• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS2 or Xbox?

Pfft. there's no difference between Fifa, NFL, NBA, Tiger Woods or any of the other EA sports ***les except the Box is slightly sharper and quicker to load.

Yes, I am a games nerd whos been playing the damn things for 18 years.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Feb 25 2005, 05:11 AM
I'll buy it for Xbox and Download it for PC, than decide which is better.

The reason for Xbox over PS2 is simple - L O A D I N G T I M E S . . .
As far as loading times and graphics go, unless you have a PC that has no gaming capacity beyond Half Life 1, then the PC version will **** all over the XBOX's...
My system isn't the best thing out, but it's still a good 3 generations ahead of the XBOX in the graphics department...

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Feb 25 2005, 10:22 AM
Um... congratulations?
You were going to "try and play" to see if it would be better on PC or XBOX... I thought I'd save you the trouble and tell you now the XBOX be easily superceded by the PC...
<

Just doin my bit to help out mate
<

Ah... but I tried Fifa 2004 on my PC and it didn't like it. Plus I don't have a PC joypad.

On the plus side, the PC version will be free!
<

Sorry if that sounded pedantic before BTW, just re-read it and it look a bit off...
<

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Feb 25 2005, 10:28 AM
Ah... but I tried Fifa 2004 on my PC and it didn't like it. Plus I don't have a PC joypad.

On the plus side, the PC version will be free!
<

Sorry if that sounded pedantic before BTW, just re-read it and it look a bit off...
<
thats ok mate
<

I personally want to get it on both XBOX and PC, because on PC it will be better single player, but there's no online, so if friends ever come around we can play proper multiplayer.

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 25 2005, 10:21 AM
The game would have been designed with a pc in mind as because it is the best for graphics and cpu and ram.
doubt this ...

if it were an RTS or FPS maybe, but this is an EA (read money grabbin' corporation, with a mantra of business over gameplay descisions) game that I'd think was specifically designed for the console market and not developed for the better specs of a PC

Console sales have increased but the pc market is still strong as well and EA would want to show off thier product to the best of its ability and not alienate millions of people.

I'm not arguing anything here, just answering the original question.

I am buying the X-Box version, bar none.

The PC version will no doubt be editable up the arse, but you better have a Half Life II / Doom III capable PC, or your **** outa' luck, plus resonsiveness (sp) on PC controllers suck ass.

The PSII version will probably have the best controller setup as thats the only thing the aged system has going for it nowadays, is it's controller.
<

The X-Box version will have graphics comparable to the PC, and the fluidity that the PSII will not have, plus PSII HD or not, it isn't even comparable to the Load times of the tried and true X-Box.

To top it off, if you have a Modded X-Box or not, there are bound to be a few AR DL's that will put this console version over the top (reality wise).

Originally posted by Boltman@Feb 25 2005, 01:43 PM
The PSII version will probably have the best controller setup as thats the only thing the aged system has going for it nowadays, is it's controller.
<
Yeah, but it's actually quite a significant thing in this game I think.

The ideal set up would probably be PC, connect to a TV screen, with 4 PS2 type controllers (if it supports 4 players on the PC). Otherwise just an XBox, with 4 PS2 type controllers.

I'm not one too fuss about graphics too much, so the better controller suits me very well.

I'll probably end up getting the PS3 because of it's controller.

To each his own, I spose.

I prefer game looks and smoothness, and load times.
<

The Analogue stick one the X-Box is much more sensitive and responsive than the long necked based PSII's.

Originally posted by Boltman@Feb 25 2005, 12:43 PM
I'm not arguing anything here, just answering the original question.

I am buying the X-Box version, bar none.

The PC version will no doubt be editable up the arse, but you better have a Half Life II / Doom III capable PC, or your **** outa' luck, plus resonsiveness (sp) on PC controllers suck ass.
I do
<
I love my PC now... A friend of mine custom made it for me, I can't go back to the dated graphics on ancient consoles very often anymore
<

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
<
[/b]

I have a Logitech Dual Action controller that is a direct rip off of the PS2 contoller (if not actually a bit better designed!)... It's no less responsive than a console either...

Put it this way, if this game was online, then it would be hands down best on PC, but considering it's not most of us will get it on console (even those of us who are getting it for PC's) purely for the multiplayer aspect...

Originally posted by JJ-+Feb 25 2005, 12:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (-JJ- @ Feb 25 2005, 12:47 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Boltman
@Feb 25 2005, 01:43 PM
<
Yeah, but it's actually quite a significant thing in this game I think.

The ideal set up would probably be PC, connect to a TV screen, with 4 PS2 type controllers (if it supports 4 players on the PC). Otherwise just an XBox, with 4 PS2 type controllers.

I'm not one too fuss about graphics too much, so the better controller suits me very well.

I'll probably end up getting the PS3 because of it's controller. [/b]
PS3 will probably have better graphics than the XBOX 2 anyway mate... Sony have employed Nvidia! So I'd say the PS3 will be the way to go!

I'm not going there, hehe.

None of that matters for now, lets not get into the PSIII X-Box II thingy.

Originally posted by Boltman@Feb 25 2005, 12:58 PM

Pick yourself up a Geforce 6800/ATI X800 series card mate! you'll realise how outdated and cheap XBOX graphics have become!

Originally posted by sanzar+Feb 25 2005, 01:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Feb 25 2005, 01:00 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Boltman
@Feb 25 2005, 12:58 PM

Pick yourself up a Geforce 6800/ATI X800 series card mate! you'll realise how outdated and cheap XBOX graphics have become! [/b]
LOL, I get your excitement mate.

I already have a PC thats all tricked out, ****, so does my son (and he's 11).

It isn't that though, it's chilling in my living room with my bud's pounding brews, all watching my Widescreen TV in the living room with snacks getting passed about, that is not going to happen with my PC sitting here near my bed in my room.

Originally posted by Boltman+Feb 25 2005, 01:05 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boltman @ Feb 25 2005, 01:05 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Feb 25 2005, 01:00 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Boltman
@Feb 25 2005, 12:58 PM

Pick yourself up a Geforce 6800/ATI X800 series card mate! you'll realise how outdated and cheap XBOX graphics have become!
LOL, I get your excitement mate.

I already have a PC thats all tricked out, ****, so does my son (and he's 11).

It isn't that though, it's chilling in my living room with my bud's pounding brews, all watching my Widescreen TV in the living room with snacks getting passed about, that is not going to happen with my PC sitting here near my bed in my room. [/b]
Touche!
Totally agree with that. Which is why I'll hire it on XBOX and burn it for when mates come around.

Latest posts