• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS2 controls help!

J

jambo_makaveli

i have the demo. its good, but does anyone know how to sidestep? handoff? barge past the fulback?

any other controls or little bits of help would be appreciated!

thanx

ok i asso have the demo and having the same probs however i figure out how to do the side step. You hit the right analogue which ever direction you want to shimmy. I alos did the set plays but that was a one off,i cant seem to do it now.

yeh, i figured that right stick thing out, but im thinking.............

as this demo was never meant to go public, maybe they have left some things out...

at the end of the game when you press exit, and it tells you what to expect in the full game, it gives big hits, sidesteps, hand offs.

so maybe in the full game you can do it, but not in the demo.

just have to wait for the full game i guess, and read the instruction booklet.

who do you go in the demo, and whats the highest amount of points you have scored?

can you ever step the fullback?

you break away and your at the edge of the screen, and you know he's coming, then bang, into the screen he comes and gets you, lol

thats why i like the up and down view, then you can see him from miles away and start tryin to get round him, instead of the last minute!

yeah i know what you mean. I like going australlia for giteau and england for worsley,worsley is gret on here,fast and powerful. Id say hes the best forward ive seen out of england and aus,corries good too.

lol, im more of a josh lewsey man myself, im scottish, but while i have the demo i have to make do with england, as theyre class, lol

yeah lewsey is very good,ive figured out the on the fly set play thingies,if you read locksleys reviews it tells you how to do them there, the set plays.

yeah it was only two pounds and well there wasnt any free ones released,well none that i kno of.

Got the full version last night.

To sidestep, you move the right stick 90-degrees in relation to the left stick, either way.
I.E. if you're running left, you sidestep by moving the right stick up or down.

For a hand off, you move the right stick 180-degrees in relation to the left stick.
I.E. if your running left, you hand off by moving the right stick to the right.

For a shoulder charge, you move the right stick in the same direction as the left stick.
I.E. if you're running left, you shoulder charge by moving the right stick to the left.

An interesting fact: by moving the right stick DIAGONALLY in relation to the left stick, you can actually pull off combo moves.

I.E. if you're running left, and you flick the right stick right and up, you'll do a combination sidestep and hand off.

Is it a good system Davies? I take it that to use these moves on PC version a control pad is a requirement ala the Hitstick on Madden 2005.

I like the system a lot.

It's quite intuitive, actually.

Although I haven't employed it much in actual matches, as I'm still improving on more fundamental things. So I'm not sure if it's effective or not.

It was great in Practice Mode, though. . .

Originally posted by DAVIES@Mar 10 2005, 06:02 AM
An interesting fact: by moving the right stick DIAGONALLY in relation to the left stick, you can actually pull off combo moves.

I.E. if you're running left, and you flick the right stick right and up, you'll do a combination sidestep and hand off.
Thanks for the tip davies. When I finally play the full version anything I discover to help regarding gameplay (particularly in multiplayer) I will PM to you as I can see you are not greedy with your learning.

Though you may have already discovered what I may pick up.

Latest posts