• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS2 or Xbox?

J

JonBach

Hi all - just wondered if anyone had any thoughts as to the best platform for R2005? I've no ideas whether to opt for the better grahics afforded by the Xbox, or to go for the good ol' PlayStation?

Help?!

I'm sticking to PS2 for this one ... I just think the control pad is better suited to the game of rugby with the 4 face/trigger buttons that it has as opposed to Xbox's 2 buttons

I'm not too fussed on the graphics aspect ... I'll be sitting 5 yards away from the game, with it on side view so I don't think I'm gonna miss much of a difference graphically when actually playing it

I'm gonna go for xbox cos hoping it will be slightly smoother and also prefer the analogue stick on the controller. I agree about the advantages of the ps2 pad for passing but i am hoping that I will just get used to using other buttons to pass the ball

Im not sure what I will go for because im afraid my ps2 is getting too old and might break down on me, but not too keen with the change of controls with the xbox i might wait untill somebody on the forum has played an xbox version, and could tell me how the controls afeect it, or if the demos are ever released ill get 1 of each.

I'll buy it for Xbox and Download it for PC, than decide which is better.

The reason for Xbox over PS2 is simple - L O A D I N G T I M E S . . .

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Feb 25 2005, 04:47 AM
Neither, because the PC version will **** all over both of them.
yeah ... but how big is your monitor webby? ...

console connectivity straight to a tv (and a big one at that) means I'll never get a game for a PC that is not primarily mouse controlled

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Feb 25 2005, 05:11 AM
I'll buy it for Xbox and Download it for PC, than decide which is better.

The reason for Xbox over PS2 is simple - L O A D I N G T I M E S . . .
Except if you have a Hard drive installed on your PS2.........
i have a 80GB HD on my Ps2 and playing games from the drive cuts the loading time by 3.

1 3rd of the PS2 loading times is still a good minuete or so on some games.

Or an hour on r2004!
<

Rugby 2004's load times were an absolute disgrace... I've never played a game with load times like that since the ZX Spectrum and everything had to be loaded up from cassette (with crackly noises et al)

thats the big plus point I found with WCR ... you could fire the game in and play really, really quickly

pc for me as i don't have any consoles. Pc has the advantage that it might be able to be modded and improved on.

Originally posted by raziel_eire+Feb 24 2005, 07:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (raziel_eire @ Feb 24 2005, 07:05 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Feb 25 2005, 04:47 AM
Neither, because the PC version will **** all over both of them.
yeah ... but how big is your monitor webby? ...

console connectivity straight to a tv (and a big one at that) means I'll never get a game for a PC that is not primarily mouse controlled [/b]
My monitor is huge
<

I'm also influenced by the fact that I don't own either of the other two.

Xbox for me, I'l Dl the demo tho.

Xbox is the only console that i have (only decent one anyway)
its superior to the Ps2 but many games released on both consoles look the same which does my head in.

I don't have an XBOX so I'll be going with the PS2.

I don't really think it's that graphically amazing to require the power to harness all the XBOX has to offer.

PS2 will look more or less the same.

Jamie Gough

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Feb 25 2005, 08:39 AM
I'm also influenced by the fact that I don't own either of the other two.
I can see how that might influence you alright !

Well I'll be getting it on PC and then probably get a ripped version on PS2 or XBOX... maybe PS2 though, as I've been told the console version was designed with the PS2 in mind more so than the XBOX and as such is better on PS2.

The game would have been designed with a pc in mind as because it is the best for graphics and cpu and ram. The differences between x-box and ps2 could only be minor but generally games will be better on an x-box due to the x-box having the better graphics and cpu. Sport games may not be too noticable a difference,animations and other things will proabbly look sharper on an x-box. It really comes down to personal choice of what you think the better console is.

Latest posts