• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quick Question About Licencing

Zog

Academy Player
Country Flag
Burundi
Club or Nation
Northampton
I was wondering if in a similar way to how past EA Rugby games have covered the issue, does this game still have the teams it couldn't get licenses for but with fake kits and badges etc.? Most specifically the missing national teams and South African Super XV sides, just worried about the serious gaps the game could have in it if this isn't the case.

Oh and feel free to remove this thread if this issue has already been covered several times, which I'm sure it has.

There are no club teams in the game, only the 20 World Cup participants. If any of these teams are unlicenced (most notably Australia and New Zealand), they will still appear in the, albeit with flags instead of crests, different player names, etc.

I expect it's along those lines. To give you an idea, the England team in RC has an all white kit with a big red St. Georges Cross emblazoned across the chest.

Attachments

• engrckit.jpg
    engrckit.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 64
There are no club teams in the game, only the 20 World Cup participants. If any of these teams are unlicenced (most notably Australia and New Zealand), they will still appear in the, albeit with flags instead of crests, different player names, etc.

This is the Sidhe game. :D

In terms of Clubs like the South African Super XV teams, they are the names of the cities, and its not called SupeRugby in the game.

In terms of Countries there jersey's are represented by a St Georges Cross, and the stadiums are South West London etc... As for international players, I am not sure I think South Africa are fully fictional... as for the others maybe Mario could confirm this?

Is it fictional with names such as like Ryan Banana, instead of Habana but with all of Habana's attributes and the ability to edit his name? Or totally fictional players?

Is it fictional with names such as like Ryan Banana, instead of Habana but with all of Habana's attributes and the ability to edit his name? Or totally fictional players?

Our made up sides bear no relation to any real teams.

Where licences are lacking for sides and player likenesses numbers are made up with made up players and teams.

So do players like Toby Flood et al appear in the England Squad?

So do players like Toby Flood et al appear in the England Squad?

As far as I know....he/Toby Flood/all real players will not be in the squad...but (because they are licensed in the aviva competition) you can easily rotate them with the 'fake' players. This counts for all teams etc.

Milla/Mario can maybe just confirm.

As far as I know....he/Toby Flood/all real players will not be in the squad...but (because they are licensed in the aviva competition) you can easily rotate them with the 'fake' players. This counts for all teams etc.

Milla/Mario can maybe just confirm.

Actually I think I heard on Mystics videos from the Dublin gameplay event that the real players will be in the non-licenced international sides, who's kits will all represent their nations flag (something I can't help but dread about the welsh one :p could end up looking a bit tacky). Apparently it's something to do with them having the licences to the club teams, so have them for the players. I might be wrong about this, will have to re-watch the video to check.

Actually I think I heard on Mystics videos from the Dublin gameplay event that the real players will be in the non-licenced international sides, who's kits will all represent their nations flag (something I can't help but dread about the welsh one :p could end up looking a bit tacky). Apparently it's something to do with them having the licences to the club teams, so have them for the players. I might be wrong about this, will have to re-watch the video to check.
That'd be mad if true, considering that HB have the licenses to the majority of "Player likenesses" - Bit of a pisstake if they just stick the actual players in the squad...

That'd be mad if true, considering that HB have the licenses to the majority of "Player likenesses" - Bit of a pisstake if they just stick the actual players in the squad...

It is true. Reports say that the Irish team in game at the dublin hands on event had the current players as they were licenced in Munster and what not. Just has no official logo/jersey/stadia.

its an understandable loop-hole. The players are already in the game, they are English... so they will play for England. HB has the licence on the "official" english team, but as this is not the official just a made up one to represent the country of england. sidhe can populate it with whatever players they want (or the user wants, can edit nationality and make lumo an englishman if you so wish) with any players in their database, be it a licenced player or made up.

as for jerseys repping the flags... cant wait to see the welsh dragon :p

Meh, I think the whole licensing situation is a bit of a pisstake <_< would've been awesome if both games could have shared licenses, so that gameplay would be the core of comparing the two, but was never gonna happen.

How is it a pisstake? As Billy said, the Irish team is picked from club players. You can license a jersey and crest but not a country as such.

Latest posts