• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro Rugby Manager 2

V

Vuky

I liked the demo, considering a purchase. Anybody to share their experiences with this game?

Was thinking some time ago of buying myself...........heard it was leaps and bounds better then the first "error/bug ridden" version............

I seem to remember JJ getting/winning a free copy some time ago, and he might be able to comment on how good it is??

Do you play? otherwise, what's the point?

<

a decent game would have you manage and play anyway, yeah?

Yes you do play. You don't control the players, but you do manage them. It's just a different genre of sports gaming.

Originally posted by NZL fan@Aug 19 2005, 03:38 PM
I seem to remember JJ getting/winning a free copy some time ago, and he might be able to comment on how good it is??
Yeah, I did, however there was a problem with it so I sent the CD away months ago, and never heard anything back. I probably should've followed it up..

Yeah i bought a copy when i was in London a few months ago. I had the 1st one, and the second one doesnt seem that much different to be honest!! Theres on some new attacking moves that you can use at lineouts and scrums, which when they work are pretty cool, but still feels like PRM1. Was abit dissappointed. As it is currently gathering dust. Also only has a coupla new animations. The one that they seem to have removed is the animation where your player or the defender tackles the person, then bridges over them and quickly takes the ball!! Which sucks coz i really thought that was a good addition
<
<

So basically its really no different then the first one, unless im forgetting some new feature that made me wanna keep playing, and seeing as im NOT, then that wud suggest otherwise wudnt it!!
<
<

im not saying i dont like it or anything, but i no if i sell it, then ill want it again, and seeing as i cudnt find a copy in NZ, then i dont wanna risk selling it, then not being able to buy one locally. Ive got rugby 2004, hate it more than any other game ever, but still i wudnt sell it, for sentimental reasons!! Weird i no, but wudnt sell PRM2 for anything really. Sorry mate
<

Originally posted by nui1stxv@Aug 20 2005, 12:02 PM
Ive got rugby 2004, hate it more than any other game ever, but still i wudnt sell it, for sentimental reasons!!
Hell, you should be paying someone to take it.

i have the first one, havn't seen the second one for sale here.

i liked the first one
<
havn't played it for a while though

nah i dont think we have PRM2 here in NZ, so i am one of only a few to have PRM2 in NZ!!!!
<
hehehe
i was thinking about buying a few copies too!! It was only 10pounds for it aswell.
but ohwell. I loaded PRM2 back on to me computer lastnite, and am currently playing it. Gonna start back up my career mode. Gonna manage the Saracens.
<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Aug 19 2005, 07:55 PM
Yes you do play. You don't control the players, but you do manage them. It's just a different genre of sports gaming.
<<you do play. you don't control the players>>

<

riiiiiiiiiight

by playing, I think that's what I mean...as opposed to coaching, managing, training etc...

Seems silly to me - but each to their own.

Originally posted by Los Lover+Aug 21 2005, 07:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ Aug 21 2005, 07:59 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Aug 19 2005, 07:55 PM
<<you do play. you don't control the players>>

<

riiiiiiiiiight

by playing, I think that's what I mean...as opposed to coaching, managing, training etc...

Seems silly to me - but each to their own. [/b]
I find management games very addictive once I hav got into them - I've spent over 5days worth of my life on jus 1 save on Football Manager2005!

I bought PRM1 on my old PC but the matches didn't work. However what I saw of the game was alrite, but very tedious and a lot of bugs. The second is supposed to be less bug-ridden and easier to play. Doesn't look worth £35 though so I mite wait until it goes down to bout £10 when I get it.

Each to their own is rite, personally I hate driving games.

...Driving games are one of my favourite. Speaking of which, I'm only 18% in Forza. I need to start playing that again.

you could kinda play it. chose what defense you want for any particular play. chose were to kick it and stuff if you want to, can't remember about lineouts though if you chose were to throw it.

but if you want a certain player to like cut in or something or take the ball up you could do that as well.

all on the fly so its kinda playing well it is playing
<
you just arn't moving the players around just telling them what to do.

so its still playing

Originally posted by harrison2468@Aug 21 2005, 09:01 PM
I find management games very addictive once I hav got into them - I've spent over 5days worth of my life on jus 1 save on Football Manager2005!
You've never had sex, have you.

Originally posted by harrison2468@Aug 21 2005, 09:01 PM
I bought PRM1 on my old PC but the matches didn't work. However what I saw of the game was alrite, but very tedious and a lot of bugs. The second is supposed to be less bug-ridden and easier to play.
Everyone goes on about the bugs in the first game, but there were a swag of patches released that resolved the majority of them, plus all the extra done by the community at digital jesters forums.

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Aug 22 2005, 10:43 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Aug 22 2005, 10:43 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468
@Aug 21 2005, 09:01 PM
You've never had sex, have you. [/b]
ummmmmmmmm

<

Does a computer count?

Originally posted by harrison2468+Aug 22 2005, 08:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (harrison2468 @ Aug 22 2005, 08:17 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Teh Mite@Aug 22 2005, 10:43 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468
@Aug 21 2005, 09:01 PM

You've never had sex, have you.
ummmmmmmmm

<

Does a computer count? [/b]
<

What? Like a floppy disk? Hard drive? What exactly are you saying? You've screwed a computer?

Latest posts