• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quarter Final Scenarios

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Jan 20 2010, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Munster vs Leinster final please[/b]

Leinster - Can do it, the seem to be getting better but 5 months is a long time to keep a run of form.
Munster - Looking a lot better then they really are purely because Paul Warwick is such an outstanding player. Maybe not this week, maybe not in the quarters, but SOMEBODY will beat them en-route to the final.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 20 2010, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (King D'arcy @ Jan 20 2010, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Munster vs Leinster final please[/b]

Leinster - Can do it, the seem to be getting better but 5 months is a long time to keep a run of form.
Munster - Looking a lot better then they really are purely because Paul Warwick is such an outstanding player. Maybe not this week, maybe not in the quarters, but SOMEBODY will beat them en-route to the final.
[/b][/quote]
Warwick playing well but wouldn't say he is the only one. But I glad we seen like that as Leinster were last year and look what happened there!!!!!

Strange to think if Contepomi didnt get injured in Croker Sexton wouldn't be as advanced in his career as he is now.
It all about finding form at right time. Munster were untouchable last season until mid April but peaked to early while Leinster peaked at perfect time. And deservedly whipped us that day.

That's true enough, you do need to time it right, but I'm wondering if more is being made of beating a frankly inept Treviso (whom I admit I got it very wrong about how they'd get on) by only 5 scores: Only one of which coming in the 2nd half despite still keeping a pretty much full strength team on-field until the last quarter of an hour. Not as though they can blame being tired out and "rustiness" for all the silly mistakes isn't a good enough excuse. I genuinely believe as things stand they're not firing anywhere well enough to be still in it when they "hit form".

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 20 2010, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
That's true enough, you do need to time it right, but I'm wondering if more is being made of beating a frankly inept Treviso (whom I admit I got it very wrong about how they'd get on) by only 5 scores: Only one of which coming in the 2nd half despite still keeping a pretty much full strength team on-field until the last quarter of an hour. Not as though they can blame being tired out and "rustiness" for all the silly mistakes isn't a good enough excuse. I genuinely believe as things stand they're not firing anywhere well enough to be still in it when they "hit form".[/b]
Treviso have been a lot more competitive this years than others years especially at home and we go over and beat tham by 37 points while leinster struggle to get a bonus point at home asainst a Brive side with 0 points in the competition so far and yet you still see them as favourites to get to the final???...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 20 2010, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 20 2010, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's true enough, you do need to time it right, but I'm wondering if more is being made of beating a frankly inept Treviso (whom I admit I got it very wrong about how they'd get on) by only 5 scores: Only one of which coming in the 2nd half despite still keeping a pretty much full strength team on-field until the last quarter of an hour. Not as though they can blame being tired out and "rustiness" for all the silly mistakes isn't a good enough excuse. I genuinely believe as things stand they're not firing anywhere well enough to be still in it when they "hit form".[/b]
Treviso have been a lot more competitive this years than others years especially at home and we go over and beat tham by 37 points while leinster struggle to get a bonus point at home asainst a Brive side with 0 points in the competition so far and yet you still see them as favourites to get to the final???...
[/b][/quote]

*cough*Because we're champions and we're awesome.*cough*

Mite, if you are judging who will win the comp based on how they play against Treviso/Brive you are looking at it the wrong way.

Last year, Munster destroyed Montauban away, Sale and then the Ospreys, and then were destroyed by Leinster, a team that didn't get a BP at home to Castres and won their QF very narrowly.

Mite also does that mean Northampton are playing terrible as they struggled to beat Treviso away ?????

And Munster arent firing on all cylinders yet .... It only January B) We play until May :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 20 2010, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[/b][/quote]

If you recall, I said that myself in the buildup and fully expected them to give Munster a decent run-out. What happened however is the Italians rolled over and allowed some very basic backlines moves to look like something the All Blacks at full strength would cook up against a minnow nation.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jw6Vx3p00BQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jw6Vx3p00BQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seriously, I've seen less space in Rugby League or Sevens. Even my touch rugby team could have scored a couple of those. Hell, even I could have scored Earls first when I'm really fat and slow!

I'm not even attempting to point out that it was entirely down to the weather that Saints didn't get a BP win or any reason at all why USAP went home with nothing, Treviso clearly must've wanted it for those fixtures (as also shown in the 1st half of the Thomond Park fixture), but I'm not buying this "Munster were Rusty" as an excuse. They should have scored much more to lay down a real marker given the opportunity, instead they took the "that'll do" approach.

Even if they win on Friday then win again in the Quarters, until they actually go out and play like they're hyped up for (which we've only seen glimpses of in the USAP away fixture - They were actually quite poor at Thomond against the French), consider me underwhelmed.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 21 2010, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 20 2010, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

If you recall, I said that myself in the buildup and fully expected them to give Munster a decent run-out. What happened however is the Italians rolled over and allowed some very basic backlines moves to look like something the All Blacks at full strength would cook up against a minnow nation.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jw6Vx3p00BQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jw6Vx3p00BQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Seriously, I've seen less space in Rugby League or Sevens. Even my touch rugby team could have scored a couple of those. Hell, even I could have scored Earls first when I'm really fat and slow!

I'm not even attempting to point out that it was entirely down to the weather that Saints didn't get a BP win or any reason at all why USAP went home with nothing, Treviso clearly must've wanted it for those fixtures (as also shown in the 1st half of the Thomond Park fixture), but I'm not buying this "Munster were Rusty" as an excuse. They should have scored much more to lay down a real marker given the opportunity, instead they took the "that'll do" approach.

Even if they win on Friday then win again in the Quarters, until they actually go out and play like they're hyped up for (which we've only seen glimpses of in the USAP away fixture - They were actually quite poor at Thomond against the French), consider me underwhelmed.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah we weren't on form that is our whole point !!! We haven't played to our potential yet but are progressing in right direction. But if you seen how much the players lost over Christmas (Lack of game time & training in gyms), it was obvious they were under-cooked vs Treviso and did enough.
But regards your point on Munster laying down marker, the Munster way is simple just get the win then if possible the BP and well we never lay down a marker as such (although 6 try's away from home is nice) :rolleyes:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 21 2010, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 20 2010, 10:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]
I just think we are getting more critisism than leinster and they struggled to roll over a pretty s*** Brive team...

well that's not how it played out in the media, Sky and the papers were creaming themselves over the Munster performance, didn't have much positives to say about Leinster.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 21 2010, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
well that's not how it played out in the media, Sky and the papers were creaming themselves over the Munster performance, didn't have much positives to say about Leinster.[/b]
I know the media just licked our asses but all ye TRFians are giving us plenty of s***

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Jan 21 2010, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Jan 21 2010, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well that's not how it played out in the media, Sky and the papers were creaming themselves over the Munster performance, didn't have much positives to say about Leinster.[/b]
I know the media just licked our asses but all ye TRFians are giving us plenty of s***
[/b][/quote]

well I think it's just Mite so no need to tar us all with the same brush.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Jan 21 2010, 10:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He's just getting himself hyped up for his visit to Thomand Park.[/b]
He's in North Terrace tommorow so he'd wana be hyped as boys hopping the walls will be hyped too :lol: :lol: :lol:

But hope we get a cracking game tomorrow and Lawes at 6 vs Quinny oh I licking my lips :D

And Best to come off bench it'll be like Thrilla in Manilla again :p

Latest posts