• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Question For Trev : Patch

S

Sweep

Hello Trev.

I know this question may come a little early but with the release date being targeted at mid-november, I suppose that the game will shortly become gold

Do you plan to create a Patch for Rugby Challenge 2006 to deal with the known glitches that can't be corrected before the game's release ?

Thank you for your answer

Sweep

Um, not sure whether they'd be thinking about that yet. We'll have to wait. To be honest I'm not sure it will need a patch. Sure if it can include jumping in the game then go ahead, but definately too early to ask.

What a bizarre question to be asked BEFORE we have even finished the game. We never 'plan' to release patches.
<

We would only release a patch to fix a major game bug. We do not release patches to change/add features or extend the game. That causes lots of problems with our IP ownership. We have to get buy-in from our publisher to release patches too. I know some developers do this, but it's generally not our policy.

That all sounds a bit negative, but it's not meant that way. We endeavour to deliver you a fun game out of the box. Anyway, I am sure some techno wizard will hack our file format in no time and mod it to death.
<

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish@Oct 5 2005, 06:15 AM
That all sounds a bit negative, but it's not meant that way. We endeavour to deliver you a fun game out of the box. Anyway, I am sure some techno wizard will hack our file format in no time and mod it to death.
<
so the file format is not that hard to crack then
<

could be good times ahead guys on the mod front

Originally posted by esoj+Oct 5 2005, 09:26 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Oct 5 2005, 09:26 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Trev@Swordfish
@Oct 5 2005, 06:15 AM

<
so the file format is not that hard to crack then
<

could be good times ahead guys on the mod front [/b]
yipee...

one more strange question for you trev...

is there anyway you guys could buy rugby 2005 or any other rugby game and with your developer skills take some stuff out from that game and copy it and make a game...without licensing..more on gameplay?

if you guys could do it...why dont you take all the good ideas from all the rugby games, including your own, to make a rugby game.

Strange idea... but to be honest it is still sane! Yeah I suppose it would be possible. Take all the positive aspects of all rugby games and add a few more original things in and you've got one good game.

No, there wouldn't be any... if you remove all the licences and just have game modes and gameplay 'similar' to the best from any rugby game then there would be none... just rename the modes and you are fine.

Not only should there be the best from each rugby game there should also be some from the Rugby Manager games, again just rename the game modes and remove all licences.

Latest posts