• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Rainbow Cup Pre Season Discussion Thread

What i came here for is this, the uk just announced the lifting of the lockdown.
As far as I'm aware the lockdowns easing off in the UK are an internal thing and international travel rules are completely separate (if anything it seems like restrictions on international travel are getting stricter atm)

I believe, at the moment, no one can enter the UK from South Africa unless they are a UK passport holder or have a permanent visa - and even then have to quarantine and pass multiple tests.

Rainbow Cup to start this month with final call on South African sides to come https://the42.ie/5407204

So absolutely no change from what the official position was before the weekend.

It's one week later, and still no change! :cool:

The local matches will continue, it's more to do with the SA sides being allowed to travel north, and is still awaiting a final answer from the English and Welsh Rugby unions where they would be staying.

The local matches will continue, it's more to do with the SA sides being allowed to travel north, and is still awaiting a final answer from the English and Welsh Rugby unions where they would be staying.
Why do we need to stay in England? Why do we need permission from them? Cant we just go directly to Ireland

Why do we need to stay in England? Why do we need permission from them? Cant we just go directly to Ireland
I think Ireland have pretty strict rules atm too - just had a quick google and it looks like they're doing a 2 week quarantine for anyone coming in from RSA, and pro sports don't come under the list of reasons they'll allow entry for atm anyway

There has been no reports yet from our side to withdraw from the rainbow cup yet... Hopefully that means that there is another plan in motion?

Is it true that they couldn't get support from the British government to allow them to base themselves in the UK without needing to quarantine?

I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.
It's insinuated yes...

Is it true that they couldn't get support from the British government to allow them to base themselves in the UK without needing to quarantine?

I'm pretty sure I read that somewhere.

According to the article they enquired about 16 different locations across Ireland, the UK and even the Middle East but none proved possible.

Latest posts