• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Protein Supplements

K

kick2touch

Im consiering taking a protein (or other) supplement but I know nothing about them and would appreciate any feedback from people who are already using these

Are they any good?
Are they safe?
What type are best?

i take whey protein every time i lift.. yea theyre safe

i hear whey proteins are the best.. i reccomend drinking a good deal of water with it though, to prevent the build up of them in your kidneys and what not (but to be honest youve got to drink a lot like 3 scoops of it a day to get it built up, once a day wont kill you)

i reccomend going to a store and asking a person who works there what is best before purchasing.

Protein supplements are totally safe ive been using it on and off for 3 years with some good results.Ive used many diiferent whey proteins but i have found maximuscle progain to be the best for me.As long as you eat good and train hard then you should start to see some good gains within a month.good luck.

You need protein for effective recovery from any resistance exercise. This will also maximise the effects of any work you do, and I agree that whey protein is probably the best option.

One thing to bear in mind when choosing any supplement is what else it contains. For example, don't choose one that also contains a lot of carbs as you will then need to do additional cardiovascular exercise to prevent fat buildup. If you can get one that is pretty much just protein, and you are doing a reasonably testing weights regime then you should achieve noticeable difference fairly early on.

Well, I've said this before I'll say it again, try to consume less protein supplements and more whole protein foods. There is a benefit to taking supplements, but if you take in as much protein from natural foods as you can during the day, you'll be getting a bunch more things that your body needs which supplements won't neccessarily give you. Also, don't neglect your cardio and abdominal work out or else you'll get fat pretty easily.

Oh man, the way you wanna gain muscle wait, and muscle, eat lots of protein filled stuff. Refried beans, Top Roman, meats. THEN you go hit the gym really hard. About a month of doin that for me I gained about 40-50 Lb's or close to.
It really works, and its healthy.

well, protein supplements...
I personally used "GNC Pro Performance Amino 1000" these are in tablet shapes, and when i'm on a hard training programs I take about 6 a day... if i'm on a game day I take 6 pills 30 mins before the game and 3 after the game...
It really helps me on the stamina + power side, it's better than creatine because this one releases energy slowly, abit like carbs.. n it deffinitely grow ur muscles!

Originally posted by allblacksfreak@Aug 27 2006, 06:45 PM
well, protein supplements...
I personally used "GNC Pro Performance Amino 1000" these are in tablet shapes, and when i'm on a hard training programs I take about 6 a day... if i'm on a game day I take 6 pills 30 mins before the game and 3 after the game...
It really helps me on the stamina + power side, it's better than creatine because this one releases energy slowly, abit like carbs.. n it deffinitely grow ur muscles!
Aye, those tablets really work and all, but if you ever stop staying active, for atleast 2-3 weeks, all that muscle from the pills will turn to flab easily, unless you take the pills, work your ass off in the gym until your ass is sweating, and you will keep toned muscles for a good amount of time. keep up the routine, and all that builds up and you may eventually look like Paul O'connel :D

I like 100% whey and Creatine Ethyl Esther. Also think about some glutamine supplemation, it'll really help with the post workout pain. Good luck.

Latest posts