• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Question to Australians.

K

kyryllo

I decided to go to Australia for a semester next year. Previously I wanted to go to Rome got a place but the Uni is too chaotic and the city too expensive so I dumped it.

My university has a partnership with the following in Australia
Victoria University, Melbourne
University of the Sunshine Coast, Maroochydore
Griffith University, Brisbane

I don't have to pay any fees on these and will receive around AU$950 of a scolarship from the german education department plus plane ticket to Australia and back home. I'm studying sport science and media/communications.

My question is if any body could give me some info on the schools and the living costs in the cities (I'm leaning towards Brisbane or Melbourne), or anything else I should know.

Thanks in advance.

Maroochydore is beautiful.
Brisbane is a wonderful, laidback city.
Melbourne is a mecca for shopping.

All are great places in their own respect and are pretty close to being as expensive as each other.

Take the chance and go to Brisbane!

what i wonderful position you are in!!..i would say brisbane aswell,the city life is awesome as well as a great study environment(goldcoast is down the road if you want some r & r)...aww man hopefully im in the situation next year!!!

my family over there have got it good..living cost are not that bad and if you are looking for side work then jobs pay reasonably well...one of the main reasons kiwis move over there..but yeh studies first i would say brisbane being the place it is..opportunities are wide and open for ya

I decided to go to Australia for a semester next year. Previously I wanted to go to Rome got a place but the Uni is too chaotic and the city too expensive so I dumped it.

My university has a partnership with the following in Australia
Victoria University, Melbourne
University of the Sunshine Coast, Maroochydore
Griffith University, Brisbane

I don't have to pay any fees on these and will receive around AU$950 of a scolarship from the german education department plus plane ticket to Australia and back home. I'm studying sport science and media/communications.

My question is if any body could give me some info on the schools and the living costs in the cities (I'm leaning towards Brisbane or Melbourne), or anything else I should know.

Thanks in advance.
[/b]
I'm going to Griffith, great campus! :D

All I can say is that I'm insanely jealous. I've always dreamed of living in Australia...never been, so not sure where the obsession started.
Go, have fun, live the dream, and bag you some aussie tail!

Latest posts