• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Q & A for Rugby 2006

the cpu is brilliant, i can put it on a medium difficult setting and rtheyll score tries from no where!

Originally posted by tigre0392@Feb 11 2006, 10:22 PM
rugby 2006 is more hard that rugby 2005 please
Yes, the computer controlled attack and defence is a lot better which makes the game harder overall.

Originally posted by toup+Feb 12 2006, 01:00 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-lionmaul
@Feb 11 2006, 12:59 PM
MAULS????Are there any set plays to set up mauls? I know there are alot of added set plays, it would be cool to have an intentional attempt to set up a maul, it happens all the time in rugby, that is part of the Pumas set plays. If not I do think they should add this to the next game, it seams like it would be fairly simple. Please check through all the plays, as I know it was in the lineout set plays.
You've asked this in 2 threads?!? Answer is still no... only from lineouts [/b]
And guess what brother, if I feel like asking in another thread I will. ;)

Originally posted by lewseys got it covered@Feb 12 2006, 01:13 AM
the cpu is brilliant, i can put it on a medium difficult setting and rtheyll score tries from no where!
I know - the AI is amazing in attack and also varies the way it attacks i.e hitting it up wit the forwards then spreading it wide. Loving it!!

However I don;'t think the AI defence is that much better although the gap and diagonol running problems arn't as bad. I find it depends on the defending stats of the AI team. i.e good defenders keep a much more soplid line. great stuff!

just a quick question, thought i would put it here rather than make a new thread

do we have to go through the training like we did in last years game?

I've heard for almost certain that it's there but you can skip it if you want to.

as long as you can skip it thats all i care about

not that it took to long to get past it anyway

Originally posted by woosaah@Feb 13 2006, 05:19 PM
as long as you can skip it thats all i care about

not that it took to long to get past it anyway
You can defnitely skip the tutorial this time round.

I've only played a couple of games and I noted that the mauls don't always start rolling (PC Version). You can do a set play from a maul but no set plays to set up a maul. R06 is much harder than 05. On the Elite level you need to play tactical and not take unecessary chances because it will turn into points for the opposition. I'm finding the timing of the scrums very difficult. So much so I am suspecting my gamepad is buggered. The diagonal running thing gets you far up the field but you'll get turned over anyway so it doesn't really pay off.

On the pc version can you change the key config on the keyboard this time around, because if you dont have the right keyboard you cant use the spacebar to sprint left.

Originally posted by EVOL@Feb 13 2006, 12:50 PM
are there still cutscenes with pushing and shoving etc, i really enjoyed that about 05
Yeah, they are there - one of them I have seen is Jonny Wilkinson getting pushed to the floor :lol:

Originally posted by EVOL@Feb 14 2006, 12:50 AM
are there still cutscenes with pushing and shoving etc, i really enjoyed that about 05
there's one scene of some punching

some dude lying on the ground with another on top throwing them into his ear/side of head

then he gets pushed away by the opposition and its push en shove with ref coming in whislting, and crowd whislting and booing, and everyones excited, players, ref, commentary

great stuff really

Gidday, can someone please explain the system for choosing setplays?

I saw in a screenshot of a menu showing just 8 to choose from. Are they 8 that you can choose whilst playing the game?

Can you choose from all 25 prior to playing matches?

etc. etc.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Gandalf@Jan 22 2006, 07:32 PM
Hi

Was wondering if the range of the ankle tap is a little shorter? In rugby05 one could dive from about 5 meters out and still bring the man down...

Cheers
i second this question.

For me this was the ruination of R2205. If this ONE thing has been fixed then I am satisfied.

Could never play multiplayer with such a hard tackling system that was unreal.

Also can you do gang tackles. After the first initial tackle can you put more players flying in for their hits. I sense I already know the answer.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@Feb 21 2006, 02:21 PM

For me this was the ruination of R2205. If this ONE thing has been fixed then I am satisfied.

Is this the rugby played with an exploding ball by cybernetic playerson on 2 sq. km pitches

Originally posted by MCab+Feb 21 2006, 02:33 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@Feb 21 2006, 02:21 PM

For me this was the ruination of R2205.  If this ONE thing has been fixed then I am satisfied.

Is this the rugby played with an exploding ball by cybernetic playerson on 2 sq. km pitches [/b]
:lol: :lol:

True true!

ok......spelling correction.....R2205 should be R2005 lol!

Good spotting MCab!

L! Glad you took it in good humor. Looks like I needed some punctuation myself.

Hey, my mauls won't push. And I'm playing SA vs Russia, for goodness sakes. What's the deal? Oh, and I'm on broadcast view (yes, you heard that right).

i played on broadcast view ( r2005) last night and its pretty cool actually, nice and close up

Latest posts