• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS2 Out in USA

wooooooot
<

<
<
<

What . . . the . . . ****?

You know, I thought I knew about rugby, I thought I knew about all the teams and tours and great matches, but obviously, EA Sports are one up on me.

But, I am on my knees and I humbly ask everyone on this glorious rugby forum, what happened on the 2004 British Lions Tour?
<

You see, I don't seem to recall that one, but on the back of my EA Sports Rugby 2005 box, sandwiched between the RBS Six Nations and the Super 12, is the *gulp* . . . 200 and 4 British Lions Tour.
<

ABSOLUTE AUTHENTICITY" when it's clearly not?

Okay, sure, the game is apparently good and I can't wait to get home and play it -- no doubt. I am really looking forward to it.

But this kind of error is pretty goddamn alarming.

For those who care about such things.

George Smith is on my cover.

They also mention in small print that England Roster is accurate as of Nov 2004

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 10 2005, 09:19 AM
<
<
<

What . . . the . . . ****?

You know, I thought I knew about rugby, I thought I knew about all the teams and tours and great matches, but obviously, EA Sports are one up on me.

But, I am on my knees and I humbly ask everyone on this glorious rugby forum, what happened on the 2004 British Lions Tour?
<

You see, I don't seem to recall that one, but on the back of my EA Sports Rugby 2005 box, sandwiched between the RBS Six Nations and the Super 12, is the *gulp* . . . 200 and 4 British Lions Tour.
<

ABSOLUTE AUTHENTICITY" when it's clearly not?

Okay, sure, the game is apparently good and I can't wait to get home and play it -- no doubt. I am really looking forward to it.

But this kind of error is pretty goddamn alarming.
Yep mine says 2004 as well.

My copy is waiting for me in the back at Best Buy.

On the topic of rugby playing yanks, I agree with cavan who talked about soccer players kicking too much. This is my second season of rugby but my 18th in soccer and even though I play lock forward I still at times kick first rather than picking the ball up. You would think a goalkeeper like myself would actually use his hands, but...

golasso, welcome to the forum.

I believe cavan was talking about punting the ball into space as opposed to kicking it while it was on the ground -- so you were joking, right?

--
Found something else that ****** me off and I would guess will not be found anywhere else in the world and therefore it's a case of EA thinking and dumbing the sport down for Americans: In the Instruction Booklet, under "Player Without Ball," and "Open Play Kicks," you can find the 'Soccer Kick' (Hold Triangle while running over a loose ball).

This is the only reference to another sport in the entire manual, and it's probably the worst one to use as well for what it is trying to describe.

out of curiosity, where did you guys get it? ive called tons of places (best buy, gamestop, walmart, toys r us, target, comp usa, circuit city, blockbusterm etc) but nobody seems to have it in stock! can you guys think of anywhere else i could call?

Personally I like this line from the manual the best:

Lightning-fast backs, 300-pound forwards, huge hits and no pads... this is Rugby in its greatest glory.

300 pound forwards are they really that big internationally.
I mean in my local game sure but that just old fat guys.

Originally posted by jersey devil@Mar 10 2005, 10:43 AM
Personally I like this line from the manual the best:

Lightning-fast backs, 300-pound forwards, huge hits and no pads... this is Rugby in its greatest glory.

300 pound forwards are they really that big internationally.
I mean in my local game sure but that just old fat guys.
<

Good call. I think they use 'glory' a leeeeeettle toooooooo muuuuuuuuch in this booklet.

NinjaPie, got mine from EB Games. Try them, though . . . I thought they were decent, but it turns out, just the one near where I work is. They actually had info, and held the game for me. I phoned a few others (just to see if there were any early shipments) and I got: "No idea," and "I don't think the game is being released in this country."

Good luck.

I didn't check personally, but Boltman in his thread about picking it up said the delivery guy had the game for all 3 systems -- so I'd say yes.

Well the props in international rugby range from about 100kg's (very light for a prop) to about 130kg's and some around 140 (but thats pretty biiiiig)

I guess that works out at about... 100kg's being about 220 pounds. 130 kgs being about 290 pounds and 140 kgs being about 310 pounds.

So I guess 300 pounds wouldn't be a bad average for some international forwards (front row/prop most likely tho).

Cheers,

Jamie Gough

Maybe about 285 would be a more accurate weight average. But saying "285 pound forwards, lightning fast backs" doesn't really have the same ring to it
<

Jamie Gough

Latest posts