• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quick pen problems

G

gallopaway

<
The quick lineout and penalties feature in rugby 06 sounds great but.....
In 2005 the computer hardly ever gave away any penalties so unless things are different in 06 we are never really gonna use the quick penalty option
<

so hopefully we would be able to use these new features often in 06

cheers
mike

Penalty's against the AI would be great and all but when it comes to the point where the AI does nothing but cheat is a worry.

But I highly doubt that :p

i love the satisfaction of regaining the ball after handling in the ruck, happens bout once every 10 goes though!!! and i never get binned for it!

Generally dont use the quick penalty as the computer is pretty set before you can take it. Add to that your completely static and its takes some doing to get going and you pretty much get tackled before you can do anything. Could be because im crap but anyhoo.

I find it more valuable to take the punt and then win the easy lineout.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Feb 7 2006, 06:11 AM
Generally dont use the quick penalty as the computer is pretty set before you can take it. Add to that your completely static and its takes some doing to get going and you pretty much get tackled before you can do anything. Could be because im crap but anyhoo.

are u suggesting the feature is pointless

surely its effective in 2 player?

Originally posted by ak47+Feb 7 2006, 09:07 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Feb 7 2006, 06:11 AM

are u suggesting the feature is pointless

surely its effective in 2 player? [/b]
Not really very effective no as the opposition is pretty much set so you dont really catch them off guard. The opposition start running as soon as your foot touches the ball, but your still in an animation. I find the only way to make anything of it is to run sideways straight away or you get hammered. Quick line outs are better although the ai intercept some of them.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Feb 7 2006, 08:19 PM

Quick line outs are better although the ai intercept some of them.
howzit

in quick lineouts do you have control of the player so you can pick up the ball after its been kicked out or does the closest player automatically get the ball to do a quick line out?

Originally posted by gallopaway+Feb 7 2006, 08:40 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Feb 7 2006, 08:19 PM

Quick line outs are better although the ai intercept some of them.
howzit

in quick lineouts do you have control of the player so you can pick up the ball after its been kicked out or does the closest player automatically get the ball to do a quick line out? [/b]
A player just goes for it and you can then press ( I think square ) to do a quick throw in. They just seem to happen when they feel like it for me but then again I wasnt paying a massive amount of attention to the feature.

Latest posts