• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Puppy training thread.

Colourist against black dogs known as black dog syndrome. šŸ˜”

Not watching that - risk of upset.

I think we've talked about it here before, but always worth repeating.
National Black Dog Day is 1st October to raise awareness.
National Black Cat Day is 27th October - and cats get it worse than dogs.

For the most part, black dogs find it tougher to get adopted, partly because of unconscious racism, partly conscious racism and partly "not Instagram friendly"
Cats get the same + (especially, but not uniquely in America) being actively targeted for abuse for their "association" with witchcraft and devilry. Black cats get thrown on bonfires. People swerve TO HIT black cats. Humans are fucking disgusting!

Last edited:
Not watching that - risk of upset.

I think we've talked about it here before, but always worth repeating.
National Black Dog Day is 1st October to raise awareness.
National Black Cat Day is 27th October - and cats get it worse than dogs.

For the most part, black dogs find it tougher to get adopted, partly because of unconscious racism, partly conscious racism and partly "not Instagram friendly"
Cats get the same + (especially, but not uniquely in America) being actively targeted for abuse for their "association" with witchcraft and devilry. Black cats get thrown on bonfires. People swerve TO HIT black cats. Humans are fucking disgusting!

She mentions cats as well.

She grooms Scout and thinks most black furred dogs get left in shelters (in Canada, but likely here too) largely because people are shallow and think they will be not come out well in photos. šŸ˜”

She mentions cats as well.

She grooms Scout and thinks most black furred dogs get left in shelters (in Canada, but likely here too) largely because people are shallow and think they will be not come out well in photos. šŸ˜”
It definitely is here as well, and yes, that's what I meant by "not Instagram friendly"

Obvs TRF doggy types are top class owners who wouldn't do this in a zillion years, but I will get so angry if (sadly more likely when) I read any dog locked in car in heatwave stories in the media.

As well as looking after your own pooch, look out for any hounds unlucky enough to be owned by uncaring morons. If you see something, just act.

Obvs TRF doggy types are top class owners who wouldn't do this in a zillion years, but I will get so angry if (sadly more likely when) I read any dog locked in car in heatwave stories in the media.

As well as looking after your own pooch, look out for any hounds unlucky enough to be owned by uncaring morons. If you see something, just act.
Or, for the next few days, being taken out for walks (that aren't heavily shaded with plenty of swimming/paddling places; and even then I'll be very judgemental) between 11am and 8pm.

Anyone thinking of taking their dog out for a walk in a heat wave should be made to wear a faux fur coat and no shoes, and do it themselves (without any water, and ideally with their sweat glands botoxed).

We're as prepared as we realistically can be, with the paddling pool out, complete with doggy step, parasol over the top of it, recliners placed in the shadiest parts of the garden, which will have damp towels placed on them. bag of carrots is already in the freezer, as are some gravy ice-cubes.
And I'm still worried about Monday when Ali and I will both have to overlap at work for about 5 hours - work-at-home neighbour will be looking in on them

Or, for the next few days, being taken out for walks (that aren't heavily shaded with plenty of swimming/paddling places; and even then I'll be very judgemental) between 11am and 8pm.

Anyone thinking of taking their dog out for a walk in a heat wave should be made to wear a faux fur coat and no shoes, and do it themselves (without any water, and ideally with their sweat glands botoxed).

We're as prepared as we realistically can be, with the paddling pool out, complete with doggy step, parasol over the top of it, recliners placed in the shadiest parts of the garden, which will have damp towels placed on them. bag of carrots is already in the freezer, as are some gravy ice-cubes.
And I'm still worried about Monday when Ali and I will both have to overlap at work for about 5 hours - work-at-home neighbour will be looking in on them
Top post.

What does your dog do if you kiss them on the head? šŸ¶

A - look stunned, then lick you back or Boop you.

B - cuddle up to you, as thanks.

C - look at you like you're a weirdo and trot off.

D - something else.

We had a really nasty episode at the weekend with a young border collie belonging to one of the daughters.

I'll spare you full details, but suffice to say that no-one in our family will ever throw a stick for a dog again. In catching, she ripped a blood vessel and they came very close to losing her. Thankfully dog is recovering fine, but owner is busy beating herself up for doing something that millions of people routinely do every day.

Very distressing all round. Freak incident, but valuable lesson learned.

301305556_1215060845734280_7907638369235039825_n.jpg

Latest posts