• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS2 or Xbox?

Originally posted by Boltman@Feb 25 2005, 12:51 PM
To each his own, I spose.

I prefer game looks and smoothness, and load times.
<

The Analogue stick one the X-Box is much more sensitive and responsive than the long necked based PSII's.
It is a KNOWN fact that Tiger Woods on Xbox is laughable, due to the non-existent sensitivity of the analogue stick - seriously ask anyone

It is alot harder to make an error in TW on Xbox - ie the PS2 analogue is more proned to punish the player for a misqued shot...Xbox always allows room for error, which is an indication the analogue isnt as sensitive

but poosibly it could be the the games code on each console, but i thought i'd just let u know that TW on Xbox sucksass because of the insensitivey of the analogue

Originally posted by Boltman@Feb 25 2005, 12:43 PM
The PSII version will probably have the best controller setup as thats the only thing the aged system has going for it nowadays, is it's controller.
<
pffft

u forgot the fact the ps2 is nearly the same size of the Xbox controller
it may be an aged system, but it shits all over xbox in market share
just shows how much the xbox has failed
brilliant specs, shithouse games and bill gates

Wheres GT4? a master piece the Xbox will NEVER get or better!

i know its my opinion with GT4, but u cant really argue that its a masterpiece

and u cant argue that the ps2 has more market share than Xbox, FACT!!!

but i can argue this
"the only thing the aged system has going for it nowadays, is it's controller"

thats ur opinion, but it aint a fact

Originally posted by esoj@Feb 25 2005, 11:19 AM
Console sales have increased but the pc market is still strong as well and EA would want to show off thier product to the best of its ability and not alienate millions of people.
"Console sales have increased" ... geez, do y' reckon ...
<

aside from that...

The game would be designed for play on a console as thats where the market is at... people with consoles have the disposable income, and while there are a great many gamers on PC, the fact that consoles sell so well is that they are almost exclusively for playing games and the games are designed with their specs/abilities in mind... if the PC market was so strong and everything was designed for the "better" PC with all its power, memory etc, then how would any console get a look-in?
And as strong as the PC market is, they would be alienating millions more people if they did not make the game (primarily) for the console gaming masses.

EA (and the vast majority of other publishers/developers) think about the market that will reap in huge sales first as opposed to thinking about developing a game for high-end PCs to show it off and then have to do more work to "dumb it down" for display on the inferior (but better sales of games) consoles

This is not always the case i.e. a good RTS game on a console is hard to come by, but on a PC, they are everywhere - thats their market... if you find an RTS on a console, generally it will have been ported over from PC.
I believe that Rugby 2005 has been designed for console hardware first and foremost and then PC... (tho this does not necessarily make the PC version a poor relation - it will have its optimized graphics etc, but the game mechanics (the meat of the pie if you like) will have to work on all platforms)

Anyways... this is all a storm in a tea cup... I'll be getting on PS2 cuz thats what I like, the same way we'll all decide whats best for ourselves - "Horses for Courses"

Some more random thoughts:

Consoles>PC's for sports games.
PC's>Consoles for most shooting games, and RTS.

Originally posted by raziel_eire+Feb 25 2005, 03:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (raziel_eire @ Feb 25 2005, 03:19 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Feb 25 2005, 11:19 AM
Console sales have increased but the pc market is still strong as well and EA would want to show off thier product to the best of its ability and not alienate millions of people.
"Console sales have increased" ... geez, do y' reckon ...
<

aside from that...

The game would be designed for play on a console as thats where the market is at... people with consoles have the disposable income, and while there are a great many gamers on PC, the fact that consoles sell so well is that they are almost exclusively for playing games and the games are designed with their specs/abilities in mind... if the PC market was so strong and everything was designed for the "better" PC with all its power, memory etc, then how would any console get a look-in?
And as strong as the PC market is, they would be alienating millions more people if they did not make the game (primarily) for the console gaming masses.

[/b]
Of course they make the game tailored to console... if it was tailored for PC's then we'd have sports games that had the graphical detail of Half Life 2 and Doom 3... and then they'd look **** on console.
I love my PC now that of got a **** hot system, but it cost me a fare bit and as you said, you'd alienate half the population...

Anyway, my only point was that all these people who talk about how much more powerful the XBOX is when compared to the PS2 are kidding themselves considering how far both of them are behind PC's...

Thats precisely what I was trying to explain/say to esoj... you did it a little more concisely then me sanzar, cheers

ps2 rules end of storeee!

lol

na but wen i was playing rugby 05 at training camp ppl were saying the xbox version was rough and was less responsive....though the graphics were cool but the game was rough.....so the ps2 was jussss right!

PS2 rules, juss look at all the games!
Xbox have crappy games but good graphics.....WHATS THE POINT OF THAT?
<

i'll be gettin it on PS2 coz it RULES AND XBOX SUCK
<

Same old story again

Atari vs Amiga
Super Nes vs Megadrive/Genesis
Dreamcast Vs PS2 VS N64
PS2 Vs Xbox

I'm a sonny fan because the PSX and PS2 are great consoles with so many great hits, and it is true that the Ps2 controller is the best i've ever used especially for sports games.

But you Xbox guys have got to get real about your favourite console, it will never be a great console because it will never penetrate the japanese market, no matter how much money Mr gates throws on marketing.

but as far as video game goes, there will always be that type of controversies about which gaming system is the best.

i was more of an Amiga player, a genesis player and now i roll with sony........

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 25 2005, 01:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Feb 25 2005, 01:57 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Boltman
@Feb 25 2005, 12:43 PM
The PSII version will probably have the best controller setup as thats the only thing the aged system has going for it nowadays, is it's controller. 
<
pffft

but i can argue this

thats ur opinion, but it aint a fact [/b]
You sound like any other pimple faced american kid on the boards I frequent, rambling like that.

I understand that your a Sony fanboy, it's all good, I'm not going to go back and forth with you arguing about two systems.

I own a PSII as well, and I have GT4 (that took waaaay to long to release), so your point being?

I will also have Forza as well.

****, I even have a GC as well, I just buy the best games that release for each system.

When it comes to games like Madden, ESPN NFL2K5, ESPN CHoops, ESPN NBA2K5, NBA Live, FIFA Street, FIFA, WE8 (PES4), etc....... I buy em on X-Box.

When I need console specific games like GTA4 SA, GT4, Metroid, etc... I get em for said system.

Originally posted by Handsomebob@Feb 25 2005, 11:24 PM
Same old story again

Atari vs Amiga
Dreamcast Vs PS2 VS N64
PS2 Vs Xbox

I'm a sonny fan because the PSX and PS2 are great consoles with so many great hits, and it is true that the Ps2 controller is the best i've ever used especially for sports games.

But you Xbox guys have got to get real about your favourite console, it will never be a great console because it will never penetrate the japanese market, no matter how much money Mr gates throws on marketing.

but as far as video game goes, there will always be that type of controversies about which gaming system is the best.

i was more of an Amiga player, a genesis player and now i roll with sony........
See my above post reply to fanboy number 1, Mr. fanboy number 2.

BTW - I could give a **** about it's "penetration into the Japanese market".

I care only about the games and systems I receive here.

Originally posted by Boltman+Feb 26 2005, 12:55 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boltman @ Feb 26 2005, 12:55 AM)</div>
Originally posted by ak47@Feb 25 2005, 01:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Boltman
@Feb 25 2005, 12:43 PM
<

pffft

but i can argue this

thats ur opinion, but it aint a fact
You sound like any other pimple faced american kid on the boards I frequent, rambling like that.

I understand that your a Sony fanboy, it's all good, I'm not going to go back and forth with you arguing about two systems.

I own a PSII as well, and I have GT4 (that took waaaay to long to release), so your point being?

I will also have Forza as well.

****, I even have a GC as well, I just buy the best games that release for each system.

When it comes to games like Madden, ESPN NFL2K5, ESPN CHoops, ESPN NBA2K5, NBA Live, FIFA Street, FIFA, WE8 (PES4), etc....... I buy em on X-Box.

When I need console specific games like GTA4 SA, GT4, Metroid, etc... I get em for said system. [/b]
Ditto, But I get all most of my sport games for PC now (a couple I've burnt for either PS2 or XBOX in case mates come around). I've got the PS2 for MGS and other exclusive ***les, the XBOX I got free with my phone (really just a PC lite) and it was cool untill I got my PC upgraded, but I still use it with certain sports ***les and for MP. The GC I exclusively bought for metroid and mario cart
<

At the end of the day though, if your a multiplatformer, then you'd either get it on PS2 because of the controller or the XBOX for the loading and graphics... but if you also have a PC capable of smoothly running Doom3 and HL 2 on high (or even medium) settings, then PC is definately the way to go (as you can use any controller through USB) unless you plan on having your mates around constantly for a bit of pre match fun...

Originally posted by Boltman+Feb 26 2005, 12:58 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boltman @ Feb 26 2005, 12:58 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Handsomebob
@Feb 25 2005, 11:24 PM
Same old story again

Atari vs Amiga
Dreamcast Vs PS2 VS N64
PS2  Vs Xbox

See my above post reply to fanboy number 1, Mr. fanboy number 2.

BTW - I could give a **** about it's "penetration into the Japanese market".

I care only about the games and systems I receive here. [/b]
Are you feeling personally targeted by something in my post ??

I don't see why to start getting all fired up suddenly...........
i don't give a **** about controversy, nor about which console is the best as i own a PS2, an Xbox and a gamecube and i like playing games on each of them.

i was just saying that the controversy will never end, there will be a debate between Ps3 and Xbox2 owners and it will go on until a new system comes to the market.

So please, cool off and stop calling people you don't know with (not so) funny names.

Latest posts