• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Pro14 performance in Europe 2020/21

Tooting Carmen

First XV
TRF Legend
A mixed bag so far. Curiously, neither Italian team lost, albeit both are in the Challenge Cup this year. Three of the four Welsh regions won (and keep in mind the Dragons were heavily affected by last-minute withdrawals due to Covid), Leinster won while Ulster and Edinburgh lost. Let's see how Munster, Connacht and Glasgow do.

Doing better than the prem teams so far. It seems to me the French teams are looking the strongest at the moment

Glasgow were a disaster, Connacht ran Racing close and Munster won though not that convincingly. 3/8 in the Champions Cup, 3/4 (plus one draw) in the Challenge Cup.

I mean but again that's against 2/8 for the premiership teams. The french have just been dominant.

I do think that due to this seasons format teams which felt they had no realistic chance of winning didn't field their best team and would rather concentrate their efforts else where but I agree France look fairly dominant in terms of teams who have a descent chance of winning but both Exe and Leinster will take some beating.

Glasgow, Scarlets, Blues and Benetton all had their matches cancelled. In the Challenge Cup, Ospreys and most notably Zebre both won. In the Champions Cup, Leinster, Munster and Edinburgh all won, while Connacht, Ulster and Dragons all lost. Thus once again, a pretty mixed weekend.

Latest posts