• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Puppy training thread.

279105334_1779238222276727_3069501859769712088_n.jpg

For no other reason, lost my best mate of nearly 15 yrs today.
He was a border collie oue 5th.
Will get another soo but not as replacement.
Training wise pick your breed that suits your lifestyle I walk 5 k plus a day as does Mrsduncanb so a collie is great for us.
RIP Blake my best friend.

Training wise pick your breed that suits your lifestyle I walk 5 k plus a day as does Mrsduncanb so a collie is great for us.
So sorry to hear your news

15 years is fantastic age for a Border Collie to reach. Just remember what a great life you and your wife gave to Blake and how happy he was.

I love Border Collie breeds. Have a special affinity to them since young and recall the neighbours' border collie Mandy sniffling her nose under the fence. Unfortunately I don't think she was treated well by them and she was looking for affection.

There's one in the park I now take my walks. Her name is Bella and she chooses people to play stick with. 🐶 Her owner is very understanding.

Really sorry to hear that. They all break your heart in the end, but a good age.

Wise words on picking a breed to suit your lifestyle. Especially with the energetic and bright border collies.

One of the kids has a young border collie. Very affectionate and quite striking looking with one blue eye and one brown. Has calmed down to be a really nice dog after being a bit of a devil as a pup.

One of our neighbours, like you, has had a series of border collies. His last one was possibly the best behaved dog I've ever met, the current one who came from the same place…..isn't.

Thanks for all comments guys.
You would think at sixty you would used to death however still a broken heart 💔 yesterday.
He came from Scotland and his sires were Mountain rescue dogs they kept 2 to train, and rest went to sale.
His favourite game was to find something that was sent marked.
Youngest son who is prison dog handler always said he was a better sniffer dog that his trained drug dog.
Could find his training packs dead easy even in old age.
Perhaps wasted as a family pet.

Heartbroken to say that we lost our big guy yesterday. We knew it was coming so had the chance to say our goodbyes properly but doesn't make it any easier.

German Shepherd / Golden Retriever cross who gave us 12 years of fun, love and glorious havoc at the epicentre of our family life.

He'll be the toughest of acts to follow. We will get another, probably a different breed, but not immediately. I know some people can but we can't.

I think that I have cried more in the last 24 hours than in the rest of my life put together.

RIP Yogi. And thanks for the memories.

Heartbroken to say that we lost our big guy yesterday. We knew it was coming so had the chance to say our goodbyes properly but doesn't make it any easier.

German Shepherd / Golden Retriever cross who gave us 12 years of fun, love and glorious havoc at the epicentre of our family life.

He'll be the toughest of acts to follow. We will get another, probably a different breed, but not immediately. I know some people can but we can't.

I think that I have cried more in the last 24 hours than in the rest of my life put together.

I'm so sorry to hear that.
He'll never be replaced, and never be forgotten, you can rest assured on that.

Others may come and others may go, but they'll all be their own selves, there'll never be another Yogi.

Sorry for your loss my 14.5 Yr old collie passed a few weeks ago.
Just about to start the search for the next 4 legged family member.
They make fantastic memories then break your heart.

I got a puppy about 9 months ago. It's doing my head in. The Mrs is happy though which is the main thing but F me, it drives me up the wall. Mad as a box of frogs but it's a ******* springer so expected.

Not looking at starting an argument (well maybe a bit) but I'm assuming most of you dog lovers are meat eaters? How do you square your morals with loving dogs so much but eating other animals? Would you ever eat dog for recreation?

Not looking at starting an argument (well maybe a bit) but I'm assuming most of you dog lovers are meat eaters? How do you square your morals with loving dogs so much but eating other animals? Would you ever eat dog for recreation?
I'm a human, which means that my ancestors have evolved of millions of years to be omnivorous. I am omnivorous.
I also like trees, and flowers, and plants - I eat them too. My loving of dogs has nothing to do with my diet, so nothing to square away.

No, dogs are one of many, many different things I choose not to eat.

If you want to start an argument, you'll have to try harder.

I'm a human, which means that my ancestors have evolved of millions of years to be omnivorous. I am omnivorous.
I also like trees, and flowers, and plants - I eat them too. My loving of dogs has nothing to do with my diet, so nothing to square away.

No, dogs are one of many, many different things I choose not to eat.

If you want to start an argument, you'll have to try harder.
I guess the bold bit is key. Can you elaborate?

We've also evolved over millions of years into extremely complex animals with morals and what not as well. Guess that's what I'm getting at. I don't really see your point about being omnivores has to do with anything?

For what it's worth I'm not vegan (though have seriously considered it) and have grown up with dogs most of my life

You've lived an amazing life if that's true. Kudos to you. Sorry about your dog.
Or maybe I just relate to animals best. Bit like the Queen.

I am a vegetarian for ethical reasons but can we take that discussion to the food thread? This one should be an outright celebration of man's best friend. Particularly in this week for me.

Or maybe I just relate to animals best. Bit like the Queen.

I am a vegetarian for ethical reasons but can we take that discussion to the food thread? This one should be an outright celebration of man's best friend. Particularly in this week for me.
Hitler as well.

Only joking, yeah that's fair.

Anyone near Lincolnshire willing to take on a half blind 3 y/o crossbreed? Recommended to have other dog(s) and children to play with.

Latest posts