• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Q & A for Rugby 2006

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Jan 21 2006, 08:46 PM
A really important question that hasn't been answered yet is the ability to edit the stats of players in the game...... can you edit players this year Locks??

It would be really annoying if we have any more Luke Mcalister's this year(with shocking stats) and you cant edit them.
I second this question

Hi

Was wondering if the range of the ankle tap is a little shorter? In rugby05 one could dive from about 5 meters out and still bring the man down...

Cheers

any chance of doing a thread which you did last year for rugby 05 and doing a list of all the teams rankings?

<
<

I've been doing alot of this lately
<

I am excited about Rugby 2006

but why should i be

is it because of locks praise, saying the animations are fixed...........yes
is it because the kicking game has been revamped...........yes

<

here we go again
<

Very important question

If the rucks/mauls are still the same and semi-automatic

On higher difficulties, does the AI actually beat u at the breakdown with fair-play, or is the difficulty setting based upon the amount of ball at the breadown u receive
ie on World Class Elite is the AI just going to rort the crap out of the game and win 99% of rucks and deprive you of the ball, which is just ruining the whole experience.
I am sick to death of being a PI nation and playing England etc just get ripped off with no ball, defending the whole match etc
you know its true when u see the stats at the end of the match - possesion 90% to england 10% to PI, scoreline 7-0 PI leads.................THIS IS CRUCIAL, AND I HOPE CAN BE ANSWERED FROM SOMEONE WHOM HAS PLAYED THIS EA UNION GAME WITH UNLIMITED NRL/ESL PLAY THE BALLS

what fun is there to have if Zwicker/Heffler n Co, cant get any ball in the first season of world league on Elite level!!!

one more time
<
- get it right EA

Originally posted by ak47@Jan 24 2006, 10:54 AM
<
<

I've been doing alot of this lately
<

I am excited about Rugby 2006

but why should i be

is it because of locks praise, saying the animations are fixed...........yes
is it because the kicking game has been revamped...........yes

<

here we go again
<

Very important question

If the rucks/mauls are still the same and semi-automatic

On higher difficulties, does the AI actually beat u at the breakdown with fair-play, or is the difficulty setting based upon the amount of ball at the breadown u receive
ie on World Class Elite is the AI just going to rort the crap out of the game and win 99% of rucks and deprive you of the ball, which is just ruining the whole experience.
I am sick to death of being a PI nation and playing England etc just get ripped off with no ball, defending the whole match etc
you know its true when u see the stats at the end of the match - possesion 90% to england 10% to PI, scoreline 7-0 PI leads.................THIS IS CRUCIAL, AND I HOPE CAN BE ANSWERED FROM SOMEONE WHOM HAS PLAYED THIS EA UNION GAME WITH UNLIMITED NRL/ESL PLAY THE BALLS

what fun is there to have if Zwicker/Heffler n Co, cant get any ball in the first season of world league on Elite level!!!

one more time
<
- get it right EA
According to Knowls they've taken a leaf out of Pro Evo's book (I guess) and you keep some of the original players... hopefully you can choose.

Here's a questions for you locks. Now that you can run your fly half on to the ball, can you set him in motion and use him as a dummy runner; Then go blind side or straight to the inside centre?

Thanks,

TheDell

Originally posted by TheDell@Jan 27 2006, 10:40 AM
Here's a questions for you locks. Now that you can run your fly half on to the ball, can you set him in motion and use him as a dummy runner; Then go blind side or straight to the inside centre?

Thanks,

TheDell
Mmmm, never tried that, but my guess is no. Simply because you have to push the pass button to enable the runner to run using the analog stick. If you push up on the stick with no pass button, then the runner doesn't make a run!

hey locks, KR, or SHRLFC...got a question about the AI

does the AI Teams play like their real counterparts.???.. such as England playing a kicking game and, NZ playing a more expansive running game etc..

i really dont want to see an AI team like england doing alot offloads throughout the game against a team like NZ or SA...because in reality that does not happen.

i noticed in rugby 2005, some teams played according to their style as in real life...but not all... how about Rugby 06????

Originally posted by nik@Jan 27 2006, 03:06 PM

does the AI Teams play like their real counterparts.???.. such as England playing a kicking game and, NZ playing a more expansive running game etc..

i really dont want to see an AI team like england doing alot offloads throughout the game against a team like NZ or SA...because in reality that does not happen.

i noticed in rugby 2005, some teams played according to their style as in real life...but not all... how about Rugby 06????
<

I must praise such well-disguised and barely-noticed criticism of English rugby.

brilliant.

Originally posted by wow!aframeup!+Jan 27 2006, 05:14 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wow!aframeup! @ Jan 27 2006, 05:14 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-nik
@Jan 27 2006, 03:06 PM

<

I must praise such well-disguised and barely-noticed criticism of English rugby.

brilliant. [/b]
yeah..well thats how they play..they were shooting blanks agianst the ABs in november...ABs got penetrated only once in the game and that was in the first 2 mins of the game and thats all...

BACK to topic..i really would like to know the answer to my question...i dont want to see AI teams offloading all the time in the game in the highest difficulty...especially if the team hardly offloads in real life...like in RL1, the AI offloading was insane at the highest difficulty.

whats the sub situation? can you sub more than one player at a time? can you move players who are already on the feild?

bloody 05 nazis
<

Originally posted by sambad5@Jan 29 2006, 01:03 PM
whats the sub situation? can you sub more than one player at a time? can you move players who are already on the feild?

bloody 05 nazis
<
They had in the FAQ "Multiple Substiutions"

And couldn't you move players already on the field on Rugby 04/05? (Been awhile since I played them)

yeah you can now make multiple subs....but it doesnt say anything about changing positions during the game...might be a stupid unlockable feature.

Originally posted by nik@Jan 29 2006, 04:05 AM
but it doesnt say anything about changing positions during the game...might be a stupid unlockable feature.
That would be a stupid feature!

Yeah Nik, that is a good point about whether teams in the game will play like their game counterparts.

It is crap in '05 how every team played virtually the same.

I was hoping that EA would implement some level of strategy greater than what they did in '04 with forward, balanced or backs.

I like how in Football games (FIFA, PES) how every team will play slightly differently and you have to adjust your style of game to counter this.

loslover the 2nd coming,

"I must praise such well-disguised and barely-noticed criticism of English rugby."

It is hardly criticism is it - it sounded to me just like an observation. And the game should reflect this. I hate playing what is essentially the same team every time (different jerseys, different players - but essentially the same team playing the same style).

A couple of questions:

- in rugby 2005 it was far too easy to exploit the blind side - is the blind side better defended in rugby 06?

- is the gap between the number 13 and wing still there in 06

thanks!
<

Originally posted by BigTen@Jan 30 2006, 04:03 AM
Yeah Nik, that is a good point about whether teams in the game will play like their game counterparts.

It is crap in '05 how every team played virtually the same.

I was hoping that EA would implement some level of strategy greater than what they did in '04 with forward, balanced or backs.

I like how in Football games (FIFA, PES) how every team will play slightly differently and you have to adjust your style of game to counter this.

loslover the 2nd coming,

"I must praise such well-disguised and barely-noticed criticism of English rugby."

It is hardly criticism is it - it sounded to me just like an observation. And the game should reflect this. I hate playing what is essentially the same team every time (different jerseys, different players - but essentially the same team playing the same style).
<

I am a kiwi - I enjoyed the comment...

also, it is an insuklt in my eyes as Ionly believe in attacking rugby...thus a team that only kicks = sux.

also, in rugby 05 the teams did play differently!! England kick a lot, france run it a LOT, so do Fiji etc....wales are quite attacking too.....I still play it, so I can verify this as fact.

the blindside is too easy - yesm good to see someone worked out other ways of attacking...there are plenty, but yes, the bs was certainly on of the goodies...
<
....making the signs of when to go bs less obvious would be nice...I agree.

agaun though, the claims re" playing styles of 05 is untrue...so I also doubt it applies to its enhanced older brother 06.

My video store better get RC2006, I am not buying it.

Yes, teams played differently in 05. No doubt they will in this installment as well...

England ALWAYS kicked from in their 22 (unless they've got seconds left and need a try or something) and often just outside it as well... This is one of my favourite aspects of Rugby 2005. If the AI was better I would have played it for much longer... Just imagine, France are pinned down in their own 22 with possession, your wingers drop back, and they decide to run it, they offload, sidestep, fend etc. their way 50 metres up the field... Sublime. It ****** me off in Rugby 05 how a player would have a clean run in front of them and support with them, and they come back into the defense and get hammered, slowing the play down... Frustrating. I love it when the AI scores superbly against me (very rarely happens)... A sign of a truly classy game...

Latest posts