• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quick lineouts

RichT1944

Academy Player
What are the rules on the above.
In the Scotland v England game, an England clearance kick goes into touch, it is caught by a ball boy who gives it to a Scottish player who then changes it for a dry ball and takes a quick line out when the lineout had not been formed and a try is scored.

Pretty sure if it happens the way youve said its not allowed...so open play and no one formed?

What are the rules on the above.
In the Scotland v England game, an England clearance kick goes into touch, it is caught by a ball boy who gives it to a Scottish player who then changes it for a dry ball and takes a quick line out when the lineout had not been formed and a try is scored.
that wasn't a quick throw in. By law, a lineout only requires two players from each team.

Yeah. Scot took the lineout quickly but I don't think it's classed as a quick lineout.

As said above, there was an English player in the line and 2-3 Scottish ones so lineout "formed".
Thought it was also neat of Turner to throw over the Touch judges head - extra surprise!

It wasn't illegal.

Unlike the durty taffs in 2011 which was totally illegal.

We werent set up properly but if we had the right amount of players in then he is good to throw right? Im not sure though.

Either way Itoje shoots out the line but Isiekwe doesnt stay on his man as he is looking at the tackle, if he stayed on his man the offload would have been impossible or smuthered straight away. It is a 3 vs 3 and even though itoje shoots out the line and could have caused a dog leg, Graham runs on Iseikwe's outside between him and the outside man.

God i hate being in that position marchant was in. So hard to make the perfect decision when theres that much space.

looks fine to me, took it from the mark, there are at least 2 english with a third arriving