• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

RC2006 Editing

Is it worth spending time making mods for this game?

• Yes - I'm interested in modding the game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - I want to download mods

• No - I'm not interested at all

• Total voters
L

lazy_chesnut

I recently borrowed a copy of WCR off my friend and found out that it was remarkably easy to edit the kits and players in the game, and wondered if there was much of a desire for mods for Rugby games.

I did a lot of work on Rugby 2005 when it came out. I created the Player Editor and did a fair bit in terms of getting together people to get the game modded. I worked with Dahrf and Fraser Davidson for a while......and then it all seemed to go a bit stale.

What I am basically asking, is do you want people to spend time making mods for RC2006? Is there a "market" for it? Are you likely to become involved in modding? Do you download other people's mods? Do you want to play the game as it comes?

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Dec 1 2005, 02:01 AM
I recently borrowed a copy of WCR off my friend and found out that it was remarkably easy to edit the kits and players in the game, and wondered if there was much of a desire for mods for Rugby games.

I did a lot of work on Rugby 2005 when it came out. I created the Player Editor and did a fair bit in terms of getting together people to get the game modded. I worked with Dahrf and Fraser Davidson for a while......and then it all seemed to go a bit stale.

What I am basically asking, is do you want people to spend time making mods for RC2006? Is there a "market" for it? Are you likely to become involved in modding? Do you download other people's mods? Do you want to play the game as it comes?
Lazy can I say that your programs were the one reason that I played rugby 2005 longer than two weeks. Your player editor was brilliant, and has made the game much more playable. All I can say is please keep up the good work for both rugby challenge 2006 and the new EA rugby 2006 which I am sure will be in dire need of modding! I recon you';l need to create another player editor for ea rugby 2006 at the very least.

Cheers

I downloaded everything available for Rugby 2005, and would do the same for any future releases.

For RC2006, I would be particularly interested in Southern Hemisphere kits, which obviously won't be licensed, as the the NH kits produced were excellent.

I would definately download mods, and would be willing to help, although sure there are a lot of people out there who would be a lot more use! I agree that SH kits and names etc are an immediate priority, as it would make the game more complete. Obviously everyone wants to play straight away but later on then kits etc become important.

Depending on whether I get this for PC or not, I would be very interested in downloading mods for it...Particularly SH kits.

If you redid the Super 12/14 I think there would be huge demand. That would probably be the main reason that I would get this game for PC.

I'll do the same thing I did with Rugby2005 if I have time (find modding methods, organize things a bit).

unless nobody cares of course.

Official Super 14 jerseys / Tri Nations jerseys and we'd be set. As JJ said there'd be a huge demand for that.

I'm an editor for PES games and I'm quite good at kit graphics so count me in!

I created an option file editor for PES/WE series ( WeOptEditor )... So, why not doing one for RC2k6.

Latest posts