• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ps3 or Xbox

M

madwelshy

Hi all just looking to upgrade console but im in the world of i dont know!

Ps3 Or Xbox What you recon in so undecided???

There's great reasons for both. I'm pretty biased, but I say PS3 of course :)

after alot of thought i chose the ps3 as well.

it all depends on what you want it for, purly gaming or for more?

ps3 has awesome multimedia capabilities and free online gaming. thats what tipped me towards it

PS3 is what I got....because that is the way forward into the future.

The best thing I like about it is the FREE online gaming...once it wirelessly found my modem and connected....I put in the Fifa08 game and I was away playing for free! No need to set up some account etc....if i take it anywhere where there is wireless I can play for free...my GF's house etc...providing there is a TV of course.

Multimedia is cool on it....have a nice pic of my GF and me as my desktop wlaapaper etc.

Blue ray is the future for movies and PS3 has got it.

Love the wireless controller that charges from the machine rather than getting batteries etc.

There is quite a bit to discover....the secret is to read the whole manual before plugging in!

sounds like PS3 has won this one, but i own a xbox 360 and i love it. im just guessing, but it seems like a win-win either way.

well you havnt given us any information why you think the 360 is better yet...

i really dont know how to explain a way that its better since i dont own a ps3 and really dont know much about them except for they have a blu-ray and free online play, but thats not really any new news, lol.

a lot of my friends have live, the graphics are great (not comparing it to PS3, just in general.) many options for downloading. if youre going to get it, then live definately makes it worth buying.

To be honest the Xbox 360 is a very good machine and for one am not going to sell it short.

It's just apparent to me that the Playstation is constantly evolving (via it's firmware updates) into the ultimate in home entertainment centres.

All I need is a damn good modem/router and I'll be enjoying it even more!

It depends what you're after as to which machine you're after.

For me, a 360 owner is like someone someone who owns a Subaru Impreza. Some will have it for the advanced performance and the fact Xbox live is the balls, but many buy it because they're sheep and follow the masses "to be cool". Owners tend to have a mental age of 10.

PS3 owners are like Toyota Prius owners. Technically it's the way forward, but most of the technology on board won't even be used untoil the next generation of machines come along, there are pointless features (such as "Home") and the games are so far up their own arse that they're in danger of choking on their own heads. Owners tend to like the smell of their own farts.

Wii owners are just easily suckered into a pathetic gimmick. Who probably drive Vauxhalls and support Saracens.

there are arguments both ways really.

360 live and huge games library

ps3 blu-ray built in and free online gaming.

it really comes down to a few questions.
what will be the console's main use gaming or multimedia (ie movies) stuff too. What do your friends have, well online is good it's way better with mates and people you know. what games are you into, you will be sweet on the multiplatform game but the exclusives could decide which way you go. this is where a bit of research on future releases can be golden. there is nothing worse than buying a console you don't like the games it has on it.

for purely gaming I would lean towards the 360. live is very well established and there is a huge gaming lineup already.

if you want something beyond gaming definitely go for the ps3. blu-ray out of the box is a huge bonus and other features make the ps3 a great home multimedia machine as well as gaming. ps3 sales have been picking up recently too which means the online community would also have been picking up.

if you were after a wii chances are you wouldn't be asking around here for opinions on it. I personally love mine but it definitely isn't for everyone as nintendo would have you think. You really have to understand the way nintendo does things and be prepared to be missing features compared to the other consoles.

good luck with whatever console you choose I am sure you will be happy.

ps before the claims on bias come in I freely admit I only have a pc and wii.

I've had Playstation's all the time, 1 and 2, but for this generation I changed to an XBOX 360 and I have no regrets whatsoever. It's a fantastic machine. The online fun and frolics are class and the machine is powerful, I just need a HDTV to make it look even better. My friends are also picking them up as well and it's a lot more fun to play with your friends instead of strangers. I never tire of dropping scorpion tanks on Zonerunner's head...

I'm not having a go at the PS3 here, either. It looks like an outstanding machine, so incredibly utterly smart. It looks like it would power an RAF jet, it looks the business. Games wise I'm not too sure as I haven't played many games, although I know PS3 don't have many games that the 360 has got. I just know that MGS4 is the killer app for the PS3 and potentially GT5 as well, although I don't like driving games per se.

In time I'm almost certain I'll buy one, especially if MGS4 clings on to being a PS3 exclusive. For the moment though, I have my 360 and I'm loving it.

The end result surely is that both machines are a fine purchase and will be both in most serious gamers cabinets by mid-late 2009 if prices continue to fall.

XBOX360 I play manily online due so due to the far superior online which I don`t mind paying for as it is a good service. Cross game messaging and talking. If you and your mate are playing 2 different games you can still speak to each other or just drop into their game. I can also play my own music in all games.

All developers have to stick to Xbox rules for online so all friends lists appear no matter which game you put in etc really until you have Xbox live and experience it you will know the difference. I have a couple of mates who have PS3 and played it but the online is rubbish I suppose you get what you pay for.

I have never bought DVD's so BLU-RAY is not a big feature for me. I mainly download films and TV shows etc so the DVD market is not much of an issure anymore for me personally.

Don't get me wrong I think PS3 is a great console and was and still a Sony fan as I had both PSone and PS2 but I just love online gameplay therefore XBOX for me.

Oh yes and Home Beta has been delayed till Fall and will be only coming out next year supposedly so for the time being I am very happy with XBOX.

PS3 was supposed to have better graphics but all comaprison gaming sites either state that their graphics are the same or in alot of cases the XBOX better as the PS3 version is normally a port. This will oviously change in the future but the problem is that Developers are finding that programming is much easier for the XBOX so with the costs and time scales involved they work on the XBOX and then port to PS3. Only the big studios can develop for both at the same time hence the XBOX having a much bigger games library.

http://uk.videogames.games.yahoo.com/specials/xbox360-3.html

Theres also a lot of exclusives this year for PS3 owners too, so I guess it's a case of the PS3 merely being 12mths behind Xbox 360 in regard to content.

Mind you the PS3 library is well and truly extensive enough now and I've never known anyone who needs to play 500 games, most people only play upto 5 ***les from their library at once.

Many developers have said the main problem for the PS3 is having 7 separate processing units, which is a highly complex platform to program for. Just as many developers have said that when this problem is turned to an advantage (and it will) there'll be many PS3 ***les incapable of turning up on Xbox 360.

Crysis is said to be in development for PS3. Only a massively stripped down version could ever appear on the Xbox 360.

Oh yeah, you don't care about Blu Ray? Kinda naive comment as it's not all about HD movies. Currently the Xbox 360 can only play games off dvds, limiting the games to 9.4gb per ***le. When the average game ***le gets bigger (and it will), Blu Ray will offer upto 50gb by comparison.

Have a wireless network at home? Many do and with Xbox 360, they gotta pay more for the accessories to connect that way.

The in-game and cross game messaging? Coming to PS3 end of June.

Xbox 360 is at (or just a smidge past) it's peak. The PS3, is only just crawling right now, it'll be another year or so, but wait for it to start running.

The only defence to that will be the Xbox 720. Or whatever ridiculous angle based ***le they come up with for the next one.

The only defence to that will be the Xbox 720. Or whatever ridiculous angle based ***le they come up with for the next one. [/b]
I'd have my money on them naming the next one from the same idea they got the 360 from, but instead thi time around, calling it the "revolution". XBOX Revolution. Sounds good to me.

Maybe for once they might even make the console in the shape of a bloody X???

<div class='quotemain'>

The only defence to that will be the Xbox 720. Or whatever ridiculous angle based ***le they come up with for the next one. [/b]
I'd have my money on them naming the next one from the same idea they got the 360 from, but instead thi time around, calling it the "revolution". XBOX Revolution. Sounds good to me.

Maybe for once they might even make the console in the shape of a bloody X???
[/b][/quote]

Lol. How about the Xbox pi r squared? Xbox 2 pi r?

I like the 360 as it is due to the massive selection of games, downloads and online play. I haven't touched a PS3 so I'm not saying either one is better, all I know is that the 360 has everything I (an average, less than part time gamer) can want. That is, watch DVD's on it and play games on it. If I want Blu Ray I'll just buy a blu ray DVD player.

But they cost more than a PS3, lol!

Anyhow the point is, the Blu Ray isn't just for movies. It can put game content up to 50gb on one disc!

Latest posts