, enjoyable to watch, but I just don't really have the patience/ interest any more it seems. Part of my anticipation was playing with good 'club' players etc and selecting an interesting team, the db seems such a long way out that that basic enjoyment can't be had. I hope everyone enjoys the game, it's probably a 6/10 for me, mainly because I don't feel like anything I do will really impact things, similarly with doing different things v different teams.. and don't have the patience, as I said. For people willing to invest some time it could, and I hope will be, good fun.

edit: not sure why I can't remove my signature from 2005 but yeah, I wasn't involved with the latest game in the unlikely event someone calls bias on my underwhelmed review! :D

Last edited:
i can't say i'm impressed, the game just doesn't grab me at all. the whole thing seems a bit bland.

with glasgow the game starts on 23rd june and the first match is not until 6th sept. i couldn't find any way of organising a friendly in the mean time, the only thing you can do is try sign players or upgrade facilities.

at first i noticed player ratings didn't seem very realistic, Duncan Weir on 5 stars is a joke, he'd be lucky to get 3. compared to Rob Harley and Niko Matawalu on 3 stars (with niko's speed at 73) :eek:

also noticed a couple of positions that were wrong. Chris Fusaro as a blindside flanker and DTH as a centre.

i feel as if i have given up already :(

Last edited:
I'm really sorry...I was so looking forward to the game, and now I'm searching like crazy for a working RUM12-Link, because this here is a disappointment. The skin and the gameplay are grey and cold, nothing happens until the first game of the season, except from weird news of dying mothers and sexiest players alive, and then...okay, at least the match engine is kinda okay... I totally know that it is too much zu expect a Rugby-version of FM, but what is so wrong with taking at least the important parts of FM to a Rugby-Manager instead of trying to find another way to a descent management simulation and ending with a, let's say, light version of what it could be.

Hate to compare but RUM12 found the perfect way...don't know why you Cyanide had to try to, as we say in Germany, "das Rad neu erfinden" (invent the wheel for a second time).

Anyway, anybody here, who has the RUM12-installer-.exe for me? :/

Last edited:
The ***le music is recycled. "Welcome to Rugby Pro Manager 2."

That is a terrible first impression.

Edit: London is Londres. This is getting worse.

And 3D rucks look exactly the same. I give up.

Last edited:
3d match engine looks good nothing spectacular. alota neat set plays to run. But I think this game is bugged ive started 2 new careers both crash at a certain date in 2015 is anyone else having this problem? ratings are F'd up. Danny Ciprianni is like 5 stars while "Ben Smeeth" is only 3 ???? not really that impressed

Latest posts