• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

PS3 Tried and tested..

I'm really keen to know about the Xbox 360, does it have Custom Soundtracks in all games as touted?

I'm really keen to know about the Xbox 360, does it have Custom Soundtracks in all games as touted?
[/b]

u can rip any of your cd's onto X360 hard drive

then when playing u can select to hear music from hard drive, and have the tunes blasting whilst playing a game - u can still hear the games audio, just not its music, so it doesnt clash

ie its perfect for racing games - u hear ur engine, other cars, and then u hear your tunes blasting..and because its ur own music, ur own favourites, u cant help but head bop along the straights burning down the leader

for other games like splinter cell....i wouldnt recommend it..............but u still have the option too.

when having a quick bash on the practise range in Tiger Woods its also good..........and in Saints Row, u dont have to be subjected to that CRAP RAP they have in 80% of the radio stations....chuck in some Korn and follow the leader!!!!!!!

You can also plug your MP3 into the 360.

Your PC is also enabled aswell, so then you can just click on what music you want streaming from your HD which means more space on your 360.

I'm really keen to know about the Xbox 360, does it have Custom Soundtracks in all games as touted? [/b]

I'm unsure whether custom soundtracks are available in all games, but you can play music whilst playing on a game. I was playing on Call of Duty 2 before & I managed to get music playing over the top of the game. I was cool, coz I was at a part where it was quiet, so on comes the music to keep me entertained.

<div class='quotemain'> I'm really keen to know about the Xbox 360, does it have Custom Soundtracks in all games as touted? [/b]

I'm unsure whether custom soundtracks are available in all games, but you can play music whilst playing on a game. I was playing on Call of Duty 2 before & I managed to get music playing over the top of the game. I was cool, coz I was at a part where it was quiet, so on comes the music to keep me entertained.
[/b][/quote]

Let it be known to Iversen that u still hear game audio whilst playing music thru hard drive

its just the games music is cut.............and ur music is in..........in COD case, you hear the bullets and zee germans.................and then u can hear whatever fatass tune thru ur X360 hard drive that u have selected

its perfect for racing games.........shove in some Korn "Got the life" and get into a Ferarri from PGR, and fish tail that thing just like on the music video

Oh you're joking?

That really got under my skin last time out with PS2.
[/b]

Why do they even bother with this? Personally I never played any PS1 games on the PS2 cause I couldn't stand the drop in graphics...

<div class='quotemain'>
Touche. I forgot abou MGS
[/b]

You also fogot about J L Rugby
[/b][/quote]

No i didn't, I much prefer Rugby 06.

Just been checking out some of the Gamespot stuff on the PS3 and they've given it a bit of a wrap... I may consider getting this in a year or so, because there are some pretty funky thing they're saying about it, and by that time all the kinks will be smoothed out.

I reckon the Wii looks the most innovative and interesting, but I'll probably hang out for the PS3 (but not get it straight away on release either)... I might get the XBOX360, but only if it's heaps cheap and it gets exclusive rugby ***les as I don't really like the controller and it's microsoft.

admittingly i hate big money making organisations

but as far as i am concerned M$4 are smashing sony is every gaming facet

library quality
library quantity
online ability

the perks of getting in first.........sony did it last gen

xbox did it next gen

X360 is cheaper is will outperform the ps3 for a while

i am not educated really in the field to know, but my preferences lie with exclusive local sports games - ie BLIC for X360

this guy perhaps can explain a lil more on other fronts - i dunno how much truth or bias there is to it

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-348-1.htm

interesting read nonetheless

once the ps3 drops i prolly will get one...but not for over $600.00

It's not me down to hating 'big companies', sony is massive, I just don't like Microsoft cause they f*** you around so much and their software is always crashing!

True, the XBOX 360 isn't a bad machine, but I really don't like the controller and it just doesn't look or sound as if it's as polished a product as the PS3. On gamespot they talk about how sony even use better quality DVD/BR roms and have better cooling so it's quieter. Plus they reckon the third party support is really starting to line up.

In any case though, when I'll be making my decision in over a year from now, so it'll be pretty clear which system will be better at that point. XBOX360 looks alright, but the graphics don't really look much better than my PC at the moment and there's no games on it that I'm really interested in.

But man, sony sure do have way better style than Microsoft... It just looks so much cooler. As the article said Sony may be harder to program for, but you can bet your ass there'll be a tonne of Jap programmers willing to go the distance because no one in japan buys Microsoft consoles for some reason (it's weird, like they have a national boycott or something... like a strain of economic nationalism).

Latest posts