• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

pros and cons of squash

C

Caledfwlch

saw some scottish bugger on this thread saying its bad to play squash.. hmm i'm playing that right now.

comments anyone? advice welcome :D

Pros: Promotes fitness

Cons:
  • no violent body to body contact
  • no ball contact with feet

I think the cons that he was talking about was in relation to the joints.
Such a hard surface, you're pounding your knees over and over again. It's worse than road running. But you won't necessarily feel anything for ages.
I've got a couple of mates who have played at a high standard for years and they're fine with their knees.

Gets you very fit though.

Pros: it`ll get you fit very quickly indeed.

Cons: if you haven`t played for a while, your butt`ll be on fire for about a week after a single set. Which of course rules out sex if you`re batting for the wrong team. But if you`re not, can`t find too much wrong with it though.

What BoKmagic just said. Which is sort of a pro in it's own way, feeling some work is being done in that area, the idle hope that you're finally losing weight there.
That line of thinking might only apply to girls ^o)

Con: you can hardly if your level of fitness is sub-standard. Sadly.

Its a pretty decent game, helps out your fitness and reactions a bit, not really a skillful game as such but makes it easy to pick up

squash is great for anaerobic activity it really does get the ticker going. on the other hand if you get a ball hit in your eyes you are blind and if you get it hit on your body you get a nice big welt.

Not to be a dick, but:

Pros: You get in shape in a similar fashion as racquetball. And you can still keep your penis.

Cons: You have to tell your parents you're gay.

i dont know what kind of stupid ass comment is that! squash requires plenty of fitness and alot of skill. if u play ur shots without skill u'll be running all ard the place

yeah, forgot a few words, BoKMagic filled in correctly though.

It's a tad childish to call entire sports 'gay'.

That's like saying all male hairdressers, interior designers and models are gay.

yeah, forgot a few words, BoKMagic filled in correctly though.

It's a tad childish to call entire sports 'gay'.

That's like saying all male hairdressers, interior designers and models are gay. [/b]

they ARE gay! haha just kidding. yea its stupid to call the sport gay

Erm...if we're sticking wtih the logic that squash has a homosexual nature then that applies to tennis as well. Please, i urge you to go tell Boris Becker, Andre Agassi and Roger Federer this revelation!

I seriously doubt whether the sport of squash has a sexual orientation either way really.....

Anyway, isn`t a prerequisite for, well, being of a homosexual nature actually that you butt mustn`t be on fire from competitive sport, so that it`s free for, well other activities? In which case I really can`t see squash players engaging in activities of a said homosexual nature anyway.

Oh, and there`s no way Boris could be gay. FFS, he`s got a whole line of descendants that would make many a good practising Catholic proud!

Erm...if we're sticking wtih the logic that squash has a homosexual nature then that applies to tennis as well. [/b]

Still sticking to that logic, does that make guys who play table tennis homosexual child molestors, or does the size of the 'court'/ball/racket have nothing to do with the age you'd be intrested in as a homosexual?

I'll have to tell a friend of mine to start playing tennis again, best way for him to meet hot guys.

saw some scottish bugger on this thread saying its bad to play squash.. hmm i'm playing that right now.

comments anyone? advice welcome :D
[/b]

Not a game if you're very unfit, too much stress. Knee joints the worst affected.
Great workout if you can manage it though.
'gay' references in this forum a little childish, perhaps there are some repressed feelings (He who protesteth most).

Latest posts