• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Quitters

Hurricane Nate

Academy Player
Country Flag
New Zealand
Assuming that Rugby 2012 is online they must do something about those who can't handle losing and quit. Tis a big problem in RLL and it almost makes it unplayable online as you have to hold back to keep people on which is just crap really (especially when you go 12-0 if the first 3 mins). Simply giving quitters losses and the other player a win would be enough to solve it for me. Maybe chuckin in quitting percentages on players so I can atleast avoid them (or have the last 5 results from players i.e W,W,QUIT,L,QUIT). Maybe this is where player leagues come in so you only play against similarly ranked players and you don't get the mismatches. Needs sorting, not just a "you'll never stop it so why bother". It kills RLL online, I don't want to see HB do the same with Rugby 2012.

Yeah, great idea! i've seen other games that give the quitter a loss and the other player a win. but also give everyone a DNF (Did not finish) percentage. this would prevent players from quitting, and would stop people bothering to play against someone who always quits when losing.

How about... If a disconnection happens then the CPU A.I. just takes over to finish the game... and whatever the result is, the result is.

Understandable problem, but then factor in connection problems - If the ISP is playing up, people aren't going to react well to being stung. Especially as it's likely a lot more people will be playing each other from halfway around the world then ***les such as Fifa.

It's a tricky balencing act.

I think they should take Madden NFL's system: The player who has remained in the game gets 3 options when the opponents quits 1.Finish game vs cpu, 2. Quit and count result as it is, 3.Quit and don't count result.

I think they should take Madden NFL's system: The player who has remained in the game gets 3 options when the opponents quits 1.Finish game vs cpu, 2. Quit and count result as it is, 3.Quit and don't count result.

That seems pretty fair... There's always gonna be issues with online play and quitters so as long as there's more than just a nothing result i'd be happy

Latest posts