• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Puppy training thread.

Stopped a dog from killing a squirrel in the park today. It had it on the ground several times and was gonna kill it. Didn't touch the dog, just shouted at it to stop to give the squirrel enough time to escape. Thankfully didn't attack me.

Surprised how fast the dog was at getting the squirrel. Squirrel managed to make it back up the tree, but dog was still wanting to get back at it.

So stayed wait for the owner to arrive as to tell him. He was alright about it, but told him he needed to put his dog on a lead. If it had been his other dog, which was a GS then no chance. But don't think it would have caught a squirrel that fast.
CAEBC417-72C1-4F1D-A3DD-1C8BE6D541DC.jpeg

Managed to get a pic of the dog I stopped. Found out his name is Bob and he's still after Squirrels in the park. I have dubbed him Bob the squirrel killer.

Thank god he stayed still long enough for you to create this beautiful watercolour painting of him.
Yeh had to take it quickly as the owner was looking, so came out a little blurry. Did tell him before his dog was after squirrels. But looks like he's happy for Bob to chase after squirrels and not put him on a leash.

As predicted by... just about everyone.

Humans really are the worst!

Happy Caturday.
Or, for an even more seasonal version...
cat-in-pumpkin-500x450.jpg
or
77705a388da59edfddc5fa5ad786eef8.jpg

Last edited:
Well, that was... bracing.
Just done my first homemade hydrotherapy session with Beli.
Not quite deep enough, and not sure if having the pool fully full would be enough (it was fuller than this when we went in).
Quite honestly though, replacing this pool with a deeper one would cost about the same as about 3 proper hydrotherapy session (which I'm not even contemplating as I don't have a car, and the nearest place is about 7-8 miles away)
IMG_20211030_151915_9.jpg

Well, that was... bracing.
Just done my first homemade hydrotherapy session with Beli.
Not quite deep enough, and not sure if having the pool fully full would be enough (it was fuller than this when we went in).
Quite honestly though, replacing this pool with a deeper one would cost about the same as about 3 proper hydrotherapy session (which I'm not even contemplating as I don't have a car, and the nearest place is about 7-8 miles away)
View attachment 12411

Looks deep enough. Reminded me of K'eyush the Malamute's Hydrotherapy session, but your pool is much bigger.

A reminder for all fireworks going off this November that there are certain furry creatures who do not appreciate them.:mad:

Personally I think a decibel level limit should be put on publicly available fireworks (and private displays away from set dates).
That exists for exhaust pipes, music, power tools etc etc, and councils can take action at noise above 34dB (or 10dB above ambient, if that's already loud). In a world where silent fireworks exist, I see no reason for them to be so damned noisey.

When your puppy has put on a few pounds and tries to hide the evidence.:oops:

Latest posts