• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro Rugby Manager 2004

S

Serge

just got it yesterday and its pretty good once you get the patches for it. The 3d game part is actually quite good and a bit different. I just beat Auckland with Canterbury (NPC) so im happy.

Gpstore now has it in stock for like $80 if anyones interested

Didn't even know it was out. The screen shots I saw looked pretty crappy though.

Originally posted by Wally@May 30 2004, 12:38 PM
Didn't even know it was out. The screen shots I saw looked pretty crappy though.
Thats because its a management game. the graphics don't need to be good because you arent actually playing the game.

you sort of do play the game. Although i simulate most games unless the good teams are involved such as canterbury, auckland, otago, waikato and Wellington. When your playing each phase you have the 2 options of going with the forwards put in a crash ball in, going wide kicking it or going for a drop. there are also individual order you can give to one player to side step, fend, missed pass, switched pass, setup maul, grubber kick. Defence isnt much though you just chose what kind of defence you want to have. If your a Waikato fan you can buy Reihana back
<
. its well worth a look.

Stink thing is the minumum specs to run it is 500mhz and thats what my comp is so it will run pretty craply on my comp

Originally posted by Serge@May 31 2004, 10:18 AM
you sort of do play the game. Although i simulate most games unless the good teams are involved such as canterbury, auckland, otago, waikato and Wellington. When your playing each phase you have the 2 options of going with the forwards put in a crash ball in, going wide kicking it or going for a drop. there are also individual order you can give to one player to side step, fend, missed pass, switched pass, setup maul, grubber kick. Defence isnt much though you just chose what kind of defence you want to have. If your a Waikato fan you can buy Reihana back
<
. its well worth a look.
That sounds pretty good. I might have to buy it.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+May 31 2004, 06:26 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (.:kaftka:. @ May 31 2004, 06:26 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Serge
@May 31 2004, 10:18 AM
<
. its well worth a look.
That sounds pretty good. I might have to buy it. [/b]
i very much recomend. the 'watching' the game part has quite a lot put into it. Ive noticed that when a player gets to the break down alone you see them rip the ball of the tackled player and also i got coat hangered by the fullback.

does it hav player likenesses...is rokocoko super fast...and sivatu hav that step that makes defenders look silly?

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jun 9 2004, 03:06 PM
does it hav player likenesses...is rokocoko super fast...and sivatu hav that step that makes defenders look silly?
no player likeness. Roks is fast but theres faster. Steve Hanley i think it is, is the fastest in the game. and theres no special things for certain people. You sound like the kind of person that should leave this game alone and get WCR.

There is patches available for download at the official site, with player photos, and real teams/players on them.............

Originally posted by Serge@Jun 9 2004, 05:47 AM
no player likeness. Roks is fast but theres faster. Steve Hanley i think it is, is the fastest in the game
lol.
<

Fastest player in game. What about Ugo Monye?

i like the managing aspects of the game.it sounds good.i play maddens franchise mode to build a team and a franchise.i dont sit thru the whole season and play all the games..only except the super bowl.and im more satisfied sitting thru the off-season managing the coaches and drafting new recruits to the team then playing games during the season.
so is this game for me then?

Wait till the next version - it will be much better.

This first version is full of bugs, player stats are far from accurate (especially the NZL ones!!), and currently it is too easy to win games (the AI needs major reworking).

Originally posted by NZL fan@Jun 11 2004, 11:47 AM
Wait till the next version - it will be much better.

This first version is full of bugs, player stats are far from accurate (especially the NZL ones!!), and currently it is too easy to win games (the AI needs major reworking).
full of bugs? um no
Stats are a bit off.
Its not easy when you play as a lesser team.

Oh and CHIROPRACTOR ive never played madden but from what you say it sounds like ud like it then. If your a person who is just after how the 3d game bit plays it wont be for ya. In the offseason theres not a hel of a lot to apart from scout renew contracts and sign players for team and academy and upgrade your facilities

Latest posts