• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro Rugby Manager 15

Glad I didn't pre-order this, now.
Was considering picking it up tomorrow to have a crack at it over the weekend, but these 'reviews' aren't selling it...

The ***le music is recycled. "Welcome to Rugby Pro Manager 2."

That is a terrible first impression.

Edit: London is Londres. This is getting worse.

Now there's a username I've not seen in a while! :D

i can't say i'm impressed, the game just doesn't grab me at all. the whole thing seems a bit bland.

with glasgow the game starts on 23rd june and the first match is not until 6th sept. i couldn't find any way of organising a friendly in the mean time, the only thing you can do is try sign players or upgrade facilities.

at first i noticed player ratings didn't seem very realistic, Duncan Weir on 5 stars is a joke, he'd be lucky to get 3. compared to Rob Harley and Niko Matawalu on 3 stars (with niko's speed at 73) :eek:

also noticed a couple of positions that were wrong. Chris Fusaro as a blindside flanker and DTH as a centre.

i feel as if i have given up already :(

He usually plays at centre for Canada. This could have been a source of confusion for the developers.

Anyways, still going to wait on this as reviews seem mixed from everyone, maybe patching will solve some of these issues.

AHH my game always crashes in april 2015. any solutions on how to fix this ? my computer runs FIFA 14 and NBA2k14 fine, specs shouldn't be a factor.

Glad I didn't pre-order this, now.
Was considering picking it up tomorrow to have a crack at it over the weekend, but these 'reviews' aren't selling it...

Now there's a username I've not seen in a while! :D
Hiya. :) I thought this was worth coming back for. I didn't think PRM2 was a good game, but I really didn't expect this to be the same game.

I'm sorry, Cyanide, if there is anything different in this version, I'm not going to spend my time looking for it.

The way people are talking about this game, the game seems unplayable. Not exactly true. I think some are expecting a FM highly developed game, you are not going to get that. Game is an enjoyable one. Yes some of the stats need altering but it's not a major issue. You are always going to find difference in opinions for stats, Football Manager doesn't always get it right. Not experienced the crashing issue, played to as far as September 2016 in two saves. As I said lot of unfair negativity giving the impression it is unplayable.

Last edited:
Am hearing a few crashing issues though(especially this April 2015 thing), which is disconcerting, hopefully that gets patched up quickly. Glad I didn't preorder but I'm willing to take a look again in a month or so and see if some of the rust has been polished off.

Played my first game as Cardiff, lost 20 - 10 away to Ulster. I just dunno how much influence I had on the game, in fact the try I scored came from my fly half spinning it wide to a winger on my own try line, despite me doing the kick instruction. I'm assuming putting the kick slider to full is that anyway?

I've played 3 games and loved every one of them. Enjoying it thoroughly. Was never expecting anything absolutely stunning, I'm just excited to have a Rugby Manager game with updated rosters!

The only complaint I have is on 3D mode I have no idea what player has the ball. It would be good if their name was highlighted on the side team sheets (like in 2005) or maybe a number or name above their head while they are carrying the ball.

Other than that, loving it.

Still no idea if I'm actually affecting anything in the game or if I'm just terrible and have no idea what I'm doing (which is quite likely) :lol:

Had a go at a "easy" game, and played one off friendly as Toulon against Jersey... didn't quite turn out like that. Won 12 - 9 with a 85th min penalty, and only because Jersey tried to play out of their own 22 after the 80mins were up. Couldn't keep the ball for more than one or two phases, gave away a sh*te ton of penalties, with Jersey missing 4 or 5 attempts plus Castrogiovanni picking up a red in the first half. Ended up with only 42% of possession, and only because I dominated the last 15.
My subs started to get a bit of momentum towards the end, helping tie it up at 9 - 9, but then kept getting the exact same daft play over and over again. Would get a set piece in their half, get a bit of momentum, and just as space opened up out wide, Giteau would try and slot a 30 - 40m DG and fail miserably... Halfpenny would collect the following 22 kick off, and chip it back to their fullback. Happened 3 times in a row, with the exact same play almost.

How high was your kicking slider? I turn mine right down to zero if want to keep the ball in hand, they still clear from their own 22 though.

Playing career with with castres .... 1ste game was a draw with racing metro 6 - 6 ... second a win against rou rugby 23 - 15 and then my third match i trashed bayone 31 - 0 ... the matches is not easy at all and i struggle to score tries most points come from long range penalties ... but i am loving the game not the perfect product by far need alot of polish but its fun ... only problem for me you have no clue who has the ball in 3d match

The game has little ****les and one or two wierd factors. For instance I was 19-13 up and Sale knocked on in the 82nd minute, but the game still went on and Ingall scored a wonder try against me. I do like that you can buy players like Francois Stayn and Wyatt Crockatt. Also make sure you sign a top class kicker as Farrell has cost me games and he is a 86 overall kicker, and Ben Youngs is a penalty machine and can score them from anywhere.

I have dan kirkpatrick and rory kockott as my kickers ... win most of my games with penalties ... struggle to score tries and my line outs sucks !!!

Just started up the game and I'm met with that same annoying haka music they had in the 2005 version. Thought after 10 years they'd compose something new. Anyway hope the game itself is good. Leggo!

edit. Ok so far pretty underwhelming. The game started off well. The interface looked polished and modern, but the 2005 version trumps this one for me. Having just been playing PRM 2005 the last week or so it's clear they have released the same game but with a new database (that isn't even accurate) and a modern look. Although it may be aesthetically pleasing now, I found it so much easier navigating through 2005 and I thought that 2015 would give us better navigation through the menus, such as looking at stats when updating contracts. But they've made it even more difficult. When making selections for your team you can't see the stats in a list so you have to go to the players tab, compare the stats, and then go back to the selections page and choose who you want to start. Unless you're okay with clicking into each player in the selections page, clicking back out, and clicking into another player to make a comparison. I'm also a bit confused by the finances. I'm not quite sure what my budget is as looking at my expenses doesn't equate to the super high budget shown in the bottom right. I'm afraid to buy facilities just in case. 2005 was much easier in that regard. So after the tedious back and forth clicks to make my selections, I began my game, and chose 3D mode. I liked 3D mode in 2005 because I had more control over my team in game, such as clicking who to miss pass to, pass to, tell to kick, BUT low and behold there is nothing like that now. You just have to sit and watch choosing between a forward, backs or balanced orientated game. The 3d engine seems to be the same as well after 10 years. Come on Cyanide. We paid good money (even on discount) for this game and I thought we would be given something improved. This is not an improvement. It looks nicer, but the game play and functionality of the game has gone backwards in my view. If there was an updated database out there for 2005 I'd go back in a heartbeat. Also what stopped me from playing just now wasn't my disappointment but because the game crashed! Cyanide, I appreciate you have released a rugby game when rugby games are so rare, but I am really regretting this purchase. A lot of the game is rehashed, tabs moved around a bit, glossed up, and actually has less game play. Dissapoint :(

Last edited:
Put it in the developers forum.

Game seems about 30-40% complete to me.

First off I think it is a really good start but I have some improvements/suggestions.

1) Can we have more control in game about the style of play we are suggesting the players stick to. Forwards/wings/Centres or balanced seems a bit weak. Not sure if the kick/defence part does much either? Like can you suggest your players play a bit offside or contest hard in ruck's/mauls etc.? Haven't seen any real penalties for offsides. Can you choose to not contest line out's at all etc. when its on your line? Can we practice a style in the week leading up to a game i.e. sliding defence vs rush defence.
2) When you substitute players you can't actually see what the players positions are - you can see for instance that it is a front rower but you can't see if that player can play hooker or tight or loosehead prop? Also it seems quite buggy and doesn't always let you substitute players.
3) Doesn't tell you what penalties are actually given for.
4) Following lineout it doesn't seem to give you the option to keep in forwards and maul it forward. Always seems to fire it straight out to the backs even when choosing forwards
5) Is there nothing about team training/team cohesion. Obviously as a team gets used to playing with each other or in combinations they should get better. I cant really seem to see anything about this?
6) There were a range of sponsorship options with different values but what would ever make you not choose the highest value ones? Doesn't appear to be any implications
7) As a manager do you get approached by other teams to go coach from them? Would be better to be similar to football manager in that you can only really start in a small team and work your way up?
8) Players do not seem to exploit overlaps. At one point i had 5 players lined up in the backline on the openside with no opposition there and i had wings selected and they passed to the blind side to a forward. Bit confusing!
9) Would be good to see something about supporters opinions etc? The post match interview seems very basic?

As i said good start but hopefully a work in progress. Definitely not a complete game..Not sure why they rushed it out?

How high was your kicking slider? I turn mine right down to zero if want to keep the ball in hand, they still clear from their own 22 though.

Was about 1/3 of the way up for the first one, so I turned it right down, and they just carried on doing it. I have a feeling that some players just seem to be coded to kick more. For example I started Anscombe at 10 for Cardiff, and even with the meter right down to zero, he kept trying to chip and chase over the defence.

Cyanide would like to thank the community for the support of Pro Rugby Manager 2015. We are aware that players are encountering some common issues with the game including:

- Game resetting during April 2015 fixtures
- The allocation of points and bonuses when a game is won.
- Redirection to the player sheet of “Tom Crux†when scouting for new talents
- Incorrect Player Positions

We are currently investigating these issues and we will be working hard to issue an update patch over the coming week.

We will communicate again when the patch and fixes are due to go live. In the meantime, please post any feedback you encounter to our Facebook page or to [email protected]

Thanks!

The PRM2015 Team

Being the hypocrite that I am, I've tried to give it a proper go. I think ruggabee and maycenz have it pretty spot on. Would like to add I couldn't work out how sub a player, and then swap that new player into another position.

Last edited: