• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Q & A with Alastair - The Answer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I am getting at is that there is a very very small diff in the two rankings.1.01 points to be exact. So if you based it on the IRB rankings I guess there will be very little diff between SA and AUS. Also editing will not help for online play, will it.
Thanks for your reply.
I know this game will be epic.

The rankings of the teams rating wise matches the IRB rankings in terms of who is best, but for example Australia aren't necessarily rated 87 nor are South Africa an 86.

NZ are highest at 91, Aus are 89, SAF 88 etc. all the way down to the lowest rank Namibia which I believe are a 56.

HB_Glen - when place kicking and youve done the place kick, does the camera follow the ball to the posts like previous rugby games or does the camera remain at the kicking tee or behind the player, so we can see the kick go through the posts at a distance like we see on tv? cheers.:)

I believe the camera tilts up to track the ball, not sure that it zooms in though.

AJ, Glen and everyone at HB I have to say, great job! game sounds awesome and very promising! And it's extremely cool how you guys take time to answer the people that play your games. It's very comforting to know that our ideas are actually looked at and considered, so thanks a lot. I have to say, there is only one thing I'm extremely dissapointed about (aside from no ABs or Wallabies) is that you've kept the maximum positions per player at 3. This is going to be extremely annoying for guys like James O'Connor, Kurtley Beale, Francois Steyn, Riaan Viljoen, Brad Barrit, Francois Hougaard etc. Please in future games can you make 4 or 5 possible positions?

Something we may consider for future rugby games that we may develop and it has been mentioned on the forums is a Utility Back position. I think that would be the likely scenario we would pursue.

I think the omission of online leaderboards is a huge decision. The shelf life of this game I think is already in the balance post World Cup and without the leaderboards I think there's no incentive for the average gamer to keep playing and the game will soon be in the bargain bins. Do you think Call of Duty would be as successful without stat tracking?

It's all very well saying TRF will provide comps, ladders etc but I'd like to think the potential audience is a little wider than TRF.

In this day and age, online play is massive and even if the gameplay is awesome, people now also need a "reason" to play.

Totally understand your perspective. We would have liked to get leader boards in but it simply fell out of scope for us for this version.

We've been talking about DLC for this game as recently as last year. Over the course of development, our plan for DLC changed. Our focus now that we are nearing the completion of the development work on RWC2011 will not be on DLC that would be released into the RWC 2011 game.[/QUOTE]

Does this refer to the club teams being in the game after the rugby world cup?
You simply can't have a rugby game without club teams

Also, can you change nationalities for some players with the residential rule
example Rickard Strauss(South African) qualifies to play for Ireland after world cup.
Would this have to be applied manually or will there be updates available.

Keep up the good work.

Last edited:
The rankings of the teams rating wise matches the IRB rankings in terms of who is best, but for example Australia aren't necessarily rated 87 nor are South Africa an 86.

NZ are highest at 91, Aus are 89, SAF 88 etc. all the way down to the lowest rank Namibia which I believe are a 56.

So Ireland are the 4th best team in the game? :) Thats slightly generous :p

I think for the moment, with this genre of game being somewhat 'throwaway' after the event, it's best to get the engine down and design aspects and see how the game sells on it's merits.

I would like to think that if the game is successful and i'm sure it will be fairly successful, it will warrant a global club version.. which is what the genre is crying out for. Fifa or PES, but for Rugby Union.

I think for the moment, with this genre of game being somewhat 'throwaway' after the event, it's best to get the engine down and design aspects and see how the game sells on it's merits.

I would like to think that if the game is successful and i'm sure it will be fairly successful, it will warrant a global club version.. which is what the genre is crying out for. Fifa or PES, but for Rugby Union.

We have zero guarantee of another rugby game before the next world cup. Feet on the ground guys, this and RC could be all we get.

I'd love that not to be true but the fact expectation is building for a nonexistent ***le before we've even seen this one is a bit mental.

Any new info about North American console release?

Rugger4Loife - add me guys. I am good player of Rugby games, no one has beaten me yet lol I'm sure this will happen on here but I need the challengers first!! :)

Count me in, you havnt played me yet lets get it on.

HB vs TRF competition?

Well its Even at the moment, as we have played one half and it was a draw...

When's the rematch?

Also would tidying this thread help people find the answers?

would be a good idea to take all the questions and answers and put them on one page.

The thread does have a good flow but this will get tidied up this weekend

Thank You Alastair for spending your evening with us on The Rugby Forum, great thread with lots of answers, which will probably bring more questions.

Personally I am starting to feel a real buzz about this game, I can't wait to get my hands on it again, and play it until my fingers bleed.
I like what you said " I am starting to feel a real buzz about this game, I can't wait to get my hands on it again, and play it until my fingers bleed. " ha ha ha. That will be a ditto for me too ! This game will be epic ! Looking forward to the fast flowing rugby and especially looking forward to the new ruck mechanic, i think it'll be great ! cheers.

Will RWC 11 have all the players from the 50-man traning squad or just the 30-man squad the coaches pick for the world cup??

as has been said before it wil have a 30 man squad you can choose from. which what i take is the 30 man squad that is given to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts