• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Puppy training thread.

Good-night, sweet queen. And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.
You will be forever in our hearts.
Guinness will show you around on the other side of the rainbow bridge - whether you want her to or not.

323244124_1168575873785472_5989457097344025440_n.jpg
322951730_903722147290616_4546851080881193994_n.jpg
323018854_1189222625020865_3114306644780011702_n.jpg
323301167_911585773555375_5131676565741359766_n.jpg
323030477_468305505461217_6963060396734883630_n.jpg

Cats 1 and A came into our lives 17 years and 2-3 months ago. Littermates, separated for the first time ever tonight.
And Mischa goes to join her sisters in a couple of hours - she's a fighter and is NOT going gently into that goodnight, but that means we had to make the decision for her.

It's ok Olive is just retiring from the big mountain walks. But stunning scenery.

The absolute joy of finding your Puppy after 3 days and it being stuck underground and digging itself out. 🐶😀

Last edited:
So our week:

Last Thursday visiting the son in Cambridgeshire we rescued a Westie who was running loose on a busy A road. Ended up taking him to Woodgreen animal shelter which is an absolutely fantastic facility. Dog and owner now reunited.

At the weekend more locally while walking our mutt, a dog was running loose on the road outside its house. We grabbed him and returned him to home.

Early this morning Mrs OH opened the door to call the cats for their breakfast, only for a lovely but hyper staffy to barge its way into our house. The cats scarpered, our dog was hugely unimpressed, but we got hold of him and took him to a 24 hour vet where one of the daughters happens to work. We didn't know him, but he had a collar and was in good condition so I'm sure it will just be a matter of time before he's happily reunited.

Over recent years we've also caught a loose Cane Corso, Belgian Shepherd and Jack Russell.

All have had happy endings, but look after your pets, people…..

Any of you put an AirTag on your dogs collar?
No, but I was thinking of getting an equivalent for the kittens once they're old enough to go outside.

Last time I looked at these things though, the range was terrible, they were too big for a cat collar, would be blocked by just about anything that the cat would get "lost" in, and were bloody expensive. That was 10-12 years ago though, and I'm sure the technology has moved on considerably.

Last edited:
Any of you put an AirTag on your dogs collar?
No, but we've thought about it. Decided it would be better to get one of the dog specific ones although haven't done anything about that yet. Most require some sort of subscription.

Just noticed that Jodie Boo who posts vids on YouTube puts one on her Malamute K'eyush. Was gonna put one on my e-bike and May still do but then got a component put on instead which has GPS and also acts as an alarm.

Airtags work with Bluetooth btw and only show location when near by other iPhones. But they are relatively cheap at £29 and it depends where you live. Better if you live in a big town as bound to be iPhones around and helps if you have one. And no subscription.

This morning's escapee now safely back with owner. So a 100% reconciliation rate!

Re AirTags, they're not trackers themselves, it's the nearest iPhone's position that would be reported, not the dog's location and they tend to move! We live in a village and do most of our walking across open country, so we figured that it wasn't the right option for us. Better than nothing but the article below articulates their limitations. Good reminder that we ought to do something though!

This morning's escapee now safely back with owner. So a 100% reconciliation rate!

Re AirTags, they're not trackers themselves, it's the nearest iPhone's position that would be reported, not the dog's location and they tend to move! We live in a village and do most of our walking across open country, so we figured that it wasn't the right option for us. Better than nothing but the article below articulates their limitations. Good reminder that we ought to do something though!

Absolutely, you need to decide if it's effective for your use case. There are downsides to them as well, as shown by them being used by stalkers to track their victims, but apple has had to include a feature for this. If you live in the countryside then no probably not useful unless you lost your dog and s/he comes across other dog walkers who happen to have iPhones with their blue tooth on.

One good thing is the battery life on them though. Not so good I read with GPS.

IMG_1991.jpeg
For those who have lost their furry babies who have crossed the rainbow bridge.

Latest posts