• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS3 Network Hacked?

I think it was anonymous they haven't said it was them but they were pretty ****** off about sony suing geohot.

On the LG v sony thing sony won and LG had to pay them a large amount.

Has anyone else with a PS3 taken any action? i.e. cancelled cards, changed passwords?

I don't have any bank details on there but my password is the same password I use for nearly everything so that is more than slightly worrying. Quite ****** off that Sony could let something like this happen + didn't take the measure to encrypt all passwords but just assumed that their 'very sophisticated' security wouldn't be broken... which it was.

Over a week ago I got my debit card replaced for free by my bank. The lady on the phone said no problem, but she hadn't heard a thing about the problem. She actually rang me back that afternoon to tell me my card was on the way and pass on that since me she'd had a few more cards done that day for people with the same issue.

I have used that password for a few other things, but not everything or the most important things, so with any luck I should be okay. I'll change the common ones at some point soon too.

Love how the media portray "Anonymous" to be some elite hacker group, when in reality it's 16yr olds on 4chan, of whom about 1% actually know how to do anything computer-wise, the others just bleat on about how they're anonymous and legion and not to cross them etc.etc.
There is no group of people, and that person who spoke for them in that article is likely some 16yr old in his moms basement who thinks he's really hard

Love how the media portray "Anonymous" to be some elite hacker group, when in reality it's 16yr olds on 4chan, of whom about 1% actually know how to do anything computer-wise, the others just bleat on about how they're anonymous and legion and not to cross them etc.etc.
There is no group of people, and that person who spoke for them in that article is likely some 16yr old in his moms basement who thinks he's really hard

I don't think thats true, Anonymous know what they are doing and they seem much older than 16, early to mid 20s if you ask me. If you see the photos of them with the Anonymous masks then they are older (granted it could be people put up for it) but they are more clever than 16 year olds. Check out the youtube video with the Anonymous, Westborough Church group and some US interviewer and you see then that they are smart and deffo not some 16 year old hard kids. Also Anonymous would admit if they had hacked the PS3 Network.

its been announced that the EU part of playstation(including AU and NZ) are giving away two free games, we get the choice of 5, and playstation portable users get a choice of 4. though they will probably be stupid games though.

also it doesnt look like it will be back until 31st May... :(

its been announced that the EU part of playstation(including AU and NZ) are giving away two free games, we get the choice of 5, and playstation portable users get a choice of 4. though they will probably be stupid games though.

also it doesnt look like it will be back until 31st May... :(

My understanding is that online gaming, friends list and trophy syncing will be back within a week. The store, account management and anything else linking to financials will be likely delayed until May 31st. Speculation is that they are aware that they keep taking longer than they've said they would and have decided to use May 31st as a safety net, so they'll look a little better if those parts comes back online a week or two earlier.

I guess we'll all see by months end though. :)

hoping trophy syncing and online gaming is back soon, though i havnt even turned on my playstation since this all happened... Looking at getting L.A. Noire hoping its going to be great.

i dont have any issues with my credit card details on there, i got a new one issued to me before this all happened.

hoping trophy syncing and online gaming is back soon, though i havnt even turned on my playstation since this all happened... Looking at getting L.A. Noire hoping its going to be great.

i dont have any issues with my credit card details on there, i got a new one issued to me before this all happened.

Looking at getting that too mate. Now your married, do you have to pick and choose which games you're allowed to buy sometimes?

Yes.. Those hackers always tell the truth.

But honestly, next time they want to "fight the greedy evil corporations on the people's behalf", please ASK the entire 44 million PSN users FIRST! If i get sick and tired of greedy corporations oppressing me, i can fight for myself.

Thanks anonymous for killing it for the other 44million users.

You blind guides, which strain at a gnat, and swallow a camel.

Jeez.. Cant do jack... and just when i wanted to Download FF7 from the PSN...

Now my COD2 is just sitting there.. alone.

"Unhackable". Used by sorftware firms the same way Whitestar used the word "unsinkable".

Latest posts