• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Problem Page

A

aligmacd123

Hi guys,

I often see while browsing the Mod threads many people have problem installing the mods and so on.

So what I am proposing with this thread is that we get the expert guys to give explainations of the installing and implementation of these great pieces of work.

This is because many threads are getting cluttered with these questions and with this thread you know exactly where to go and it saves the modders and others time having to explain multiple times.

I hope this will help both the mod makers and the mod users

Thanks

Alex

I thought it was universally understood, but appears not.

If you get a file from here as a mod, it will go into one of two folders, my documents or EA Rugby directory in C:/

In all cases, if the files come in a winrar or winzip format, they ALWAYS need to be extracted from the zip file.

Rosters must be in the format of a normal created folder and the file must be inside it and have the same name as the folder, but the folder name will have .ros at the end.. like myroster08.ros and the myroster file in the folder. It is .ros by file type, so it doesn't need to be named.ros as an extension. Capiche?

So it's..

> My Documents
>> EA Sports Rugby 08
>>> myroster08.ros >(myroster)

Ok, any files that are .fsh .big .xml .rsg .rdf .o etc MUST go into the directory, which would be found at ..

>C:/
>>Program Files
>>>EA Sports
>>>>EA Sports Rugby 08 (or 06) or copy of directory like MUP09, the name doesnt matter as long as it is a direct default copy.

This folder contains all the game files that are default. I you just add the files to this folder, they will work in the game. No install needed, as the files placed there just bypass the ones loaded in the data.gob file that the game uses to load it's data. Do not put the files into folders, for some EA games it works, but not EA Rugby.

Latest posts