• Yes it is amazing

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes it is a good game

• Not sure, could have been a bit better

• No not up to it

• No terrible, what were they doing in between World Championship Rugby and RC2006!

• Total voters
I've only had Half a game on multiplayer, but I voted in the poll anyway.

and what does "Not sure, good have been a bit better" mean? I read it wrong and I read it as "Good, but could have been better.

Originally posted by esoj+Feb 4 2006, 02:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Feb 4 2006, 02:48 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Trev@Swordfish
@Feb 4 2006, 12:53 PM
@esoj ... I think I read in another thread that you had voted here - but readily admit that you have not played the game.

If that's true - I can't figure that out dude.

Has anyone else voted without playing it? Just interested as I want to share these results with the team that wrote the game.

Anyway ... glad you enjoyed BLIC. I'm assuming you liked that one? 
<
that was a joke trev. I didn't vote. that was a stab at knowsley and some others.

man I love blic . quality game. I may buy rc2006 yet you know. depends on how ea06 turns out. I would love to have both but sadly don't have the funds for that. [/b]
Why would you have a stab at me ? All I was doing was trying to understand how you could possibly comment on a game you havent played. For the above alone which I think is ridiculous in the extreme, you have gone down in my estimation.

why not. you know how i think remember. I hate the game remember. you have read all the threads remember.

Great news I got it today.

I am really enjoying it. Love the mini-games for training. Really quite fun...
No more or less of what I expected so far. Definitely playable... An example of how playable it is; My little brother had a go at it against me... I played as Scotland against my brother as New Zealand... He beat me by 2 points in his first game... It was my second... He is **** at all sports games.

There are a few annoyances such as one sidestep animation that is nigh on useless... But all in all I have been having great fun so far. Goal kicking is great...

...And Tana Umaga is white... Joe Rokocoko is Black... Gregan is Tanned... Lomu isn't completely bald... Mils Muliaina is black... There seems to be a lot of weird things with the likenesses. It's almost as if Swordfish took the one part of the famous players that is recognisable, and randomised the rest of them... Eg. Tanas dreads... Gregans baldness... etc.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 4 2006, 11:33 PM

No more or less of what I expected so far. Definitely playable... An example of how playable it is; My little brother had a go at it against me... I played as Scotland against my brother as New Zealand... He beat me by 2 points in his first game... It was my second... He is **** at all sports games.

There are a few annoyances such as one sidestep animation that is nigh on useless... But all in all I have been having great fun so far. Goal kicking is great...

...And Tana Umaga is white... Joe Rokocoko is Black... Gregan is Tanned... Lomu isn't completely bald... Mils Muliaina is black... There seems to be a lot of weird things with the likenesses. It's almost as if Swordfish took the one part of the famous players that is recognisable, and randomised the rest of them... Eg. Tanas dreads... Gregans baldness... etc.
Best to use the step when you have a bit of space and your one on one with someone, in that situation its very effective.

Training is really good and I havent skipped it once yet
<

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Feb 4 2006, 11:33 PM
wait theres more weird things...one of the players in the subs (daryl ward i think) for the nz team has a brown coloured body (like rokocoko) and a white face... i wonder who that player is suppose to be in real life

It's a good game.

Love the sidesteps and kicking for goal. Scrums and mauls are also very intuitive.

Still can't quite find the time to kick for touch, even when I position the fly half, but that will no doubt come in time.

Haven't managed a single hand-off yet!

It is definitley a grower, and NO-ONE should write it off at this stage.

If Rugby 06 gives me what this game doesn't i.e. better career mode, more licences - on top of good gameplay - I will be more than happy.

I think the career mode is very good, shame I cannot find myself yet! I just feel it lacks the lastability for a single player.

I was dissappointed with the crowd, the sound has not been changed one bit it seems.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Feb 5 2006, 12:02 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Feb 5 2006, 12:02 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Feb 4 2006, 11:33 PM

Best to use the step when you have a bit of space and your one on one with someone, in that situation its very effective.

Training is really good and I havent skipped it once yet
<
[/b]
Yeah. Sidesteps are great overall... Theres just one that happens occassionally where the animation takes approximately 6 1/2 hours to execute... In slow motion, meaning when you do beat one guy, the rest of the opposition has wrapped you up. Just annoying.

Am loving the career mode. Not very indepth or anything, but training minigames and little additions like Physios etc. make this a stayer. Just about won my first World Cup to unlock classic 10.

I unlocked one of the special balls yesterday. It was the one with the caption "Use this ball and all of your players will suddenly look up in the world" or something like that...
I just assumed it would be like the one in WCR where the players would look towards you, only upwards... How wrong I was....

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 5 2006, 05:43 AM
I was dissappointed with the crowd, the sound has not been changed one bit it seems.
Big hits, raise the crowd volume and with England at home - definately England 03 - you will hear Swing Low when you've got a team at 12-0 or something and when you're in the opposition 22.

Think the games very good actually. If a little easy. The sound is about the worst thing on the game - really lacks atmosphere, but it's not a big deal i guess.

Is it me or whenever Shane Williams gets the ball, he sidesteps everytime, even when he's in the clear? - not that i'm complaining, wouldn't want him scoring against me anyway!!

Overall, very happy - 7.5/10. (and likely to increase the more i play it)

Originally posted by bman2112@Feb 6 2006, 06:35 AM
Think the games very good actually. If a little easy. The sound is about the worst thing on the game - really lacks atmosphere, but it's not a big deal i guess.

Is it me or whenever Shane Williams gets the ball, he sidesteps everytime, even when he's in the clear? - not that i'm complaining, wouldn't want him scoring against me anyway!!

Overall, very happy - 7.5/10. (and likely to increase the more i play it)
Maybe the sound is something else that can be edited ? Im sure the crowd roars could be changed or increased in volume for instance when a try is scored. Maybe even some tannoy music in the background
<

Well done Trev....Its a good, FUN game. I ve been playing it all weekend now and this afternoon i taught my six year old to play it. Because its not a simulation, for him it is alot more pick up and playable than ea would be. He scored two tries after one hours play!!
<

yep i am astill smashing it, and cant wait to finish work and smash it some more

i played really drunk the other night, on friday night, and i lost a few games, and didnt get promoted

but finally my players are getting decent, and their sprint metre lasts longer...this for me is the most important thing i can identify in career mode

i have the sickest coach, and have fixed my pack to be maxed out on the rucking, so at the moment, i dont lose much ball...............but in sacrifice for rucking, my backs speed, passing etc aint that great so scoring good tries is very hard for me.

in world cup mode, i have scored some scintilating tries with Lote, so i know its just a matter of time before i can replciate in career mode when my backs gets stats up

i am ready to dive into intensive care......will do tonight after a few games warm-up.

it will be getting played once EA06 arrives.................so i dont feel rushed to finish the unlockables etc

but how good is the feeling of just buying a good rugby game, and knowing another qulaity arrival is just weeks away.
<
<
<

I bought myself today, for 1,100cr. Moved him front lock (he's only a little fella) to openside/blindside. It's a shame I couldn't move him out to the backs...

But all of my players are averaging nearly 30-something overall probably. Getting there... Except my reserves. They're still ****.

...Oh, I restarted my career mode with a different kit (the orange one got annoying).

Also, I've unlocked everything EXCEPT the All Stars. To unlock it, it says "Win a game and retain at least 90% possesion and 90% territory" or something like that. I did it. Didn't unlock anything. Did it again but played 90% of the game in my own half. Again, nothing.

Anyone?

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 6 2006, 09:12 AM
yep i am astill smashing it, and cant wait to finish work and smash it some more

i played really drunk the other night, on friday night, and i lost a few games, and didnt get promoted

but finally my players are getting decent, and their sprint metre lasts longer...this for me is the most important thing i can identify in career mode

i have the sickest coach, and have fixed my pack to be maxed out on the rucking, so at the moment, i dont lose much ball...............but in sacrifice for rucking, my backs speed, passing etc aint that great so scoring good tries is very hard for me.

in world cup mode, i have scored some scintilating tries with Lote, so i know its just a matter of time before i can replciate in career mode when my backs gets stats up

i am ready to dive into intensive care......will do tonight after a few games warm-up.

it will be getting played once EA06 arrives.................so i dont feel rushed to finish the unlockables etc

but how good is the feeling of just buying a good rugby game, and knowing another qulaity arrival is just weeks away.
<
<
<
so the game is worth getting then i take it. might get it on ps2 for multi player and get ea rugby 06 on pc for single player mode.

Originally posted by frontline@Feb 6 2006, 08:40 PM
so the game is worth getting then i take it. might get it on ps2 for multi player and get ea rugby 06 on pc for single player mode.
Sounds like a good idea.

On the Sprint Bar issue. I just unlocked something that gives you unlimited sprint which I though may be good, however, you can only use it in Friendlys. Bah!

EDIT: Oh, and I was getting thrashed at a game (well, 14-0 down half time...) and my little brother told me to hurry up so he could play some Far Cry, so I just gave him the controller and said "Righto", and when I got back with a glass of coke, there he was playing my game. Bloody well too! He hadn't scored, but he was playing pretty good for a guy who hates rugby and most sports videogames...

Latest posts