• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS2 version successfully modded

goatnine

Academy Player
This might be old news - but I haven't been able to find anything on the forum mentioning a successful PS2 mod. Following redfang22's notes on making changes to World League, I have been able implement this change to 2de97b250f07a369610d6087471b7aad.xml using BigGui and recompile a PS2 ISO file that will load on both the PCSX2 emulator and a backwards compatible PS3. I did this using Apache via the Free McBoot file replacement method. (I don't have my PS2 to hand at the moment but have used Free McBoot to load ISOs on it before so I see no reason why it wouldn't work on that too)

I've only been tinkering to see what works so far - I've been able to set the transfer window to open on the first day of the season and I've set the home win bonus to 1.1M transfer points (see pic) for player purchasing fun.

I've also been fiddling with the player swap code near the start of the file to put star players in my team, which seems to be working so far. I'm part way through the first season so I expect it all to crash at some point but so far so good.

Has anyone else had success on PS2 with similar methods?

Attachments

• gsdx_20221027210738.png
    gsdx_20221027210738.png
    149.3 KB · Views: 25
Last time someone brought up PS2 modding about a year ago there were no replies to it, so I don't think there's been much done in the past. It looks like xml and roster mods have been done but graphics files are in a different format on the PS2 version so they hit a dead end there.

Yeah, I tried for years to find a way to convert .ssh files to .fsh, so that we could do graphics mods.
Unfortunately, no one has figured out a way to do so. There is EA graphics editor, that can extract the textures from a .ssh file, but they are either compressed or swizzled (scrambled).

I was able to mod a saved roster and inject the file back onto the ps2 via usb. It's in the forum somewhere way back.

Last edited:
Hi guys! Can anyone give me a roster file that is compatible with the PS2 version?
I have the ps2 with Free McBoot. thanks a lot

Latest posts