• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Projector for new sport bar!

cowy

Academy Player
Hi guys my parents are going to open a sport bar, I have seen there are a lot of projector out there, but they seem like too expensive for the budget, im currently proposing portable projector since its cheaper and easier to carry so i can use it in home as well :D. what do you guys think? anyone watch a sport with projector yet? do you think portable projector would be enough for a sport bar?

My advice would be to do it properly or not at all. IMO a portable projector is a terrible idea, you need something that's ceiling mounted to eliminate trailing cables, the risk of it getting pinched or knocked over and so that people walking in front of it don't create a person sized shadow on the screen. A quick Google search throws up various websites offering advice about what to look for, what you've found appears to fall short. The prices aren't that much more (particularly compared to what you'll be spending every month on subscription TV) than what you're looking at for something designed for the job. Given how fundamental this screen is to the new business, I would be inclined to get a professional in to make recommendations and set everything up.

I'd echo RedruthRFC above. You're gonna need a professional set-up here, not something which would struggle in a home set-up like the xgimi posted above. Brightness will be important, because in a bar setting the lights can't just be switched off like they can be whilst watching a movie at home.

I'd imagine you should be aiming for 4K resolution, even if its just for future proofing the setup. Reliability will also be key, because it'll surely be in use far more often and for longer periods than your traditional home set-up.

One final thing to consider is that sport is fast moving, especially football (soccer), and some projectors will struggle to keep up, especially the cheaper portable ones.

I'd imagine you should be aiming for 4K resolution, even if its just for future proofing the setup. Reliability will also be key, because it'll surely be in use far more often and for longer periods than your traditional home set-up.

Good point, a projector that keeps overheating and turning itself off to cool down in the middle of matches isn't exactly going to have the punters coming back week after week.

LOL at suggesting a indie gogo project as a suggestion. There's a chance they might not even ship the product after taking your money. As above go to a professional company that fits and sells them in the same service, they will be able to tell you exactly what you need. What is the budget by the way? Professional electronics are rather expensive, a lot more than consumer stuff.

LOL at suggesting a indie gogo project as a suggestion. There's a chance they might not even ship the product after taking your money. As above go to a professional company that fits and sells them in the same service, they will be able to tell you exactly what you need. What is the budget by the way? Professional electronics are rather expensive, a lot more than consumer stuff.

My budget would be around 400-500USD, that's why i prefer this projector because its quite cheap but most of people seems like doesnt encourage me to buy it... hahah well i think i will move on to the other projector? but what brand can fit into my budget tho?

I'd echo RedruthRFC above. You're gonna need a professional set-up here, not something which would struggle in a home set-up like the xgimi posted above. Brightness will be important, because in a bar setting the lights can't just be switched off like they can be whilst watching a movie at home.

One final thing to consider is that sport is fast moving, especially football (soccer), and some projectors will struggle to keep up, especially the cheaper portable ones.

yes im agree i will further consider this... :D

My budget would be around 400-500USD, that's why i prefer this projector because its quite cheap but most of people seems like doesnt encourage me to buy it... hahah well i think i will move on to the other projector? but what brand can fit into my budget tho?

I'm no expert but I don't think that will be enough. This website has a guide for what you might need, notice how the cheap option (it's not even Full HD) is $850

https://www.projectorpeople.com/resources/hospitality_buyers_guide.asp

Latest posts